DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #2656
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Jimmy...glad that you made it home safe and sound. Hope you're feeling much better.

Bronte...thanks for stopping by on the thread. You have one smart daughter there with great taste in WDW resorts!

And for all the Groupies, I hope you are all on Santa's "nice" list...he's got little spies everywhere you know!

He knows when you've been bad or good.....

....so be good for goodness sake!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 12-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #2657
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechem32 View Post
Hi teapot! Sorry I didn't intruduce myself fully before - I'm Liz from the pictures (DF to jimmytammy/tammyNC). My husband (William, the other DF in the pics) and I wish we could have come to the hay ride - but we had to leave the magical Disney bubble last Monday But we met such wonderful people, and can't wait for future opportunities to join some of your meets!
A Big Groupie Welcome Liz and William
Hope to meet up with you next year in that "Magical Disney Bubble "

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post

And for all the Groupies, I hope you are all on Santa's "nice" list...he's got little spies everywhere you know!

He knows when you've been bad or good.....

....so be good for goodness sake!
Love it Granny Thanks

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #2658
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Well, we WERE able to get in for lunch at "Be our Guest" on the 11th. The food there is GREAT! I had the ham and cheese sandwhich with fries and Dynaguy had the roast (marinated in coffee according to the server.) They really have this set up well to handle a huge number of customers efficiently. I was surprised how well this worked for a counter service location. We will definitely look forward to our dinner reservation there in March. The restaurant is beautiful.

We got stuck with the monorail being down, too. Had to take a bus to the Contemporary for our California Grill last dinner of our trip. It was great, as always.

When leaving to go to the airport on the 12th, we detoured to Sanaa for lunch since we had plenty of time. It cost an extra hour of car rental but it was worth it! Nothing like squeezing in one last meal at our home resort before heading home.

Now I've been frantically getting ready for my knee surgery tomorrow morning. I gave up on the idea of getting Christmas cards out before Christmas so everyone will have to be patient and hear from my after my surgery. I will try to remember to check in here when I am lucid again, too. Since I've been down this road once before, I know what is ahead of me this time. That is good because I am less afraid this time but bad because I KNOW what is ahead for the next few months. Dynaguy is a great husband though and he is ready to go through it all again with me.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Just in case I don't get back here in time.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #2659
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Inkmahm

It was great meeting you folks! Praying all goes well with your surgery.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #2660
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Sounds like it was another great groupie meet!

Ink...good luck tomorrow!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #2661
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Great to see the pictures from the Groupie meet! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

We returned from our lovely Aulani stay and lovely 70-80 degree Hawaii weather to snow. As the years go by I've decided I like the song White Christmas far more than actually experiencing it. When I get some pictures uploaded I'll share a bit of what we saw but will say that Aulani is a beautiful resort and we'll be back again!!

Inkmahm - good luck with the surgery!!

Old 12-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #2662
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

OK Groupies, we're home now, too. What a great trip! Wonderful to meet up with so many of our cyber friends (and new friends, too: Liz and William) and become better acquainted. Jimmy's done a fabulous job of keeping the thread up to date with the happenings of those in the World with his pictorial diary. Thanks Jimmy!

DDad and I started every day the same: up at 6:15 and out by 7:00 to walk over to Fort Wilderness and back again. We saw deer every day - as few as 8 and as many as 22. We even saw a bob cat - yes, a bob cat! Before returning to our room we'd make a stop at Roaring Fork for oatmeal and grits and take them back with us for breakfast on our balcony. This is the first trip that we have actively kept an accounting of how far we walked. We averaged just under 10 miles per day with our lowest day at 6.25 miles (the day we left) and our highest at over 13 miles! We have these really neat folding walking sticks.....

Highlights certainly were the Groupie meets, the TOWL, candlelight processional, lunch at Be Our Guest and our early morning walks. DDad and I were both successful in reaching Galactic Hero status on Buzz Lightyear: 999999 What a pleasant surprise!

As always, the time goes by far too quickly while on vacation. I have my countdown set: only 61 days until Aulani.

Wishing you a smooth surgery tomorrow Inkmahm! Will hope that all goes well.

WELCOME sechem32! A pleasure to have met you and William. So happy to have you as part of the Dis and more importantly as a part of the Groupies!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #2663
twokats
DIS Veteran

Inkmahm - We will be thinking about you so good luck with the surgery!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #2664
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Good luck Inky - I will be thinking of you tomorrow!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #2665
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Di and Dad
Glad yall got home safe and sound. It was great meeting up with yall again. I told T it feels like meeting up with life long friends now, not just a groupie meet

I reached Buzz status of 999999 this trip too. I had been trying for so long

Granny
Thanks for the well wishes. I am def. feeling better than before.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #2666
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Welcome back JT, DiznyDi & DiznyDad! All good things do eventually come to an end but the good news is there will always be another trip to the Lodge just over the horizon!

My trip is almost here! Only 2 more sleeps! Suitcases are 90% packed. Tomorrow I need to wrap up some work stuff in the morning, pack the duffel bag with the food we're bringing, then take the fur babies to the pet hotel. That's the only sad part. Neither has ever been boarded before. I hope they do ok. After that it's try to get some sleep then we're off! I'm still bummed I missed the big groupie meet, but I'm hoping to do a mini meet with Granny! I haven't met Granny before so I hope it works out. I will do my best to post pics. I know JT did a great job posting pictures during his trip but you can never have too many right?! Next time I post I'll be at my happy place (hopefully in "the" room)! Bye for now!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #2667
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

WARNING: This is a whine-fest

So, last Wednesday I noticed this really wet spot on the carpet in front of the bathroom. We blamed the dogs. 3 towels and an overnight fan later, and it is still soaked. Uh oh. We live in a condo built in the 80s, so guess what. Galvinized plumbing underneath the slab foundation.

Good news? HOA needs to fix this problem. Bad news? All of the closets need to be emptied and furniture moved out of the way. The HOA is installing all new copper plumbing in the walls.

I know I should be appreciative that the HOA is covering all of this maintenance, but right now, I'm staring at an un-decorated Christmas tree and it's depressing me. I'm also looking at some of my few decorations that I got to put out and thinking I should just box them up too. I mean, what's the point? Is Christmas seriously only a week away?

Not to mention that our life is in little piles everywhere. What would happen if you had to empty all of your closets? Would you have somewhere to put that stuff? I'll tell you, I don't. It's just in piles. Everywhere. We have to go outside and turn the water back on every time we want to go to the bathroom!

OK. I know I'm whining. I'm done. Sorry. Pity-fest much? I'm pathetic.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #2668
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
So, last Wednesday I noticed this really wet spot on the carpet in front of the bathroom. We blamed the dogs. 3 towels and an overnight fan later, and it is still soaked. Uh oh. We live in a condo built in the 80s, so guess what. Galvinized plumbing underneath the slab foundation.

Good news? HOA needs to fix this problem. Bad news? All of the closets need to be emptied and furniture moved out of the way. The HOA is installing all new copper plumbing in the walls.

I know I should be appreciative that the HOA is covering all of this maintenance, but right now, I'm staring at an un-decorated Christmas tree and it's depressing me. I'm also looking at some of my few decorations that I got to put out and thinking I should just box them up too. I mean, what's the point? Is Christmas seriously only a week away?

Not to mention that our life is in little piles everywhere. What would happen if you had to empty all of your closets? Would you have somewhere to put that stuff? I'll tell you, I don't. It's just in piles. Everywhere. We have to go outside and turn the water back on every time we want to go to the bathroom!

I ran out of closet room a long time ago. That is why I had a storage building built so that I could get some control back in my house. I just need the time to get something done!

So have a great pity party, if you need company, I might join you!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 12-18-2012, 06:02 AM   #2669
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post

We may be in a similar situation soon. We're gutting our master bath for a major overhaul. Move the bed, re-locate the piles, make way for the contractor...and so goes the list.

We nearly always travel to the World in December, so my Christmas decorating has taken a major set-back. I have a small 4 ft. tree that I keep decorated and throw a plastic bag over for storage. It will be coming out today.

We live in the country and have a well for our water. At one point in time, lightening struck our well and hence immediately shut down our water. I remember going out to my kids little swimming pool for buckets of water just so we could flush the toilets. I feel your pain. Be like Dory - just keep swimming!

Thinking of you Julie as you do your last-minute packing and planning. I hope you and Granny are able to meet up! We are returning to the World Oct. 7-12 and hope to see you then.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #2670
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

horselover
Just return the favor and allow us to live through you at the World. Have a great trip!!

Kathy
I feel your pain. We had a major issue with our hot water heater, water literally 4" deep in our basement, had to move all the stuff into our upstairs living space, it was a real mess and a major displacement.
I say go to your happy place, be at peace in the Lodge(in your mind anyway). Play some Lodge music, spray some pine scent around the house and deep breathe it all away

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: