DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #3556
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Hi Groupies
Well, DDad and I are back. Aulani is amazing! I really think you should be planning the meet there. I've only read back 1 page but it's pretty exciting that there are several looking to meet. Sounds like great fun!

I hope you get to feeling better, Kathy. Sounds like winter has taken its toll on you. Hopefully you'll have some answers soon and the Dr's can get you on the proper path to recovery.

I'm going to try and get caught up. You sure are a chatty bunch.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #3557
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Welcome home D Di. I personally can't wait to hear all about HI. That is Mr Muush's dream vacation.
If I could just get him on a plane.....I digress. Welcome home. Settle in. Trip report!!!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #3558
twokats
DIS Veteran

Di,
Glad y'all are back, can't wait to hear all about it.

The doctors office called and said the x-ray looked fine, so I guess I missed the bullet there. The hardest part of this week is my sinuses are so sore and hurt so bad that it makes my teeth hurt.

I will admit I am used to being well in a week or less. This 3 weeks sucks.
My darling husband is even a little concerned. Thanks for all the good wishes. Hopefully I will get better with this latest antibotic. I really am getting tired of this.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #3559
sechem32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61

How about the 13th. Sid won't be finished school until the 24th so I don't have to worry about schlepping over to Ohio to pick him up.
April 13 works for me and wfc4life - right in between Easter and my high scool reunion, so perfect timing!

Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #3560
sechem32
Earning My Ears

DiznyDi - welcome back! glad you had a good trip!

twokats - glad there was nothing on the xray, and hope the antibiotic work for you soon!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:52 AM   #3561
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Di and Dad, Welcome back!!!
And a meet in HI sounds perfect to me, never been but always wanted too. My folks used to go once a year and they love it, our DD went once with them and is ready to go back.
Like Muushka says, get rested and back into some normalcy of life, then give us a trip report
Old 02-27-2013, 05:53 AM   #3562
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Sounds like a meet is shaping up nicely
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #3563
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

DD -- Ooooo Oooooo! Pictures!!!!!!!!! Soon?

Kathy -- don't forget, if what you have is the same thing that's been going around down here, it is a virus and it lasts!!!!! Hopefully you won't have the full 4 months that others have had. Mine went 2 1/2 months. I just stayed on expectorant faithfully to try to keep the yuck out of my chest. Sudafed for sinuses, tylenol for aches, LOTS OF FLUIDS and rest. And patience. That was the hardest part!

Feel better!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 PM   #3564
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechem32 View Post
DiznyDi - welcome back! glad you had a good trip!

twokats - glad there was nothing on the xray, and hope the antibiotic work for you soon!
I am feeling a little better today. It is the first day I have NOT woke up at 5 am with a headache. My teeth don't hurt either!!! I know my doctor does not like to always give me the same antibiotic, but that z-pack really works on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
DD -- Ooooo Oooooo! Pictures!!!!!!!!! Soon?

Kathy -- don't forget, if what you have is the same thing that's been going around down here, it is a virus and it lasts!!!!! Hopefully you won't have the full 4 months that others have had. Mine went 2 1/2 months. I just stayed on expectorant faithfully to try to keep the yuck out of my chest. Sudafed for sinuses, tylenol for aches, LOTS OF FLUIDS and rest. And patience. That was the hardest part!

Feel better!
I admit after the last couple of weeks, patience is not the virtue I can practice right now. Especially with all the tax work that is stacking up. I am hoping this is the begining of the end. I have always had problems when the pollen count shows mountain cedar with highs. Usually I can slide through it with my normal maintenance meds, but this time the numbers were so high and I was under a lot of stress, so I guess that did not help.

Thanks for all the good wishes, I think they really helped. I know they helped.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 02-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #3565
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Here's a few photos to enjoy:
Our friend Mickey

The Lazy River

Aulani lagoon

Photobucket isn't cooperating with me this evening. I'll try again tomorrow.
Rain/sleet/snow in Ohio tonight. Aulani seems so far away.....
Old 02-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #3566
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Di..I love your photos!

Wish I was closer to join in with the meet up!

Back from a quick 4 days in a treehouse with friends. I did the family 5K at the Princess marathon weekend! Fun! Even got the medal!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #3567
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Di..I love your photos!

Wish I was closer to join in with the meet up!

Back from a quick 4 days in a treehouse with friends. I did the family 5K at the Princess marathon weekend! Fun! Even got the medal!
Congratulations on the marathon and the medal!!

What did you think of the treehouse?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #3568
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Congratulations on the marathon and the medal!!

What did you think of the treehouse?
Treehouse was wonderful! You have to be patient..you aren't getting anywhere fast though! But it was so peaceful and beautiful. The inside is beautiful and very homey. I could definitely live there for an extended time! lol..
The quiet pool and hot tub are also very small and private. I don't like having a car when I'm at Disney, so I suppose it would make things easier as far as transportation. But the boats are right there and there is a bus. The point price is also good. I am going on the member cruise next Sept with 5 others and we will all be in a treehouse after the cruise. The 3 bedrooms with the bunks are awesome!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #3569
staceyeid
Mouseketeer

So excited, just booked a 2BR at VWL in early September for 8 nights!! This will be our first visit to the resort. Looking forward to taking the boat to Magic Kingdom. Decided not to rent a car this time and fully utilize Disney transportation.

We did a combo stay between AKL and SSR Treehouse the same time last year and really enjoyed both. Loved the spaciousness and relaxed feeling of the treehouse but also loved the hustle and bustle and animal views at AKL (had a regular club level room though and it was small! ). The only downside to both resorts was the driving. We had a rental car and used this over Disney transportation to save time (especially with all the stops at Treehouse).

Where else do the boats go from VWL? Looks like definitely to MK and Fort Wilderness. Does it go to Contemporary? Can we then hop on the monorail to Poly or Epcot? Sorry I don't know the monorail layout well. My Mom would love to do the Lua at the cove and it would be great to take boat/monorail over bus. Just a much more magical experience to me!

Thank you!!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #3570
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Blossomz
That treehouse deal has had me interested for some time now. Friends who are DVCers from back home have talked about possibility of going in together for a week. I have heard the downside about transportation, but we would have our van, so no problem there. Thanks for the insight, Treehouse might be near future for me

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: