DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #2746
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

I am told the Sea World Christmas show is wonderful...so try to work that in (weekends only), if you go there!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #2747
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

And this is why I love the groupies! So much advice!! Thank you so much.

Next Dec will be our 5th trip, so we are at the point of not requiring to do everything. 15 min waits are nice if they happen, but if its long, most likely we won't wait. I mostly want to see that gorgeous lit up castle. Lol. And all the other Christmas ambiance.
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #2748
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny
I am told the Sea World Christmas show is wonderful...so try to work that in (weekends only), if you go there!
Weekends only?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #2749
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
We're pretty close to the elevator in a lock-off 2BR and the studio portion (4533) has no balcony. No big deal as we have two other balconies but if you like balconies, that studio doesn't have one (nor do any of the ones above and below it so all the XX33 studios are that way).
Oh no - 4533! Since I started reading about DVC it's been the only studio reported at VWL to not have a balcony - something about a mistake in the design. Today after your report I took a look at the maps and 4533 doesn't have studios above or below it other than the ground floor but it must have a patio. The next 2 floors have dedicated 2BR's instead of the lock off. And it looks like it isn't a villa above - or else that space makes up part of a 1BR. So I'd guess the 2BR's below don't have balconies located off one of the bedrooms.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #2750
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Next Christmas Is it too early to ask?????

Hi Groupies

11month booking window will be here next week!

I've been trying to decide on dates.
I agree with Jimmy the first 2 weeks of Dec is our favorite
but we will only be able to stay one week but will stretch it over both weekends........
so because I don't want to miss another groupie meet
and I'm looking forward to that hayride (thanks Muush)
Do any of you know what dates you all are looking at?
I was so glad to see that conversation has already started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Kati and I thought we might change it up for 2013 and go on Dec 3 or 4 thru the 14th. I know Kati will want to go on the 3rd, so we will see!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Thanks to you all for your reassurances. I'm glad to hear walking isn't necessary. I don't think I have the energy for all that!

Right now, I'm considering 12/6 to 12/12, or maybe even earlier, like 12/2 to 12/8. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Kathymford
We always prefer early Dec., 1st 2 weeks are great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Hey Kathy,
I plan on going some time early december (finally make a groupie meet ) my home resort is not vwl so I'm going to go with my home resort to make sure I'm there. LOL. I haven't had to try and "walk" reservations probably because my kids until recently were school age and we were locked into going late august or Jersey week.
eliza oh it would be so great to have you at a meet I can't wait!!!!

Kat..... just love your bunny so did you keep him ?

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 12-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #2751
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Oh no - 4533! Since I started reading about DVC it's been the only studio reported at VWL to not have a balcony - something about a mistake in the design. Today after your report I took a look at the maps and 4533 doesn't have studios above or below it other than the ground floor but it must have a patio. The next 2 floors have dedicated 2BR's instead of the lock off. And it looks like it isn't a villa above - or else that space makes up part of a 1BR. So I'd guess the 2BR's below don't have balconies located off one of the bedrooms.
Kathy,

That makes total sense. I don't know why I assumed that the rooms above and below 4533 are also studios. If part of a dedicated 2BR then it's not that big of a deal, but if I was only getting a studio I'd prefer a balcony. So for us with a 2BR lock-off it was no big deal. Besides, most of the week it has been far too cold to spend much time out there!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 12-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #2752
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny

We're pretty close to the elevator in a lock-off 2BR and the studio portion (4533) has no balcony. No big deal as we have two other balconies but if you like balconies, that studio doesn't have one (nor do any of the ones above and below it so all the XX33 studios are that way).

We haven't spent much time on the balcony as it has been a chilly trip most days. So not a big deal but at other times of the year we would like to have a balcony for the occasional relaxing place to sit.

At the end of the day, we really don't worry much about requests. We even joked that we could get the Dreaded Dumpster View this trip and we couldn't care less if we did. During our 30 years of ownership, I'm sure we'll get some less than fantastic views (already have at other resorts) but unless the room is actually not livable, we won't be requesting any room changes.

Linda67...good luck with your reservation!
To be honest as long as I am at the Lodge, I'm not really too fussed about the view
A dumpster in Disney is always gong to be nicer to look at than a dumpster in London!!
I am just so excited to be nearly at the time when I can call and make the reservation
Sounds like a lot of groupies are gong to be there early December
Old 12-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #2753
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Happy Birthday WDWRREngineer!!!!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #2754
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Greetings groupies! We're back from 10 glorious days in the World. We were having so much fun on the day after Christmas we added an extra night to our stay. We did have to move to OKW though. I know I promised to upload pics as I went along. I always have the best intentions but just never seem to have the time. We weren't able to meet up with Granny either. We had a wonderful stay, but unfortunately not without issues at VWL. I'll give a brief synopsis with lots more pics later. I wanted to share one special picture today. It only took us 4 years of trying but at last we were able to be Flag Family! We did it on Christmas Eve morning. What a wonderful experience that was. Ranger Jack is very nice. He said to say hello to all the groupies!

Here we are on top of the world!

More to come later. I promise!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #2755
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Oh no I hope it wasn't room maintenance issues!

Old 12-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #2756
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Kat..... just love your bunny so did you keep him ?
He was pretty cute but I told him he needed to go back to the rest of his bunny friends. Pretty smart guy to find a nice dry place to hang out though! However our Corgi who will spend hours hunting critters would have gone crazy if we brought him in. I shall skip telling the story of the one time DH tried it with a baby bunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Kathy,

That makes total sense. I don't know why I assumed that the rooms above and below 4533 are also studios. If part of a dedicated 2BR then it's not that big of a deal, but if I was only getting a studio I'd prefer a balcony. So for us with a 2BR lock-off it was no big deal. Besides, most of the week it has been far too cold to spend much time out there!
I think most resorts have the same types of rooms above and below so it would make sense. But we know that VWL is unique! Cold weather would make that studio more tolerable but I know I'd be pretty disappointed otherwise. Hopefully they try and make it part of a lock off as much as possible. As you say it's not that big of deal then.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #2757
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Oh no I hope it wasn't room maintenance issues!
Well we did have some minor maintenance issues (toilet wasn't flushing properly & needed to be fixed, shower wasn't draining). It was more reservation issues. I promise I won't leave you hanging too long!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #2758
twokats
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday WDWRR_ENGINEER!
Hope it was the best.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 12-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #2759
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Whew! Just in the nick of time!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #2760
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post

Whew! Just in the nick of time!
Me,too. Just in the nick of time! Happy Birthday, WDWRR Engineer!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: