DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #2671
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Aww!! Thanks everyone. I knew I came to the right place!!

The plumbers should be finishing today by noon. I have no idea when they will patch the holes. I'm hoping today also, but somehow I doubt it!!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #2672
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Hey any groupies live near High Point NC? If so can you tell me what it is like there? My DH got laid off on Friday and he may send a resume to a company there.

Last edited by Disney loving Iowan; 12-18-2012 at 03:10 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #2673
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford
So, last Wednesday I noticed this really wet spot on the carpet in front of the bathroom. We blamed the dogs. 3 towels and an overnight fan later, and it is still soaked. Uh oh. We live in a condo built in the 80s, so guess what. Galvinized plumbing underneath the slab foundation.

Good news? HOA needs to fix this problem. Bad news? All of the closets need to be emptied and furniture moved out of the way. The HOA is installing all new copper plumbing in the walls.

I know I should be appreciative that the HOA is covering all of this maintenance, but right now, I'm staring at an un-decorated Christmas tree and it's depressing me. I'm also looking at some of my few decorations that I got to put out and thinking I should just box them up too. I mean, what's the point? Is Christmas seriously only a week away?

Not to mention that our life is in little piles everywhere. What would happen if you had to empty all of your closets? Would you have somewhere to put that stuff? I'll tell you, I don't. It's just in piles. Everywhere. We have to go outside and turn the water back on every time we want to go to the bathroom!

OK. I know I'm whining. I'm done. Sorry. Pity-fest much? I'm pathetic.
I am so sorry. These things can be so disruptive - and at Christmas no less. So, since it is Christmas, I think it is valid to ask what Jesus, since it is His birthday, would want you to do. Methinks He would say, decorate the tree. Give thanks for the opportunity to turn the water on and off again and then on again. And He would want you to dance around the piles. Put some Christmas Carols on and bask in the ambience of the moment. Good luck and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #2674
twinmom108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
One week from today! I hope I get it too!
Waiting to hear what room # you get.

Enjoy your vacation!!

Peter Pan's #1 Fan
Old 12-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #2675
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Hey any groupies live near High Point NC? If so can you tell me what it is like there? My DH got laid off on Friday and he may send a resume to a company there.
We live about 30 mins from there. It is a small community, a lot like my hometown of Burlington. HP is def. growing though, as the furniture industry is its biggest income maker. People are friendly there. Its close to Greensboro which has a lot of shopping and restaurant choices. Winston Salem is close, Charlotte roughly 1 hr south, Raleigh 1 hr 30 mins east., which sometime the flyers are in town to play the Hurricanes in Raleigh. Our newest groupie, sechem32 works in HP so she would be a good source of info.

Personally, Muushka and jimmytammy would love to have yall close by
Old 12-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #2676
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
We live about 30 mins from there. It is a small community, a lot like my hometown of Burlington. HP is def. growing though, as the furniture industry is its biggest income maker. People are friendly there. Its close to Greensboro which has a lot of shopping and restaurant choices. Winston Salem is close, Charlotte roughly 1 hr south, Raleigh 1 hr 30 mins east., which sometime the flyers are in town to play the Hurricanes in Raleigh. Our newest groupie, sechem32 works in HP so she would be a good source of info.

Personally, Muushka and jimmytammy would love to have yall close by
Love how you made the Flyers reference! That actually is a big plus. We want to live close to where we can go to games. Thanks for all the info. I heard that it is really nice there. DH's current (or soon to be ex) boss has a good friend that lives there and works at the company DH will be sending the resume to. He has said some really good things about the area. The best thing would be not to have to make the move but we will do what we have to and if we end up in a warmer climate and somewhere nice that will be okay. At least it would be half way between Pa and Disney! And maybe if we end up there we can all have our own little meet sometime! Thanks JT!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #2677
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Love how you made the Flyers reference! That actually is a big plus. We want to live close to where we can go to games. Thanks for all the info. I heard that it is really nice there. DH's current (or soon to be ex) boss has a good friend that lives there and works at the company DH will be sending the resume to. He has said some really good things about the area. The best thing would be not to have to make the move but we will do what we have to and if we end up in a warmer climate and somewhere nice that will be okay. At least it would be half way between Pa and Disney! And maybe if we end up there we can all have our own little meet sometime! Thanks JT!!!!
Another plus about HP, roughly 2.5 hrs from Mountains, which we have some halfway decent skiing if you like, and 3.5 hrs from the closest beach. And about 9.5-10 hrs. to WDW. I vote for a move to NC
Old 12-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #2678
StanH
Are my ears growing yet?

Taveling to Florida tomorrow, checking into the Villas on Saturday!

Old 12-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #2679
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan
I've been a number of times DIL but mainly to furniture shop. Lol. My brother lives in the region though, Raleigh NC. He loves it!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #2680
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanH

Have a magical tme!

Old 12-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #2681
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanH View Post

Have a wonderful and safe trip!!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:22 PM   #2682
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
I've been a number of times DIL but mainly to furniture shop. Lol. My brother lives in the region though, Raleigh NC. He loves it!
I have been hearing nothing but good stuff so far! Thanks.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #2683
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Greetings groupies! All is well in WDW. We didn't get "the" room but did get a corner room. Even numbered & noisy on the balcony. Oh well you can't have everything. I should be able to get some pics up tomorrow. This will have to do for now.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #2684
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Greetings groupies! All is well in WDW. We didn't get "the" room but did get a corner room. Even numbered & noisy on the balcony. Oh well you can't have everything. I should be able to get some pics up tomorrow. This will have to do for now.

That DOES do very nicely. Thank you! Enjoy!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #2685
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What is "the room"?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: