DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #2701
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Santa Dad is out delivering some gifts to friends and relatives and the house is relatively quiet so I wanted to take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas!

This thread is always the respite of my day..... to come and support and share in each others lives. The Groupie meets have been an added bonus of meeting and making new friends and putting names with online ID's. I think of us as one big happy family with the Lodge and our love of all things Disney as our bond.

Merry Christmas my friends!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #2702
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

I too would like to take this time to wish you all a very very magical Christmas!!
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #2703
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas, groupies!

Old 12-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #2704
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Merry Christmas Groupies!! It is snowing right now in Maryland!! We will definitely have a white Christmas after all!!

Old 12-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #2705
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

After making cookies, I'm going to settle in and really read this thread as previously promised.

But in the meantime, I wanted the enthusiasts here to know that last night we swapped our dates for the studio from the very very beginning of the trip in February, where we would get a day and a couple hours to hang out in the resort (two nights, but one night would be halfway over by the time we check in), to the END of our trip, where the two nights will actually yield the possibility of 2.5 days of hanging out and exploring. Plus it will be the end, when we are tired and WANT to laze around.

I'm so excited! DH is really surprised at me, because I was all "yeah yeah, looks like the lodge at Mr Rainier" when I first saw the place two years ago, but I finally realized that I've never stayed at that lodge, so I might as well do so without having to drive through the snow! Plus, I don't ski or snowshoe or anything, LOL. So what would be the point of staying up there? And animatronic crickets are WAY better than real ones.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 12-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #2706
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Merry Christmas fellow groupies!!!

May your day be filed with peace and love.

And for those so motivated, remember to pause and wish Jesus a Happy Birthday!

For unto us a child is born, unto us Son is given. And His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Almighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

I am still a relative new comer to the Groupies and I just wanted to pause and say I thank God for each and every one of you.

Old 12-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #2707
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Hey folks
For those of you who met William and Liz(Liz is one of our newest groupies, AKA sechem32), since being back from WDW, we havent talked but have sent emails, so tonight I called to wish a Merry Christmas, and Liz told me Williams mom is in the hospital as of today. She has pneumonia.

So if you folks will, please send up prayers on her behalf and for William and Liz as well as they are her primary caregivers.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #2708
sechem32
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy
Hey folks
For those of you who met William and Liz(Liz is one of our newest groupies, AKA sechem32), since being back from WDW, we havent talked but have sent emails, so tonight I called to wish a Merry Christmas, and Liz told me Williams mom is in the hospital as of today. She has pneumonia.

So if you folks will, please send up prayers on her behalf and for William and Liz as well as they are her primary caregivers.
Thanks Jimmy! Any and all prayers are greatly appreciated.

But I definitely want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas - our Christmas may not be exactly what we had hoped, but at least we can share it with family (even if we're at the hospital), and Christmas is all about family and celebrating the birth of our savior!

Old 12-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #2709
twokats
DIS Veteran

I agree with so many of the sentiments of the Groupies from the previous posts. I have made so many friends here on this thread and it is also one of my daily highlights checking in to see how everybody is doing.

Prayers to those in need, travel mercies to those on the road and moose dust to us all for everything in general.

And last but not least. . . . .

Happy Birthday Jesus, Merry Christmas to everyone and a very Happy New Year!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 12-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #2710
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Merry Christmas!!!!

Old 12-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #2711
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Merry Christmas to all from the Granny family (and this other guy we ran into)!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 12-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #2712
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

To all Groupies who may not be celebrating this holiday, may I wish you a very Merry Tuesday! ... one week to go in 2012! May it be a great one!

To the rest of us who participate in this holiday...
Merry Christmas!
And to all, a wonderful quote from a beautiful lady (can also add DVC lover) who's passed on from my DIL's life, this sums it all up:
I wish for good health, happiness and awareness to what is really important to us. The best gifts we can receive are those that give us memories forever!
- Sue, 2001

Last edited by twinklebug; 12-25-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #2713
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Granny what a great photo! Hope everyone celebrating is have a magical merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #2714
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas Groupies !!!

Old 12-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #2715
Inkmahm
Disney nut

I am in my hospital bed in my living room but I am HOME. Thank you for the well wishes for my surgery last Monday and for the good wishes for our wedding anniversary on Sunday.

My surgery for the right knee seemed to be worse than the one for the left knee but now that they are both done, I can concentrate on healing. Tomorrow I see the doctor to have the 29 staples removed and Thursday I go back to physical therapy for more torture work.

We had my family here last night to open gifts so that I wouldn't miss out on all of Christmas. Our normal picture of all of us in front of my mom's tree is a bit modified this year- it's all the family around me in my hospital bed. This is the first Christmas in my life that I can remember where I didn't hand out all the gifts to be opened. I think I have effectively passed that honor to the nieces at this point. In any case, I enjoyed having my family all around me for gift opening. They've been very supportive and I'm looking forward to more time with them in the next few weeks while the kids are home from school.

I hope to be around here more often, too.

So, what did everyone get for Christmas?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: