DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #2416
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Welcome to the groupies gmi3804!!!!
Thank you!!!!

Looking forward to my first VWL stay next May!

¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!

We leave for the sake of leaving
And without knowing why
We say, "We must go!"
-
Words of the poet Beaudelaire

Old 11-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #2417
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Welcome to the groupies gmi3804 & Linda67!!!

Linda I agree with Muushka. I think your chance are very good. Just be sure to call exactly at 9:00 a.m. on your 11 mo. window or better yet you can do it online at 8:00 a.m. on your 11 mo. window. Then continue to add on days until you reach 11 nights. 11 nights sounds like heaven!

Happy Thanksgiving Groupies!

Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #2418
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Welcome to our Groupies Group gmi3804 & Linda67 !!!

And HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my VWL pals !!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #2419
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Linda I agree with Muushka. I think your chance are very good. Just be sure to call exactly at 9:00 a.m. on your 11 mo. window or better yet you can do it online at 8:00 a.m. on your 11 mo. window. Then continue to add on days until you reach 11 nights. 11 nights sounds like heaven!
Is that how you have to do it? I have been an owner for a couple of years now, but have actually NEVER booked at the 11 month window!! I have to book each day one by one? I'm looking to book next December at almost the exact same time as Linda (Dec 4-8..I think. Might need more...)
Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #2420
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Is that how you have to do it? I have been an owner for a couple of years now, but have actually NEVER booked at the 11 month window!! I have to book each day one by one? I'm looking to book next December at almost the exact same time as Linda (Dec 4-8..I think. Might need more...)
You can book the first 7 nights and then call back to add the other days.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #2421
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Linda 67 gmi3804

Woo Hoo New Groupies

Linda I agree with the others you shouldn't have a problem
I'm hoping to be booking right there with you,
Dec. 2013 is a long way off but just hang out right here and the time will fly
not to mention you'll have a bunch of groupie friends in the end

Hey Jimmy's am I jumping the gun on a Dec 2013 meet
my God bless us and keep us all till then

Opps! now back to the pies

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep

Last edited by tea pot; 11-21-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #2422
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

Happy Thanksgiving Groupies! Hope you all are able to enjoy the holiday with family and friends. Remember how lucky we all are to enjoy the freedoms we have and those who have sacrificed so that we can enjoy them.

Nicole

Old 11-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #2423
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Groupies! Hope you all are able to enjoy the holiday with family and friends. Remember how lucky we all are to enjoy the freedoms we have and those who have sacrificed so that we can enjoy them.

Nicole
Well said Nicole. Thank you to our servicemen for their sacrifice for all of us. We have much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Old and New Groupie friends

Remember 9/11/2012

I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #2424
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Happy thanksgiving gang. Have a blessed day.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #2425
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Happy Thanksgiving groupies have a wonderful Turkey day

Old 11-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #2426
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Wow, I am at least 60 pages behind on this thread with no hope of ever catching up. I'm back in time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving though! I have two pumpkin pies to mke tonight and then I am ready for tomorrow. Looking forward to a day with family.

We leave next Wed for WDW so I'm checking in to see if there have been any meets set up for early December. We are there 11/29 to 12/1 and then cruising on the Fantasy 12/1 to 12/8. We come back and are at the VWL 12/8 to 12/12. My sister and niece are joining us for the cruise and for the day before and after the cruise. So what have I missed- any meets while I am there so we can stop in and say hello in person?

After the WDW trip I have just a couple days to get things ready at home and then I get my right knee replaced on 12/17. The left knee is doing pretty good but I'm still taking painkillers so that helps a lot. I'm looking forward to getting the right one done and being over with surgery for awhile. I hope. I am no so afraid this time because I know what is ahead of me and know that I can do it.

Did I miss any other big news in the last couple months since I've been here?

Old 11-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #2427
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
You can book the first 7 nights and then call back to add the other days.
What WD said!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #2428
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the new Groupies!!! Pull up a rocker and let's chat.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Groupies - both to each of you and to all of yours. May tomorrow be a day of great blessing to each of you! I know that some of us have lost, over the past year, someone that we love. My prayer is that you can surround yourself with family and friends that love you without measure. But whatever the case, know that you are all in my prayers, and I am thankful for each of you!

As for me and mine, tomorrow will be very laid back because on Friday we pack Eric and load the Uhaul and we leave for Clermont, Fl on Saturday. We move him into his apartment on Monday and Rebecca and I will head for home on Tuesday. Some time during the 36 hours or so that we are within 10 minutes of Disney, I plan to mozzie on over to the Lodge and check out the decorations. And Eric starts his employ as a cast member on Wednesday.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #2429
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Hope all of my fellow groupies who I am so thankful for have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #2430
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Sweet looking ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Congrats Kathy ! You'll be stylin' in that one !
Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Twokats - nice wheels! Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Yeah for the Groupie Kats!!

Spiffy new car for one and Hawaii for the other!!!
The car is great! I am still learning it, but I was totally impressed with the amount of miles I got with my first tank of gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post

To all of my Dear Groupie Friends and to all New Groupies

Have a Happy Thanksgiving
!!!!
Ditto to the sentiments of the picture and the thought. I hope each and everyone enjoys the day and their family and friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving from London

So I am getting way ahead of myself here but we have just booked our flights for December 2013 and wanted to say at the VWL for pretty much our whole vacation

It's our home resort but as a fairly new DVC Member we have only stayed at the Villas once before and that was only for one night (stayed at the Lodge previously)

We are so excited at the prospect of seeing all of the holiday decorations and I know this is a popular time to stay at the Villas, but what are my chances of securing 11 nights in a studio if I book right on my 11 month window?

I wasn't sure if I would end up only getting a small selection of my chosen dates (3rd - 14th December) as we didn't really want to switch resorts

Thanks everyone for this wonderful thread

It's going to be a long countdown so this thread will help me get through
I will be right there with you since those are pretty much the same dates that DD and I have picked out. Like you we are counting the days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Linda 67 gmi3804

Woo Hoo New Groupies

Linda I agree with the others you shouldn't have a problem
I'm hoping to be booking right there with you,
Dec. 2013 is a long way off but just hang out right here and the time will fly
not to mention you'll have a bunch of groupie friends in the end

Hey Jimmy's am I jumping the gun on a Dec 2013 meet
my God bless us and keep us all till then

Opps! now back to the pies
I don't think you are jumping the gun, looks like there are three of us and hopefully quite a few more also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Wow, I am at least 60 pages behind on this thread with no hope of ever catching up. I'm back in time to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving though! I have two pumpkin pies to mke tonight and then I am ready for tomorrow. Looking forward to a day with family.

We leave next Wed for WDW so I'm checking in to see if there have been any meets set up for early December. We are there 11/29 to 12/1 and then cruising on the Fantasy 12/1 to 12/8. We come back and are at the VWL 12/8 to 12/12. My sister and niece are joining us for the cruise and for the day before and after the cruise. So what have I missed- any meets while I am there so we can stop in and say hello in person?

After the WDW trip I have just a couple days to get things ready at home and then I get my right knee replaced on 12/17. The left knee is doing pretty good but I'm still taking painkillers so that helps a lot. I'm looking forward to getting the right one done and being over with surgery for awhile. I hope. I am no so afraid this time because I know what is ahead of me and know that I can do it.

Did I miss any other big news in the last couple months since I've been here?
Glad to hear from you again. Enjoy your trip. The Fantasy is great. Is yours an eastern or western? The ship is beautiful and I know it will take another cruise or two on it to learn everything and see it all. As I said enjoy and the main biggie in my life is at the top of page 161.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the groupies (new and old) and good luck to those that will be out on Black Friday!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: