DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #2476
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Totally off subject question here...

We will be arriving Fri(this week)sometime in the evening, and we need to pick up our APs(already paid for, on hold with CC)before arriving at All Star Music. So my dilema is, its Fri night, almost impossible to find a parking space at DTD. We need to go to a guest relations to get the APs, can we go to the Westside guest relations to do this(hoping for a chance parking space on that side) or is there some other option. Driving to a park means we have to pay to park, not completely opposed to this, but wondered if yall have had to do this and how best to handle?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #2477
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

OT, love the tree Barb!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #2478
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
The first part of this one is a brain tease. 2nd part, not so much!!

Disney has always done live action movies and one movie star, Brain Keith played in quite a few. Can you name the movies these Brain Keith characters belong to.

1) Mitch Evers (The Parent Trap)
2) Cam Calloway
3) Uncle Beck
4) Maj. Gen John Vanneman
5)John McCanless
Uggg - only could come up with one!! I looked up the rest but don't recall even hearing of them. Judge Hardcastle, Uncle Bill, Alexander Bowen - I could have answered those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Totally off subject question here...

We will be arriving Fri(this week)sometime in the evening, and we need to pick up our APs(already paid for, on hold with CC)before arriving at All Star Music. So my dilema is, its Fri night, almost impossible to find a parking space at DTD. We need to go to a guest relations to get the APs, can we go to the Westside guest relations to do this(hoping for a chance parking space on that side) or is there some other option. Driving to a park means we have to pay to park, not completely opposed to this, but wondered if yall have had to do this and how best to handle?
I've done the pickup at DTD but we were staying at OKW and took the boat so we didn't have to worry about the parking. If you are coming in late I'd think you might be able to park at one of the parks - maybe with a confirmation of your reservation at ASU or of your AP's. Or - it sounds like a visit to Beach Club could be in order. A little ice cream at Beaches and Cream or a snack at the Marketplace and then a trip over to the IG.

Do you have an AP rate booked at ASM so that's why you want it before checking in? If so - I've never been asked to show my AP. But if they do ask I've heard more than once that they should/will allow you to bring back the AP to show them after you pick it up.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #2479
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Thanks Kathy. I was thinking along the same lines about stopping by BW and moseying over to IG to acquire those APs. BC sounds even better!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #2480
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
OT, love the tree Barb!
Thanks! I 'borrowed' it from someone I wondered if I was putting it up too early.

I am such a goof! I thought all those names that Eliza listed were names of movies!
Of course Mitch is that Parent Trap dad! I love that movie. Just forgot his name.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #2481
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Eliza really stumped me on that one!

Love the tree Muush!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #2482
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Last day of getting ready for our flight tomorrow morning to WDW. I have printed all the plans, now I just need to pack. And do the 100 other things around here that aren't done yet before I can leave. At least I was able to upgrade to business class on Air tran so I'm looking foward to settling in to a nice comfy seat for the ride down. And maybe a nap!

Lookng forward to seeing some of you on the 8th at TOTWL! It will be me and Douglas for sure and maybe my sister and niece this time. We're staying at VWL though so if they are tired after dinner, they may just head back to the villa.

Save travels to all who are following us to WDW in the next few days!

Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #2483
KAT4DISNEY
1st trip Disneyland 1969

Are there any Groupies that could make use of some after 4PM 1 day (1 theme park) tickets? I have 3 tickets left from a convention event - I had my AP so didn't need it and the other couple had already bought park hopper tickets. I thought we might use these ourselves but the PAP offer had us buying those instead and the convention tickets can't be upgrade so they sat. Then I forgot about them until now!

The expire 12/31/12 so if anybody going in Dec hasn't gotten tickets yet or maybe only has 1 day park tickets but wanted to go to the Mixer at Epcot (although I've forgotten if the mixers start at 3 or 4pm?) - or just had friends wanting to visit for the evening please PM me and I'll try to get them to you in time. I hate to have them go to waste.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #2484
Muushka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Are there any Groupies that could make use of some after 4PM 1 day (1 theme park) tickets? I have 3 tickets left from a convention event - I had my AP so didn't need it and the other couple had already bought park hopper tickets. I thought we might use these ourselves but the PAP offer had us buying those instead and the convention tickets can't be upgrade so they sat. Then I forgot about them until now!

The expire 12/31/12 so if anybody going in Dec hasn't gotten tickets yet or maybe only has 1 day park tickets but wanted to go to the Mixer at Epcot (although I've forgotten if the mixers start at 3 or 4pm?) - or just had friends wanting to visit for the evening please PM me and I'll try to get them to you in time. I hate to have them go to waste.
That is such a nice offer. There is a tiny chance my BIL's family might go, but I won't know for sure. If it is a choice of letting them expire, I'll (thankfully) take them. But if there is anyone who probably will use them, it would be better to give them to them. I hope that makes sense!

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 11-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #2485
KAT4DISNEY
1st trip Disneyland 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
That is such a nice offer. There is a tiny chance my BIL's family might go, but I won't know for sure. If it is a choice of letting them expire, I'll (thankfully) take them. But if there is anyone who probably will use them, it would be better to give them to them. I hope that makes sense!
Yep - perfect sense Barb! I'll let you know if anyone chimes in that they definitely could use them but a maybe is better than definitely sitting and expiring.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #2486
Muushka

You are a quick study Kathy! Now that I think about it, they would need to buy 2 more tickets. I'm thinking it may not work.
If we weren't getting the PAPs, I would be all over this offer! But thank you anyway.

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 11-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #2487
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Inkmahm - I can feel your excitement building! Looking forward to seeing you and Dynaguy again in just a few short days!

Jimmy - I like Kathy's plan to go to the BC, ice cream then IG.. We'll be seeing you in just a few short days, too!

Muush - love your tree! I may have to 'borrow' it too. And we'll be seeing you in just a few short days, too!

Sorry you won't be joining us this time, Kathy, but I know you'll have a great time in Aulani.

We're also getting the PAP - great deal.

10 days and counting...... will see many of you soon!

Know that we will miss the Groupies that are staying behind and will think of you often!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #2488
Muushka

Hi Di

Hey, guess what. Remember that bullet we dodged? (Di, you already know some of this). Well, the bullet remained and needed removal!

Sewer lines backed up. Bottom line:
I had NO IDEA what a mess grease/fat in the lines looked like when they are the size of a football!

Too funny. The guy my plumber sent to remove it was a little 'afraid' of my sewer line. Me? I love removing clogs!
Give me gloves and I am good to go (especially when it is my 'junk'). But noooooooo. The professional had to do it!

All is well at the house of Muush.

Yes, in a short time (11 days!) we will be at WDW. It has been 390 or so days since the last time we were there.

I am a little bummed about the APs. Well, first I am very grateful for the sweet deal, but I thought we would be able to get vouchers to use for the next time we went, but I just realized that you have to activate them before 12/31/2013. I don't see us doing that, sadly. Oh well, we will get 3 visits out of this one!

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #2489
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
10 days and counting...... will see many of you soon!

Know that we will miss the Groupies that are staying behind and will think of you often!

Thanks for the thoughts now and on your trip. Kati and I are looking forward to next year. We have already decided it will be just the two of us again for 2013 and we are counting down the days until we can make our reservation.

To all leaving in the next few days, have a safe trip and a very good time. I know I don't have to remind y'all to take lots of pics.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #2490
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Wow, my brain left the building! I so rarely ask a question anymore that I forgot I had done so.

Thank you for all the ideas! We had planned for the briefest of park visits on the one day we have for parks before our three day cruise, and now I think it will have to be shorter! Too much to experience at the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
You have gotten some wonderful tips from the VWL experts, and I'll toss in one more that I don't know that anyone has mentioned. Something you might enjoy with your DS is the Hidden Mickey hunt at the Lodge and VWL. Go to Guest Services and ask for the Hidden Mickey clue sheet and then spend time tracking them down. It's a lot of fun, but they are not always easy to spot!

Have a wonderful trip!
I love hunts like that! We have been doing them at the Disneyland resorts and really joy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Welcome to the groupies bumbershoot!!!!

There are lots of nooks and crannies at WL/VWL to explore for sure. Be sure to take in some time to enjoy the Carolwood Pacific Room, the fireplace, leather chairs, checkers and Walts personal train cars from his home are among the highlights in the area. The sculptured wood carvings in the lobby of the villas are something to see. Take in the faint music, western themed that fits so well. At night, notice the lanterns flicker as you hear the crickets chirp.

Others can chime in with so much more as I have only touched the surface.

Enjoy!!
So much to dooooooo! Flickering lanterns? Fake crickets? Comfy chairs? My head is exploding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
We left a week ago today, and according to Ranger Jack, the tree was to go up that day. Sigh. You will love the tree, as well as all the decorations at the Lodge, including over in the Villas lobby. Make sure to have your picture taken in front of the tree! (P.S. I'm envious.)

bumbershoot - All that jimmytammy says is great stuff, and I would add not to forget the outdoor areas such as the nature trail that heads out behind the bike rental shop, the geyser near the main pool that goes off every hour or so, and just sitting on the beach at night while the EWP plays out on Bay Lake; meanwhile, you can often catch some of the higher explosions of Wishes off toward MK, as well. Finally, if you go up on the fourth floor of the main Lodge, the Sunrise Terrace overlooks the pool area and provides a superb view of Bay Lake, the pool/hot tubs, the geyser, and the flowing stream coming out of the lobby itself. Great place to sit down and drink coffee or enjoy your favorite libation.
I do recall seeing that stream in the lobby. So there's outdoor stuff too, oh dear, there's not enough time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Oh twinmom108, I hope you have a most magical time at our beloved VWL. May all your dreams come true.

TP, we will certainly miss you this year. You are a special person indeed.

We will be going in June, second week, and you?

Hello there!

Is this your first stay at VWL? As I re-read, I think yes/

What we enjoy is visiting all the little alcoves at the main Lodge. Sitting out on the different porches and sitting at the different fireplaces between the Lodge and the Villas.

We also enjoy catching the Electrical Parade each evening. And walking thru the main lobby at all times during our visit. We enjoy people watching, when they first enter the lobby and look up, and jaw drops....fun!

Walking around the courtyard, viewing the falls from different vantage points and getting pictures. Just fun!

Use your nose to smell the wonderful smells in the Lobby and your ears to hear the wonderful music and different sounds that are there. Of course there are lots of eye-candy sights there! Visit the Mercantile, that is a fun place!

I hope your trip is magical. Magical as it always is for us.....
More good info! My cousin shopped there while I oversaw cute pix of her son with mine. I was jealous of her shopping so I'll have to at least enter the store this time.

It's a stay at the beginning of a really split stay. Get in to VWL studio LATE Feb 5, sleep. Have the 6th to explore. 7th we go to the cruise. On the 10th off to Universal. Then to Kidani 1 bedroom (no room at Wilderness last times I checked) until cousins get back to town (they will have been on the cruise, but have work and school back home in Daytona for the week in between) and we move to "cheap" SSR two bedroom with them. I'm exhausted just thinking about it, even though I like split stays. I want to see all the resorts quickly so that I know what I love so we can plan for longer stays at those places!

Not sure if that explanation was helpful, but at least it explains the short visit and the WHY of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Wow, new groupies!
WELCOME bumbershoot and twinmom108! What fun having new groupies in our midsts.

For both of you, upon check-in, ask if there is opportunity for you to be Flag Family. One family per day is taken to the Lodge rooftop and helps the Lodge Ranger raise the flags; 4 to be exact. It's a wonderful opportunity for photos and to gaze over the World. This is not something that can be pre-arranged or reserved. First come, first served at check-in. twinmom108, with a 2 week stay you have a really good shot at it.

Kathy, we'll miss you at our meet, but I know you'll have a great time at Aulani.

tea pot, we'll miss you, too!
DH seems to like that idea.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: