DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #2776
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Welcome back Barb!!!!

How was your cruise?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #2777
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Tell her to bring an umbrella
She has just the one and would love to use it!

Happy birthday Eliza. You don't wanna go and watch the Mummers for your birthday?

I hope everyone has a great new year!
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #2778
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Hi all, sorry, I have been MIA. Hope you all had a joyful holiday season, and have a peaceful and blessed 2013.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #2779
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Welcome back Barb!!!!

How was your cruise?
It was fantastic. The best. I think I posted here from the cruise, but who knows! Anywhoo, it was great.
Just one snafu. On the way home I hit a tire flying through the air at 70 MPH. No damage to us, just the bumper of my new car. Comprehensive, no deductible, so I will be filing a claim. Other than that, a fine trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Thanks guys,
Muush, for 25 years the old guy and I swore up and down we were going to ring in the New year at a big party some where. We did it a grand total of 1 times and that was for my 50th b-day when we actually made it to Vegas. LOL. Philly has fireworks for free along the riverfront but boy am I getting old, standing outside in 25 degree weather with thousands of my closets friends? Not looking good.

Sid and Rizzo picked up tickets to see Les Miserable, the play not the movie. It's in Philly so I'll be watching folks singing their guts out while dramatically dying during the french revolution. Gotta love musicals.

Yep, I am bound and determine to get to the world once in December. My excuse is I want to see the Christmas decoration but I'm secretly plotting to attend a groupie meet. I'm going to snag the BCV's though. WL is not my home resort and I'm scared to wait until 7 months out to book so I'm going to go for my 11 month window at BC not sure of the week yet. I'll keep you posted.

Everyone have a safe, blessed and fun New Years Eve. Emphasis on the safe part, alcohol has been known to do very strange things to normally rational human beings.
I'm so glad you and your old guy went to Vegas. Was that just last year?

I hope it works out that we can meet at WDW, but somehow I think we may be a little earlier than Dec.

Happy New Year to our Groupie buds

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #2780
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Barb
I am so sorry about the tire deal. It stinks when you have a new car and you just cringe when that 1st mishap occurs. We purchased a new Honda Odyssey Dec. 2012 and our 1st cringe was when a tire flew from under a fellows car and hit the side on a trip back from WDW back in Mar. We were about 10 miles from home

BTW, I was in your neck of the woods on Fri. DDs fiance was buying a car and since he had to work, I went on his behalf to make the purchase.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #2781
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Happiness on your birthday eliza !

Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #2782
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Barb
I am so sorry about the tire deal. It stinks when you have a new car and you just cringe when that 1st mishap occurs. We purchased a new Honda Odyssey Dec. 2012 and our 1st cringe was when a tire flew from under a fellows car and hit the side on a trip back from WDW back in Mar. We were about 10 miles from home

BTW, I was in your neck of the woods on Fri. DDs fiance was buying a car and since he had to work, I went on his behalf to make the purchase.
Oh ugh Jimmy. That was a bummer too.

Hi Maria! I know you!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #2783
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Muushka and Julie !!!!
Granny....thanks so much for the Gary Sinese CP clip. Always thought he was a terrific narrator.
And Kathy....what a cute bunny under the hood !!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY GROUPIE PALS !!!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #2784
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Happy New Year, everyone!

I've been MIA as well! Schooltime stuff, then busy from Halloween on -- lots of various crud brought home by kids from school -- then all the holidays!

I've given myself motivation to take down my SIX Christmas trees. I am not allowed to start planning our June trip until all the Christmas stuff is put away.

But I wanted to pop in and say hello! I hope you have all had wonderful holidays. I haven't read a thing in months, so I have no real hope of catching up!

Once I fully undecorate and get kids back to school, I'll be back on and starting to get my Disney motor going!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #2785
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Happy Birthday Eliza!!!
It seems like such a great day of the year to have been born on with a big party thrown for you every year!!

Happy New Year Groupies!

So a quick share of my exciting New Years. Water froze at the house yesterday morning. At least it's making it to the yard hydrants for the horses but nothing inside. Sigh. It's done this a couple of times before but always thawed out at some point during the day but not yesterday. However we also have a new place that we just got and are beginning a remodel that is 45 minutes away and now I started to worry about the water there. So at 8:30 last night I packed up the dogs - gave DH a hug and said Happy New Year - and headed off for the first night in the house. No furniture but I had a Keurig coffee machine and an airbed. But the airbed wouldn't hold air! I didn't want to drive back on a cold, New Years eve so out to the shop to bring in an old mattress we had put out there. But then I couldn't fit it in my Tahoe (mattress is queen size) and didn't think it would be fun struggling to get it on the roof to bring it the 100-150 yards to the house. Then I decided I could get it on the hood - not that I could see out after doing that though! But I followed the fence line out my side window and drove over the frozen lawn to the door, dragged the mattress down and wormed it over the step and threshold. All I can say is I'm sooooooo happy there's a good tree screen or the new neighbors would wonder what crazy lady was moving in! Now I had a nice hot shower and DH still has no water. I think we'll be switching spots tonight or we'll both be back and figure out if the horses will join us too. New Years has definitely changed from years ago!!

Old 01-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #2786
twokats
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year to all the Groupies!!!

I hope each and everyone of you had a good New Years Day and look forward to an eventful 2013

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 01-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #2787
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Happy Birthday Eliza!
I just couldn't let the day go by without stopping in to wish you a very Happy Birthday!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #2788
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Nice to have you back with us Granny, Julie and Muush! Trips to the world always go by much too quickly.

Is everyone looking ahead to their December 2014 travel dates? I've at least printed out the calendar page, now if I can just decide on the dates. This year, I hope, we'll have a lake side room. I really need to hear those early morning boat horns.....

I see a few new Groupies have joined us. Welcome! Always a pleasure to welcome a new groupie to our little corner of the Dis.

We had a wonderful Christmas. Well, with the exception that I came home from our trip to the world sick. Finally beginning to feel like my old self again. DD and DSIL plus DS and DDIL were able to join us. This is the first time in 5 years that our whole family was able to be together on Christmas. Such a blessing!

DDad's father passed away a few days after Christmas so we're currently in the process of finalizing arrangements for his memorial service to be held later in the week. He was 90 and lived a full life. We'll miss him but know that he is in a far better place.

Wishing all my Groupie pals Peace, Health and Prosperity in 2013. Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #2789
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

AND>>>Happy birthday Dear Liza, Dear Liza, Dear Liza! Thinking of you!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #2790
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Is everyone looking ahead to their December 2014 travel dates? I've at least printed out the calendar page, now if I can just decide on the dates.

DDad's father passed away a few days after Christmas so we're currently in the process of finalizing arrangements for his memorial service to be held later in the week. He was 90 and lived a full life. We'll miss him but know that he is in a far better place.

Wishing all my Groupie pals Peace, Health and Prosperity in 2013. Happy New Year!
Trying to decide if Kati and I need to do a trip in 2014 also instead of just every other year. Something to think about.

Give DDad our love and sympathies. Yes that is a good long life, but it is still hard to let go.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: