DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #301
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Aren't you the excited one!... Me too! 6 days 'till AKV GV and WDW!
Hi WildernessDad I guess you can say we are both just a TAD excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
WD, have a great time, you too Corrine.
Thanks Muush!!

Old 05-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #302
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Thanks for the groupie photos Maria!
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #303
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Today is my first day off since I got back late Friday night (we drove all the way and big backups on I 95 in VA/D.C.). Even though I was so sad to miss the MK meet due to time constraints and missing my stop on the monorail from Epcot to TTC, I was so happy to run in to Joy (teapot) and then meet up with Christopher (stopher1). Both are SUPER people and wish we had had more time ! Must try and meet again ! Di and Dad....wish we could have met but I am so happy to hear you are chillin' and having fun at our favorite place---the LODGE ! When I left, the weather was glorious there !

It's always such fun meeting up with (and hanging out with) friends at WDW.

I had such a delightful late evening with Di/Dad, Joy & husband Stephen watching my beloved MSEP; and then a delightful morning with Joy at the MK a couple of days later - followed by lunch at Roaring Fork and a delightful conversation with Ranger Jack, who took our picture, which I haven't downloaded off the camera yet (see Joy, I told you I might not be as quick to post it as you might be...); and even though brief - a wonderful visit with you, Maria; and then another wonderful morning with Di/Dad in the Studios. I can't wait til I can do it again.

I have had so little time to be on the boards lately - wow, I've missed the first 21 pages of the new thread. Nice job Jimmy, et al. And since I've missed them, and don't really have time to read back through - I hope that those who celebrated birthdays did so grandly; those who need prayer - I've been praying for you - just not by name; and for those who made any kind of announcements - I wish you the best in whatever it might be.

Life has been moving pretty fast around here. We're gearing up for a non-stop summer, too. School gets out here in just 3 weeks, and then everyone is off and running here, there and everywhere. Both boys will be going on week-long mission trips, all 3 kiddos will be going to different summer camps, plus a wide array of other stuff. Throw 9 days of nothing in there for our trip to AKV - and soon enough summer is done and school will be starting again.

The business is continuing to grow including several Groupies / other DIS friends. I spent a long, yet delightful week in Ft. Lauderdale prior to heading up to Orlando for 3 nights. Lots of activity going on as I continue to meet with groups about going on different group trips (from as few as 8 couples to up to 120+ people) - to Alaska, the Holy Land, Australia and the Bahamas. I mentioned it before - and was serious - I think it would be fun to put together a Groupies Group Cruise sometime. Recently I added special needs to my certifications, which is helping to open a new realm of possibilities for clientele as well. I'm working with someone locally in putting together a seminar for people with special needs, and have already sold my first accessible cabin.

Well, I think that about covers it on my end for now. I'll be back around later, and promise to try and be better about checking in. What was once multiple times per day has quickly become once in a blue moon!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 05-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #304
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Thanks for the pics. Wish we were heading to the World before November! Seems like a long time away, but I don't actually want to rush the summer months since I have a lot of lazing about to do.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #305
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
It's always such fun meeting up with (and hanging out with) friends at WDW.

I had such a delightful late evening with Di/Dad, Joy & husband Stephen watching my beloved MSEP; and then a delightful morning with Joy at the MK a couple of days later - followed by lunch at Roaring Fork and a delightful conversation with Ranger Jack, who took our picture, which I haven't downloaded off the camera yet (see Joy, I told you I might not be as quick to post it as you might be...); and even though brief - a wonderful visit with you, Maria; and then another wonderful morning with Di/Dad in the Studios. I can't wait til I can do it again.

I have had so little time to be on the boards lately - wow, I've missed the first 21 pages of the new thread. Nice job Jimmy, et al. And since I've missed them, and don't really have time to read back through - I hope that those who celebrated birthdays did so grandly; those who need prayer - I've been praying for you - just not by name; and for those who made any kind of announcements - I wish you the best in whatever it might be.

Life has been moving pretty fast around here. We're gearing up for a non-stop summer, too. School gets out here in just 3 weeks, and then everyone is off and running here, there and everywhere. Both boys will be going on week-long mission trips, all 3 kiddos will be going to different summer camps, plus a wide array of other stuff. Throw 9 days of nothing in there for our trip to AKV - and soon enough summer is done and school will be starting again.

The business is continuing to grow including several Groupies / other DIS friends. I spent a long, yet delightful week in Ft. Lauderdale prior to heading up to Orlando for 3 nights. Lots of activity going on as I continue to meet with groups about going on different group trips (from as few as 8 couples to up to 120+ people) - to Alaska, the Holy Land, Australia and the Bahamas. I mentioned it before - and was serious - I think it would be fun to put together a Groupies Group Cruise sometime. Recently I added special needs to my certifications, which is helping to open a new realm of possibilities for clientele as well. I'm working with someone locally in putting together a seminar for people with special needs, and have already sold my first accessible cabin.

Well, I think that about covers it on my end for now. I'll be back around later, and promise to try and be better about checking in. What was once multiple times per day has quickly become once in a blue moon!
Sounds like business is going great! When God closes one door, wait on Him, He will open another for you. I believe He has opened a wonderful door for you Stopher!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #306
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #307
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Wow, that was quick! My wait list for the evening December 9 in a VWL studio came through!

Old 05-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #308
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Isn't that exciting when a wait list comes through?!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #309
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Wow, that was quick! My wait list for the evening December 9 in a VWL studio came through!
Seriously !! I've been on the waitlist for that night for 2 months no kidding...

Old 05-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #310
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
Seriously !! I've been on the waitlist for that night for 2 months no kidding...
Guess I should have checked first... SO DID MINE !!!!

Old 05-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #311
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Thank you guys....glad you enjoyed the couple groupie meet pics !
Hi Christopher ! Glad you made it home safely---I know you even got time to run to a park before you left ! It was so nice to meet you---and Joy for a second time.
Oh Christopher....right after we parted, I headed back to our room to finish packing up and loading the car (we drove). Husband came running up to tell me a big turtle was stranded in the OKW parking lot (we were bldg 17) with a fishing hook in his neck. I immediately ran back to the HH and alerted management who sent out Animal Management within 10 min. They took this poor guy away in a cooler and assured me they would help him and release him. So we were assiting in a turtle rescue right after I left you Christopher !

Here's our OKW turtle :
this is our guy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_softshell_turtle

Old 05-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #312
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

PS : Congrats to whoever got a waitlist come through !!! Go WD ! Here's hoping others come through---keliblue !
I'm on one myself for Oct 7 (one night). Just needed to add an extra night on because the airfare is SOOOOO much cheaper on Mon vs Sunday. Anyone know how many active waitlists we can have ?
Happy Tuesday to you as well Jimmytammy !!!!

Thanks !

Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #313
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
PS : Congrats to whoever got a waitlist come through !!! Go WD ! Here's hoping others come through---keliblue !
I'm on one myself for Oct 7 (one night). Just needed to add an extra night on because the airfare is SOOOOO much cheaper on Mon vs Sunday. Anyone know how many active waitlists we can have ?
Happy Tuesday to you as well Jimmytammy !!!!

Thanks !
I believe the number is two.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #314
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Good job on the turtle Maria. A nurse even at WDW! I hope the big guy is OK. He looks so sad......

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #315
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Thanks sleepydog !

And Muush....he did look sad. You can't really see the big fish hook in his neck---but he/she would extend it's neck out all the way and it was deep. My husband was going to remove it with a small set of pliars he had but was afraid what would happen if the turtle bled afterwards. I'm a huge animal lover. I told the manager at OKW I was not going home until I saw the turtle rescued. He was in the parking lot and any car could have pulled up and ran right over him. We stood guard until the Disney peeps came !

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: