DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #2596
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWINKLEBUG !!!

Old 12-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #2597
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

I'm leeeeeavvvving on a jet plane... don't know when I'll be back again that songs been stuck in my head all morning....lol

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #2598
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
We're staying at VWL February 10-15. We won't be getting WDW park admission this trip. We're probably going to spend a day at Sea World, and visit Bok Tower Gardens one day, and probably visit family on the coast one day. We have one more day to fill. We're wondering if there any things for an old, overweight, out of shape couple to do at the resort that we don't know about. On previous trips we've rented water sprites, taken the lodge tour, and walked to Ft. Wilderness.
A Big Groupie Welcome vacationer 1954

We're looking forward to a visit to Bok Tower Gardens in Feb as well
I have been looking at their web site and they seem to have some
wonderful Christmas programs
I haven't been yet but our DD recommends it highly

http://boktowergardens.org/

Bok Tower is a tower of bells.... beautiful!
here's the web page .... the bells are a special type where the bell itself doesn't move just the clappers and they have to be played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Kathy
Dont mean to worry you. I think for us its not so much about the beds, though the ones at DVC are more comfortable, its more the state of mind. I just feel more relaxed at a DVC resort, its just feels like home. But you are going to be in WDW, and you are probably like the rest of us, you would stay in a tent if it meant you were in WDW
Amen

Hey Jimmy You and those ZITI sisters... lookk good in Red

thanks for all the pics!

Happy Belated Birthday TWINKLEBUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
[
Hey Maria did you make the cupcake?

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #2599
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

teapot.....oh how I wish I had the time to make cute cupcakes like that !!!! Once this semester is over I will be experimenting with some of my MANY Pinterest recipes though !!!

Keliblue....I always get that song in my head when I fly too !!!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #2600
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Sorry folks for not checking in sooner today. Ts friend Tearsa came over today so they could finish up a blanket they have been crocheting for my mom of Scarlett O Hara. So Casey and me went to DQ for awhile, and got sensory overloaded. He was ready to go sooner than I expected, no fuss from me

We are heading over to meet friends from back home at Ragland Rd. at 8. Looking forward to catching with everyone tomorrow at 8 at BLT.

BTW, if yall know about Ye Haa Bob, he has us posted on his weekly pics, 1st pic top left, our friends are just to our right in the next pic.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #2601
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Have an early a.m flight..long haul from California. See you all Saturday night

Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #2602
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Jimmy....I've really enjoyed all the pictures you have been sharing. What a great Groupie you are to bring us all a little bit of that WDW magic. And the pictures are so well taken...nice!!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Twinklebug!!!

Two weeks from tomorrow I'll be humming that song Kelliblue. Looking forward to it doesn't come close to describing my feelings.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #2603
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Happy Birthday twinklebug!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Happy Birthday Twinklebug!
Hope it's extra-special for you in every way!

JT - we'll be joining you..... tomorrow So enjoying your photos - makes packing that much more pleasant knowing whats ahead. Many thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWINKLEBUG!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
I also wish you the happiest of days, twinklebug!
Hope it is the best.

Have any of you seen the rumor that Cars Land is coming to WDW.
Supposedly Disney is going to make the announcement possibly this week.
It will go in DHS in the place of Lights, Motors, Action and the Backlot Tour area if more space is needed.
Guess we will see. They will have a lot going on if they do that and the Avatars over in Animal Kingdom.

Also, welcome to vacationer1954. I agree with Muushka, if 1954 is year born a very great year!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Ohhh, we could form a 1954 club!!!

Happy Birthday twinklebug!! I hope you have a great birthday. So, where shall we meet for lunch?
I may be just a few hours late.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Happy Birthday Twinklebug!!!!!

JT- love all the pictures and the reports. Wish I were there!

To all those there and going soon - Godspeed!!!! Have a very MAGICAL time!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWINKLEBUG !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
A Big Groupie Welcome vacationer 1954

We're looking forward to a visit to Bok Tower Gardens in Feb as well
I have been looking at their web site and they seem to have some
wonderful Christmas programs
I haven't been yet but our DD recommends it highly

http://boktowergardens.org/

Bok Tower is a tower of bells.... beautiful!
here's the web page .... the bells are a special type where the bell itself doesn't move just the clappers and they have to be played.

Amen

Hey Jimmy You and those ZITI sisters... lookk good in Red

thanks for all the pics!

Happy Belated Birthday TWINKLEBUG

Hey Maria did you make the cupcake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Jimmy....I've really enjoyed all the pictures you have been sharing. What a great Groupie you are to bring us all a little bit of that WDW magic. And the pictures are so well taken...nice!!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Twinklebug!!!

Two weeks from tomorrow I'll be humming that song Kelliblue. Looking forward to it doesn't come close to describing my feelings.
Wow - Groupies are the best! Thank you all for your wonderful (and sweet) wishes.

Last edited by twinklebug; 12-07-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #2604
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Its getting dangerous out here!!!

T and I are doing our usual, hanging out on the balcony, drinking our cup o Joe, and ducking golf balls

One just hit the top of trees, and pounded the roof behind us. Its dangerous out here But I will take my chances.

Ate at Raglan Rd. last night and was really good. I had Fish and Chips, T had a sirloin steak that melts in your mouth, DS had Bangers and Mash, MMMMM, Friends had Cod, it was good, rissotto with shrimp and lamb and they said theirs was good. We were right beside the stage. William and were facing the mirror so from our vantage point, we could see the middle stage. He commented why is it we can only see the guys in skirts dancing, not the girls Something was wrong with that picture!!

Headed to Epcot today, eating at San Angel(if yall havent noticed, a lot of things revolve around where my next meal is or has been)with friends.

Speaking of golf balls, one just hit the water. Im thinking of charging .50 for everyone I spot for these guys. Get enough, it may fund my next meal.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #2605
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:

Speaking of golf balls, one just hit the water. Im thinking of charging .50 for everyone I spot for these guys. Get enough, it may fund my next meal.
Charge a buck and maybe you can fund that OKW add-on!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 12-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #2606
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Charge a buck and maybe you can fund that OKW add-on!
Thats a good idea
Old 12-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #2607
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

We had a great meet last night!! All in attendance were DiznyDad and DiznyDi, WildernessDad and his family, Muushka and her DH, Keliblue and her DH, Inkmahm and Dynaguy and us(Jimmytammy, TammyNC, DS and friends from back home)

Barb(Muushka)was hard at work picking up recruits for the groupies, she may have convinced Liz(our DF from back home) to join up, as well as some folks she met from the Top of the World who let us borrow chairs. Way to go Muushka!!! Always hard at work, looking out for the group

We saw the fireworks from the balcony which was amazing, DS has pics, and a nice CM took a shot or 2 of all of us which I hope to get up soon.

We all dispersed, and then had a mini meet on the boat over to WL!!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #2608
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
We had a great meet last night!! All in attendance were DiznyDad and DiznyDi, WildernessDad and his family, Muushka and her DH, Keliblue and her DH, Inkmahm and Dynaguy and us(Jimmytammy, TammyNC, DS and friends from back home)

Barb(Muushka)was hard at work picking up recruits for the groupies, she may have convinced Liz(our DF from back home) to join up, as well as some folks she met from the Top of the World who let us borrow chairs. Way to go Muushka!!! Always hard at work, looking out for the group

We saw the fireworks from the balcony which was amazing, DS has pics, and a nice CM took a shot or 2 of all of us which I hope to get up soon.

We all dispersed, and then had a mini meet on the boat over to WL!!
Very nice! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #2609
Inkmahm
Disney nut

It was great seeing everyone Sat night at the TOTW! We were dead tired from getting up before dawn to get off the Fantasy to drive back over to WDW and spend the day at Epcot, but I really didn't want to miss seeing everyone. A special thank you to DisneyDi for the beautiful purse with my name on it AND a moose! It is one of my favorite items from this trip and I buy a LOT of stuff.

We spent yesterday taking it easy. We're in 1512 so have a view of the Mickey waving at people arriving at our villas. Great room on the first floor, lots less walking for me than normal. Went to see all the christmas decorations on the monorail hotels yesterday and then to Oceanaires for dinner. Today we slept in and will be heading to AK for our ADr at Yak n yeti for lunch. Then Cape May for dinner and off to Epcot for my favorite fireworks of the year, Illuminations with the added holiday ending.

Tomorrow is HS for the day and then California Grill for dinner before it shuts down next year for Major Overhaul work. Back home on Wed and knee surgery next Monday to replace the right knee. It was great seeing everyone Sat night and I hope to be back around th DIS boards more often so that I can catch up with what everyone is doing these days. Have a great rest of your trip to the other groupies here at WDW! Maybe we'll run into you around our home before we head back to our winter home.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #2610
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

It was great meeting you as well Inkmahm/Dynaguy! That was lots of fun!

I promise I will get pics up Tues. AM. They are really slow loading, so we are at 50% right now.

Yesterday, Tearsa(Ts friend from Orlando)went with us to meet Will and Liz(friends from back home) at AK. We ate at Yak and Yeti(1st time)and it was really good. I ordered Honey Chicken and it was so so, but everyone else really enjoyed their dishes. We will def. go back. Service was slow, but hey, we are on vacation.

Rode Everest back to back 4 times, no wait

Headed to HS today, hoping Casey can finally be picked for Indy show, he is 18 now and being his favorite movie, he so hopes to get in. I told him to hoop and holler and wave his hands wildly. Fingers crossed it happens!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: