DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #226
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

checkin in

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post

Eliza? How are things? Been thinking of you....
Happy Monday all,

Hey Blozzomz, glad you had a fun and safe trip. Thanks for the shout out. The old guy is doing well. He finished his first 9 day round of chemo and actually did very well, at least from my perspective (im sure he'll tell you differently. ) I think the next few weeks will probably be harder since he has no immune system whatsoever, his anc number is zero he can't be released. Evidently in a normal adult it takes about 2 weeks for your blood count numbers to rise. He has a bone marrow biopsy thursday and hopefully won't need another round of chemo. So pretty much he's just sitting there in a hospital room...."ughhh"

Here is my big moose to all the groupie men out there. Boy o' boy, not having the old guy around for the last 4 weeks has been eye opening. So to Jimmy, wildernessdad, stopher, Disneydad, Mr. muushka and all the moose-mates to us gals, think of this as your Monday Morning "thanks for putting the pixie dust" in our daily lives. You are appreciated.

Anyone going to the world soon or there as we speak, have a wonderful time....
Old 04-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #227
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Happy Monday all,

Hey Blozzomz, glad you had a fun and safe trip. Thanks for the shout out. The old guy is doing well. He finished his first 9 day round of chemo and actually did very well, at least from my perspective (im sure he'll tell you differently. ) I think the next few weeks will probably be harder since he has no immune system whatsoever, his anc number is zero he can't be released. Evidently in a normal adult it takes about 2 weeks for your blood count numbers to rise. He has a bone marrow biopsy thursday and hopefully won't need another round of chemo. So pretty much he's just sitting there in a hospital room...."ughhh"

Here is my big moose to all the groupie men out there. Boy o' boy, not having the old guy around for the last 4 weeks has been eye opening. So to Jimmy, wildernessdad, stopher, Disneydad, Mr. muushka and all the moose-mates to us gals, think of this as your Monday Morning "thanks for putting the pixie dust" in our daily lives. You are appreciated.

This is so sweet and so true.

Thinking positive thoughts for both of you.
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #228
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Eliza~Continued prayers and good thoughts to you, your husband and your family. Hoping his counts go up and you get good news on Thursday.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #229
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Happy Monday all,

Eliza, so good to hear from you. We have been wondering. I wish the Old Guy could see what you wrote. So sweet. I hope that his bone marrow shows that the chemo has done its job. And I hope his ANC count rises mightily. My old lab memory hasn't gone rusty (yet). I had a feeling what that anc number is, but looked it up to verify. Old dog, old lab tech yada yada yada.

Give the old guy a hug from Muush.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #230
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Monday all,

Eliza, I hope and pray that the old guy makes a complete recovery. Thank you for thinking about we guys.

In just 12 days, May 12, (who's counting), we will be heading out for that Jambo House GV vacation. We're all (9 of us total) going to be on an extremely early flight; take off time 6:40 am, arrival time 8:50 am. A few of us are going to 1900 Park Fare for the character breakfast on May 13. I'll be hitting T-Rex twice, La Hacienda de San Angel, Teppan Edo and Via Napoli. Looks like we'll be park hopping a bit this vacation.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #231
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
Eliza, I hope and pray that the old guy makes a complete recovery. Thank you for thinking about we guys.

In just 12 days, May 12, (who's counting), we will be heading out for that Jambo House GV vacation. We're all (9 of us total) going to be on an extremely early flight; take off time 6:40 am, arrival time 8:50 am. A few of us are going to 1900 Park Fare for the character breakfast on May 13. I'll be hitting T-Rex twice, La Hacienda de San Angel, Teppan Edo and Via Napoli. Looks like we'll be park hopping a bit this vacation.
Sounds like a fun vacation with lots of yummy eats! I haven't tried T-Rex or Via Napoli yet.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #232
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

Well I decided that I didn't want to chance a wait list for our November/December trip...I was going to wait list Dec 2nd...but I got to thinking and looking on line and discovered if I moved my date up one day, then I was home FREE?..so...i moved my ressie for the entire trip...can't wait...me and hubby (who has never stayed at either the lodge or villa), but I have a few times. ...now to wait for the Christmas tree exchange!!!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #233
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
Well I decided that I didn't want to chance a wait list for our November/December trip...I was going to wait list Dec 2nd...but I got to thinking and looking on line and discovered if I moved my date up one day, then I was home FREE?..so...i moved my ressie for the entire trip...can't wait...me and hubby (who has never stayed at either the lodge or villa), but I have a few times. ...now to wait for the Christmas tree exchange!!!!!
Christmas season at the Lodge = heaven!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #234
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Happy Monday all,

You are so kind Eliza, thank you.
We are continuing support in prayer for you folks.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #235
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

So glad to hear from you Eliza! Please tell The Old Guy that we are all thinking good thoughts for him!! Hang in there..it must not be very easy for you. Just know your groupies are here...
Old 04-30-2012, 09:14 PM   #236
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Christmas season at the Lodge = heaven!!!
Amen.
Eliza--continued best wishes for you both. . .

Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #237
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

I just got a text from Stopher. From MK. MSEP at MK to be exact.
He and Tea Pot and Mr Tea Pot and Diz DiDad combo are all there enjoying the parade.

Without me.

Wah.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #238
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post

You have me beat by 5 days. We are at 17 (but you're right who's counting), and our flight is leaving at 6:15 am arriving at 9:35 am. We will have to leave our house around 3:15 in the morning to get to the airport.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #239
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
I just got a text from Stopher. From MK. MSEP at MK to be exact.
He and Tea Pot and Mr Tea Pot and Diz DiDad combo are all there enjoying the parade.

Without me.

Wah.
Ditto, without us!!!!

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 05-01-2012, 06:05 AM   #240
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
Congrats and I'm envious! There is no lovelier place than VWL during the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad
While I am happy for you, and those others who have trips coming up in a few days or weeks, sadly I sit here typing with the knowledge that our next trip isn't until November. Sigh. But, I am calm about the wait, as usual. . . No, really. . .

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: