DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #3091
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneygirl View Post
I love, love, love Storybookland Canal Boats

Just booked for 3 nights after the 4 day Dream Dec 12-15th Love Xmas at the Lodge, I especially love after coming home from MVMCP and just hopping on the boat all tuckered out.
Sounds like a great plan!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #3092
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
I love, love, love Storybookland Canal Boats

Just booked for 3 nights after the 4 day Dream Dec 12-15th Love Xmas at the Lodge, I especially love after coming home from MVMCP and just hopping on the boat all tuckered out.
My first Christmas experience at the World was just a couple of years ago, and it was spectacular. The Lodge is gorgeous, the Osborne Lights amazing, and MVMCP parade is pure happiness. We've never stayed at the World after a cruise, though we've done (and will do in July) the opposite. I wish Walt had planned the Storybook Land boat ride for the World, too.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #3093
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
My first Christmas experience at the World was just a couple of years ago, and it was spectacular. The Lodge is gorgeous, the Osborne Lights amazing, and MVMCP parade is pure happiness. We've never stayed at the World after a cruise, though we've done (and will do in July) the opposite. I wish Walt had planned the Storybook Land boat ride for the World, too.

Last time we did cruise/then WDW and I found the parks so hectic and crowded after the relaxing cruise but it was also spring break time. I hope it won't be as insane this time.

Although we learned our lesson one year, don't go to Osbourne lights on a Saturday night!
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Aug 2014 SSR/AKL, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)

Old 01-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #3094
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Good Morning Groupies!
Once agin, I've fallen VERY behind, but have spent time this morning getting caught up. I'm certain I won't remember everything.....

tea pot What great plans you have! I'm thinking 2013 will be a very good year and all your planning will fall into place without a hitch! Would love to be retired and join you!

bagsmom I can 'feel' your excitement! Just keep coming by the thread and before you know it, you'll be in single digits! So thankful your friend had a better report. I'll continue to lift her in prayer.

Thanks deb & bill for posting the renovation photos. I did like the pinecones, but think the new theme is equally as nice. Not certain how I feel about the laminate flooring..... and agree the carpeting is a nice insulator against noise.

I'm really excited as I read through everyone's December plans. DDad and I will miss many of you as we've scheduled Dec. 13 - 21 for our trip. I think tea pot will be there with family - we'll have to schedule a 'mini-meet'! Eliza, have you settled on a date yet?

Enjoyed reading through the 'coaster' discussion. DDad and I always enjoyed riding nearly every coaster. Unfortunately I have 'issues' with my neck and had to give these up several years ago.

Inkmahm Sounds like you're on a good path! I hope the recumbent bike will be beneficial for you. Long story short: DDad built one of those (in the 70's) from old bicycle parts and rode it in a parade! I believe we still have it somewhere in the rafters of our garage.....

Our Aulani trip is looming on the horizon. My daily countdown is showing 22 days. We hope to do a day trip to the big island and see the volcano. It is publicized as a 16 hour tour - the next day may just need to be a spa day!

I planted the top of a pineapple about 8 years ago. I've faithfully watered and fed my dear plant. DDad has trimmed, potted and re-potted. We take it outdoors in the heat of the summer and bring it in in the winter. Lo and behold - my pineapple is having a pineapple! I figure it it will mature while we're in Hawaii.

Enjoy your day Groupies! I put my mom on a plane to NC early this morning. She'll be staying with my nephew and his family for the next 3 weeks. Need to get her out of this frigid air and into some warmer weather.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #3095
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Last time we did cruise/then WDW and I found the parks so hectic and crowded after the relaxing cruise but it was also spring break time. I hope it won't be as insane this time.

Although we learned our lesson one year, don't go to Osbourne lights on a Saturday night!
Our first Disney cruise, we did the cruise then WDW. Last year DH and I did WDW then the cruise. I like that better and will plan that way for any cruises out of Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Good Morning Groupies!
Once agin, I've fallen VERY behind, but have spent time this morning getting caught up. I'm certain I won't remember everything.....

I'm really excited as I read through everyone's December plans. DDad and I will miss many of you as we've scheduled Dec. 13 - 21 for our trip. I think tea pot will be there with family - we'll have to schedule a 'mini-meet'! Eliza, have you settled on a date yet?

Our Aulani trip is looming on the horizon. My daily countdown is showing 22 days. We hope to do a day trip to the big island and see the volcano. It is publicized as a 16 hour tour - the next day may just need to be a spa day!

I planted the top of a pineapple about 8 years ago. I've faithfully watered and fed my dear plant. DDad has trimmed, potted and re-potted. We take it outdoors in the heat of the summer and bring it in in the winter. Lo and behold - my pineapple is having a pineapple! I figure it it will mature while we're in Hawaii.
Since we leave late on the 14th and we have seen y'all every Dec trip, we may have to do breakfast like we did our last trip.

Have a great time at Aulani. I want lots of details, since I hope DH and I will go there someday.

Hope your little 'pineapple' matures as planned. Never have tried a pineapple. Have done a few avocados and lots of sweet potatoes.

We are in single digit countdown for our Magic cruise out of Galveston next week. Kati is super excited.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #3096
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

I can't respond to each post -- trying to do lots of Mom stuff and help with homework.

But yay to all -- pineapple, upcoming trips, biking, cruises, Christmas WDW -- all that stuff.

I love reading it! Gives me my smiles and helps me hang in there for another 4 + months!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #3097
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE_ont

Old 01-25-2013, 12:39 AM   #3098
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWOKATS !!!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:53 AM   #3099
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Twokats,

Maria "gave" you some mugs. I'll give you some freshly brewed Starbuck's cybercoffee to put in them. And would you like some flavored creamer? I suggest the Heath Toffee flavor. Mmmmmm.

Enjoy your birthday!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #3100
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

We got a twofer today folks!!

Happy Birthday twokats and Claire_ont!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #3101
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Went to our 1st pro Hockey game last night, Hurricanes vs. Sabres. Really enjoyed it, even our non sports loving DD loved it! T and I used to go to some minor league hockey a few yrs back but this is a whole different animal.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #3102
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Happy Birthday twokats

Happy Birthday Claire

Where's lunch???

Have a great day!

PS Di, congrats on the baby pineapple!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #3103
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Two birthdays?

Happy Birthday twokats!

Happy Birthday Claire_ont!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #3104
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Went to our 1st pro Hockey game last night, Hurricanes vs. Sabres. Really enjoyed it, even our non sports loving DD loved it! T and I used to go to some minor league hockey a few yrs back but this is a whole different animal.
That is awesome! DH got me a 6 game weekend plan for my birthday. We went this past week and have another game coming up on the 2nd against the Hurricanes. So glad hockey is back. And you are right, the NHL is so different.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #3105
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday Twokats and Claire!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: