DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #2761
Inkmahm
Disney nut

I guess it is time to figure out when we will be at VWL next December. I think we will be there for a week, most likely Dec 4-11. We do have a cruise booked for Dec but I plan to move it into 2013 or 2014 so it will be just the week at WDW for us.

As for me, the staples came out on Wed and I learned that there was a good reason that this surgery seemed worse than the first knee replacement. It WAS worse. The surgeon had to cut a membrane attached to the knee cap so that he could straighten my leg and not have the knee cap jump out of place once the new joint was in. I wish I had known that while I was in the hospital, it would have explained the pain.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #2762
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

I'm so torn as to which days to choose! I'm just venting now; it's just the two of us, so there's no reason for one week to be better than the other. I usually choose my dates by which days flights are the cheapest. HAHA
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #2763
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! Some of you know me from Kook's WL thread. This thread was recommended to me when I expressed some anxiety about my plans to stay in a 2BR villa instead of 2 rooms in the lodge. (this was due to a negative review posted there) I know there is always a chance of having a subpar hotel experience anywhere, but this one caused me to seek out more positive reviews- so here I am!
I had a trip planned for last summer which I had to postpone to this summer because of my back not healing in time. We are a party of 4: me, DH, DD (26) and her boyfriend. I know we don't "need" the space in a 2 BR, but I didn't want anyone to have to sleep on a sleeper couch for 8 nights and I really liked the idea of having 2 separate areas for privacy, as well as a kitchen and the washer/dryer. We also wanted to try something new.
Anyhow, I have a lot of reading to do to catch up! I love the WL-every nook and cranny, the smells, the music, the cavernous lobby, the beach, watching the geyser at sunrise and sunset...preaching to the choir, I know! Now, I just need to read about why people love the villas. TIA for all your helpful advice, information and for sharing your experiences and love for the villas.
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 12-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #2764
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Welcome to the groupies bluecastle!!!!
You have picked a very friendly place to hang out. We arent much for controversy here

The Villas very much encompass all that is great about WL, but a bit off the beaten path(albeit not that far removed from the main Lodge). You get all the amenities of WL along with a little more quite area, though I dont feel the Lodge is hustle and bustle like some resorts at WDW. You are closer to the buses, a little more walk to the boats, but not too bad.

Our only stay in a 2 bed was at VWL, and we loved it. In fact it was our 1st relaxing trip ever at WDW, and I think the roominess had a lot to do with it

Any questions, feel free to ask here as we love helping out
Old 12-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #2765
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
To be honest as long as I am at the Lodge, I'm not really too fussed about the view
A dumpster in Disney is always gong to be nicer to look at than a dumpster in London!!
I am just so excited to be nearly at the time when I can call and make the reservation
Sounds like a lot of groupies are gong to be there early December
My daughter said she would love to see a dumpster in London.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #2766
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Hi there blue castle! Welcome! We like to tell people to pull up a rocker and set awhile! Love for the villas is huge round these parts. They are serene, mystical, spiritual and peaceful. Not only that, but there are tales of Walt rocking in a chair by the fire! Near his train of course... Needless to say..there are many reasons to love the villas.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #2767
twokats
DIS Veteran

Welcome bluecastle!!!!

Glad to have you join us.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #2768
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
My daughter said she would love to see a dumpster in London.
Tell her to bring an umbrella
Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #2769
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for your very warm welcome!! I am such a WL groupie that I try to use this dark green font when I post because it reminds me of the trees around the lodge. I listen to Appalachian Spring when I just want to close my eyes and be there. My desktop picture is always of the lodge and I change it with the seasons. I can't believe that I have never walked over to the villas, even though I have wanted to see Walt's train exhibit. So the only solution I can see is to stay in the villas!
Time for catch-up reading now.
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Last edited by bluecastle; 01-01-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #2770
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Hi everyone! Some of you know me from Kook's WL thread. This thread was recommended to me when I expressed some anxiety about my plans to stay in a 2BR villa instead of 2 rooms in the lodge. (this was due to a negative review posted there) I know there is always a chance of having a subpar hotel experience anywhere, but this one caused me to seek out more positive reviews- so here I am!
I had a trip planned for last summer which I had to postpone to this summer because of my back not healing in time. We are a party of 4: me, DH, DD (26) and her boyfriend. I know we don't "need" the space in a 2 BR, but I didn't want anyone to have to sleep on a sleeper couch for 8 nights and I really liked the idea of having 2 separate areas for privacy, as well as a kitchen and the washer/dryer. We also wanted to try something new.
Anyhow, I have a lot of reading to do to catch up! I love the WL-every nook and cranny, the smells, the music, the cavernous lobby, the beach, watching the geyser at sunrise and sunset...preaching to the choir, I know! Now, I just need to read about why people love the villas. TIA for all your helpful advice, information and for sharing your experiences and love for the villas.
You are correct in that anyone can have a bad experience, but the odds of such happening to you at VWL are low. As for the 2BR villas, they would seem to be perfect for your needs since you'd have the second bedroom and bath for your DD and her boyfriend, plus all the conveniences you mentioned. The Villas are intimate and quiet; we especially like the Hidden Springs pool and hot tub which don't usually get too crowded, the walking/running/biking trails from there to Fort Wilderness, and the ability to scoot over to the main Lodge for drinks, food, gifts, and transportation. We are a bit biased, but it's hard to envision another resort appealing to us the way VWL does. As others have said, welcome to the friendliest place on the DIS, and feel free to ask questions or join in anytime.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #2771
twokats
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday, Eliza!

I hope tomorrow is an absolutely amazing day for you!

Along with wishing Eliza a happy birthday for tomorrow, I also wish her and each of the groupies a

Happy New Year!!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #2772
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle View Post
Thanks everyone for your very warm welcome!! I am such a WL groupie that I try to use this dark green font when I post because it reminds me of the trees around the lodge. I listen to Appachian Spring when I just want to close my eyes and be there. My desktop picture is always of the lodge and I change it with the seasons. I can't believe that I have never walked over to the villas, even though I have wanted to see Walt's train exhibit. So the only solution I can see is to stay in the villas!
Time for catch-up reading now.
Welcome aboard! You sound like you were born to belong here.

Visit often, spread the love.

So, after 3 weeks I'm home. What did I miss???

Happy Birthday to Eliza!

Tomorrow is the big day. What shall we do and where are we going to celebrate????

Did I read that you are going to VWL next Dec? When????

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:23 PM   #2773
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post

Happy Birthday, Eliza!

I hope tomorrow is an absolutely amazing day for you!

Along with wishing Eliza a happy birthday for tomorrow, I also wish her and each of the groupies a

Happy New Year!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Welcome aboard! You sound like you were born to belong here.

Visit often, spread the love.

So, after 3 weeks I'm home. What did I miss???

Happy Birthday to Eliza!

Tomorrow is the big day. What shall we do and where are we going to celebrate????

Did I read that you are going to VWL next Dec? When????

Thanks guys,
Muush, for 25 years the old guy and I swore up and down we were going to ring in the New year at a big party some where. We did it a grand total of 1 times and that was for my 50th b-day when we actually made it to Vegas. LOL. Philly has fireworks for free along the riverfront but boy am I getting old, standing outside in 25 degree weather with thousands of my closets friends? Not looking good.

Sid and Rizzo picked up tickets to see Les Miserable, the play not the movie. It's in Philly so I'll be watching folks singing their guts out while dramatically dying during the french revolution. Gotta love musicals.

Yep, I am bound and determine to get to the world once in December. My excuse is I want to see the Christmas decoration but I'm secretly plotting to attend a groupie meet. I'm going to snag the BCV's though. WL is not my home resort and I'm scared to wait until 7 months out to book so I'm going to go for my 11 month window at BC not sure of the week yet. I'll keep you posted.

Everyone have a safe, blessed and fun New Years Eve. Emphasis on the safe part, alcohol has been known to do very strange things to normally rational human beings.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #2774
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Happy Birthday Eliza!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #2775
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Hope everyone has a safe, prosperous, happy, healthy and most of all, blessed New Year!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: