DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #436
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
My 14 yo now camps out in the corner on an air mattress on our studio stays. His twin mattress fits just fine at VWL - no issues. Prior to having the air mattess we just laid down a sandwich of sheet/comforter/sleeping bag & pillows and he was a happy camper.
Excellent! Thank you!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #437
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Prayers being said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Hey folks
I know we all have stress in our lives, whether its work related, family, medical, etc. How we deal with it, thats where I need help. Mine is mostly work related. We are fortunate to have work, in fact, we have a little more than I can handle right now, but if I give it up, we have none. I have concerns for my health, diagnosed with high blood pressure recently, so with meds, thats slowly coming down.

A few weeks back, I was ready to walk away from it. But so many depend on me and our business. Not just employees and their families, but subs and their families. We are one big family, I consider, like us here.

So I ask for prayer from you folks. Mostly how to deal with the stress. I know if I turn it all over to Him, He will take care of it. I need to remind myself of that constantly.

I appreciate you all and consider you family

Edit: BTW, sorry for hijacking this page, looking back and realize I have invaded this space!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #438
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Maria

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 05-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #439
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Jimmy
You're in my thoughts and prayers.

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 05-23-2012, 09:10 PM   #440
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
twokats
Thanks for sharing those pics, I needed a VWL fix really bad
You are so welcome. I hope to take more for you before we leave for me to post when we get home.

Quote:
Hey folks
I know we all have stress in our lives, whether its work related, family, medical, etc. How we deal with it, thats where I need help. Mine is mostly work related. We are fortunate to have work, in fact, we have a little more than I can handle right now, but if I give it up, we have none. I have concerns for my health, diagnosed with high blood pressure recently, so with meds, thats slowly coming down.

A few weeks back, I was ready to walk away from it. But so many depend on me and our business. Not just employees and their families, but subs and their families. We are one big family, I consider, like us here.

So I ask for prayer from you folks. Mostly how to deal with the stress. I know if I turn it all over to Him, He will take care of it. I need to remind myself of that constantly.

Edit: BTW, sorry for hijacking this page, looking back and realize I have invaded this space!!!!
We know all about the stress and blood pressure issues. DH has a very stressful job and quite a few years back I had him in the ER and they said he was at stroke level. Luckily that has not happened, but even with medication sometimes he is still a high low as I say. But he has done well on the medication and we deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
I am terrible, terrible, terrible! I didn't get a ton of pictures of the GV. We really did not use the dining room nor did we use the pool table room. It may be the last time I ever book a GV. We had a tremendous time and the room was fantastic. The cleanliness was superb. If you are considering a large group where you are eating in the room a lot, the GV is the way to go. I had ordered water the Monday before the Friday arrival and Bell Services had it delivered to my room, ready when the room was ready. The service was great.

We did have a mixup with our room charges. I got some of my cousin's room charges. We managed to untangle that mess on the day of departure. But all in all, it was a fantastic time.

We are staying 9 nights in a VWL studio this December, and are thinking about bringing our DGD with us. So it would be Me, DW, DS and DGD. Do you think we can get a single inflatable mattress and use that in the studio?
DD, Kati, did the single inflatable mattress several years back and did very well with it. She still keeps it just in case she ever needs it again.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 05-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #441
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Jimmytammy...a wise friend gave me this mantra
Let Go...Let God.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #442
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Got it in just in time!! Happy birthday Maria!!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:20 AM   #443
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Happy Birthday Maria!!!
I'm a couple hours late for the b-day, but hope it was a happy one!

Old 05-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #444
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Hey folks

It's posts like this one that strike fear in me, fear of going back to work and the stress level that goes with it. Being unemployed has been such a blessing for me and I know that sounds crazy. Prayers for you, Jimmy, so that you can handle the stress without getting ill in the process.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #445
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

You guys are the best !!! Thank you so much for making me smile and for the birthday wishes !!!!!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #446
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Jimmytammy....
Stress can be helpful in small amounts, but when it gets to be too much that it affects health I know it can be scary. I wish you some calming moments scattered throughout our often hectic lives. Hang in there. Prayers going out to ya !

Old 05-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #447
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Hey all!

Thanks for the prayers and concerns, I literally felt things being lifted off me yesterday, and firmly believe you folks had a big part in that in prayer on my behalf. You folks are the best!! I dont deserve you, but I am so blessed to have you in my life.

More news medically...they put me on cholesterol meds yesterday. I know this is all in the norm, and I should have known it was coming...high blood on my moms side, high cholesterol on my dads. It boils down to one less PB&J milkshake from 50s PTC per trip
Old 05-24-2012, 05:50 AM   #448
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
I am terrible, terrible, terrible! I didn't get a ton of pictures of the GV. We really did not use the dining room nor did we use the pool table room. It may be the last time I ever book a GV. We had a tremendous time and the room was fantastic. The cleanliness was superb. If you are considering a large group where you are eating in the room a lot, the GV is the way to go. I had ordered water the Monday before the Friday arrival and Bell Services had it delivered to my room, ready when the room was ready. The service was great.

We did have a mixup with our room charges. I got some of my cousin's room charges. We managed to untangle that mess on the day of departure. But all in all, it was a fantastic time.

We are staying 9 nights in a VWL studio this December, and are thinking about bringing our DGD with us. So it would be Me, DW, DS and DGD. Do you think we can get a single inflatable mattress and use that in the studio?
We used to use a twin size blowup with the automatic pump that would also reverse the air to breakdown quickly. Be sure to get a mattress with a cloth topping/velvet on it. It helps to keep the crinkle sound of the mattress down, therefore allows for quieter sleep time for others in the room.

We would place the mattress between the tv cab and the pullout and it fit just right! VWL will bring extra sheets/blankets.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #449
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Best wishes to the stressed out groupies! I join all who wish for relief! I'm dealing with the passing of an Uncle, who taught me to ride a 2 wheeler way back in the 1950s. DH is a huge help to me and we'll be in Cape May next week doing what we can.

Happy belated birthday, but my DSis celebrates for the month, you can too, Maria!

Bobbi
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #450
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Maria~ I am so sorry I missed your bday! Hope you had a great day!

JimmySending good thoughts your way!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: