DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #2896
StanH
Are my ears growing yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Stan
Once a groupie, always a groupie, glad you are back, and you, along with all groupies are always welcome.

Glad you folks had such a wonderful trip!!
Thank you

Old 01-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #2897
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Hi, Groupies. Just checking in.

My youngest daughter told me over the New Year's break that she is engaged. In fact, the husband to be called the day before to "ask for her hand in marriage." Now, if a guy does that, he's got to be a great guy. I've known him for a bit. We said yes, and he popped the question the next day.

So, now I have a 2 bedroom setup at VWL from the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to the Sunday after. I wonder how that will work out if they get married before then.
Congratulations! I'm sure it will be a wonderful time for them.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #2898
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanH View Post
Now you are sounding like my wife and kids!

We are unsure at this time...My wife is a teacher, so it will have to revolve around school holidays and breaks...I printed the point charts yesterday and brought them home so we could look at dates, points, etc.

And to directly answer your question - Not soon enough!
They're ready to go back! I have found the sting of leaving is much less when I know there's another one already booked

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Old 01-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #2899
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanH View Post
Now you are sounding like my wife and kids!

We are unsure at this time...My wife is a teacher, so it will have to revolve around school holidays and breaks...I printed the point charts yesterday and brought them home so we could look at dates, points, etc.

And to directly answer your question - Not soon enough!
This is the first time that I've already booked the 2nd trip before I've even gone on the next one! It's great!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #2900
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Hi Groupies
Well, I'm about 10 pages behind but will try to get caught up this evening.

Many thanks to all of you for your words of comfort and condolence at my FIL's passing. The service was Friday. DDad and I are beginning to get our lives back to 'normal'.

I've really missed my time here. The daily banter and support for one another that goes on is always a highlight of my day.

For any new Groupies that have joined our little place on the Dis, WELCOME!

Happy Belated Birthday to any that I may have missed.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #2901
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Disney Di -- I have just started popping back on after being MIA for a while. I meant to add my sympathies to those of everyone else. I hope that being back on here will give you some much-needed smiles!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #2902
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

So I just had a "We're not staying DVC this time" snob moment. I was telling DBF that I wanted to watch Beauty and the Beast before we go on our Feb trip so we can be "ready" for new FL (yes, I'm THAT nerd). He tells me, why don't you just bring the DVD and we can watch it the first night. "Great idea!" I say.

And then I think about it.

Uh, honey, we're not using points. I don't think we get a DVD player.

My name is Kathy, and I'm a DVC snob.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #2903
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Hi, Groupies. Just checking in.

My youngest daughter told me over the New Year's break that she is engaged. In fact, the husband to be called the day before to "ask for her hand in marriage." Now, if a guy does that, he's got to be a great guy. I've known him for a bit. We said yes, and he popped the question the next day.

So, now I have a 2 bedroom setup at VWL from the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to the Sunday after. I wonder how that will work out if they get married before then.
Congrats WDad
We're right there with you...
Our youngest DD got engaged over Thanksgiving weekend.
( she's my little 2nd generation DVC member)
Our future DSIL ask my husband for her hand when
she and I were down in Disney for our girls only trip in Sept.
Sounds like a couple of good guys

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 01-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #2904
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So I just had a "We're not staying DVC this time" snob moment. I was telling DBF that I wanted to watch Beauty and the Beast before we go on our Feb trip so we can be "ready" for new FL (yes, I'm THAT nerd). He tells me, why don't you just bring the DVD and we can watch it the first night. "Great idea!" I say.

And then I think about it.

Uh, honey, we're not using points. I don't think we get a DVD player.

My name is Kathy, and I'm a DVC snob.
Kathy
I don't know about being a DVC snob
but We are definitely DVC Spoiled

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #2905
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Thursday Morning Trivia.

Happy Thursday Gang,
Nothing special going on today so to give us a little dose of magic. Here we go... Time to give our Disney Princes some love.

1) From what movie is Prince Phillip from?
2. From what movie is Prince Adam from?
3. Who are the three princesses in Mulan 2 that Mulan has to guard?
4. From what movie is Prince Eric from?
5. What is donald ducks full name?
6. From what Country was Prince Naveen from?
7. What was the name of the side kick who helped Hercules go from "zero to hero" and what was he?

Hope some thing magical happens to everyone today....
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #2906
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Here's a question for you groupies. Actually a couple of them....

Have you folks heard about the new armband i.d. that will be an all-in-one sort of thing? To replace tickets and badges and such? (Also will allow very advanced reservations of all sorts of things, including fastpasses and parade viewing spots. I think that will all be a problem when it comes down to it, but that's just me.) Anyway, since it is a new thing, I wonder how they will let people know when it's going to be available. Have you heard anything about this?

Second question, in my quest to provide relaxing, non-stressful activities for my DH I thought we would all enjoy looking around the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It would be fun to check it out to see if we would like to stay there some day. I assume it's fine to do that, right? Would there be any problem with driving there and just looking around? Or do they require restaurant reservations or something? Just wondering!

I hope you all have a fabulous day! We are expecting 70 degree days here for a few days. SO WEIRD!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #2907
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Happy Thursday Gang,
Nothing special going on today so to give us a little dose of magic. Here we go... Time to give our Disney Princes some love.

2. From what movie is Prince Adam from?
3. Who are the three princesses in Mulan 2 that Mulan has to guard?
4. From what movie is Prince Eric from?
5. What is donald ducks full name?
6. From what Country was Prince Naveen from?
7. What was the name of the side kick who helped Hercules go from "zero to hero" and what was he?

Hope some thing magical happens to everyone today....
This is the only one (shamefully) I know without googling---it is Sleeping Beauty ! I will allow others to tackle the rest based on their knowledge. I think I might need some more coffee to tackle those----but then I go to GOOGLE !

Old 01-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #2908
eliza61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Here's a question for you groupies. Actually a couple of them....

Have you folks heard about the new armband i.d. that will be an all-in-one sort of thing? To replace tickets and badges and such? (Also will allow very advanced reservations of all sorts of things, including fastpasses and parade viewing spots. I think that will all be a problem when it comes down to it, but that's just me.) Anyway, since it is a new thing, I wonder how they will let people know when it's going to be available. Have you heard anything about this?

Second question, in my quest to provide relaxing, non-stressful activities for my DH I thought we would all enjoy looking around the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It would be fun to check it out to see if we would like to stay there some day. I assume it's fine to do that, right? Would there be any problem with driving there and just looking around? Or do they require restaurant reservations or something? Just wondering!

I hope you all have a fabulous day! We are expecting 70 degree days here for a few days. SO WEIRD!
1. Rumor has it that the new armbands will begin being phased in some time beginning April. I don't envision them getting rid of paper tickets this year. I haven't heard exactly how they plan on doing this.
My aversion to them is the "advance" planning. I recognize that as an "old hand" at disney I am in the minority since I rarely do lots of pre trip planning. This will basically force my hand. In a few years, I forsee them doing away with in park fast passes which will force me to use the bands and a smart phone. Now of course I'm just gazing into my crystal ball like everyone else. I maybe totally wrong and I've been told I'm an alarmist so go figure.

If you go on the theme parks forum you will find tons of discussion on it.

My second concern is for the newbie who is not a disser. Many here (on the dis) have a very poor attitude of "well if you don't research your vacation, it's your own fault". I find that so distasteful. no matter how you slice it, a vacation at the world is a sizeable investment. The thought that some one who for whatever reason did not do 9 months of planning ending up with a disastrous vacation just rubs me wrong. I do recognize the days of booking a trip and just showing up are pretty much gone but I think there should be some happy medium between just showing up and planning the allied invasion of Normandy. I really don't want to have to be Supreme allied commander Eisenhower simply to ride the teacupsl.

2. You are more than welcome to walk around the resorts and Animal kingdom is a great tour. talk about sensory overload. I've never had any issues. I drive up to the gate, usually I have my parking pass in my window so the guard does at least know I'm a guest some where and just tell the guard I'd like to look at the resort. never had an issue.

Last edited by eliza61; 01-10-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #2909
eliza61

the first post in this thread sums up the new Fast pass plus scenerio very well.

It's broken into 3 parts
1. what we know for sure
2. info from other sites
3. what we still don't know.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3042834
Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #2910
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

StanH,..thanks for your TR...sorry your Flag Family day was a bit of a disappointment though ! Hope you have a better experience with that on a future trip !

Twinklebug....your summer plans sound good---I agree about Kidani on the food. It's my only real disappointment in that resort ! They do have some good sandwiches at the pool bar--and Sanaa---but haven't quite embraced the food there yet.

Happy belated to Elvis and Santa Ray !!!!

And CONGRATS WD on your daughter's engagement !!!! Fantastic news !!!!
My daughter became engaged in in Dec 2011 and we have just begun talks on wedding planning ! So exciting !

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: