DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #2371
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
You are too kind Granny. The only tip I gave was to watch for your map!

Hi Granny . Looking forward to your Disney vacation?
Hey Muush!

You may have written the understatement of the year! Still five weeks to go but definitely looking forward to Christmas at the Lodge.

And looking forward to some Groupie meet reports and pictures in the mean time!!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 11-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #2372
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
And looking forward to some Groupie meet reports and pictures in the mean time!!
Granny we should try to have our own groupie meet! We'll be there the same time as you.
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #2373
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
I will definitely be walking this path next month. I've done the main path but never this one. Sounds beautiful.

Have a great weekend all!
It is a superb path and one rarely taken (once past the second turn-off) except for CMs who occasionally pass by in their golf carts. Often, I will run out via the nature trail then come back on the main path. Enjoy!

Old 11-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #2374
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Yuppers, we are still on for the 8th
Great!

Old 11-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #2375
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Granny we should try to have our own groupie meet! We'll be there the same time as you.
That sounds like a plan!

I'll send you a PM so we can work on a good time for a get together.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 11-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #2376
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

YAY!! I can finally post over here now. We have been longing to try VWL since our first trip as DVC owners in 09. We have booked our first trip here for next June. I really wanted a 1 BR but due to lack of points, went with a studio instead. My DH and I are so excited to stay here. Thanks for letting me stalk this thread and dream about staying here.

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Old 11-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #2377
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
YAY!! I can finally post over here now. We have been longing to try VWL since our first trip as DVC owners in 09. We have booked our first trip here for next June. I really wanted a 1 BR but due to lack of points, went with a studio instead. My DH and I are so excited to stay here. Thanks for letting me stalk this thread and dream about staying here.
Congrats and welcome to the best resort in the World! Not that any of us are biased or anything like that. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #2378
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks "SS" View Post
Hey, Tinks! Don't you know that we accept absolutely everyone on this thread regardless of everything!
The love of the Lodge is all that is needed.

Come, sit with us on the porch. Have something to drink and tell us what you love about our beloved VWL.
And, if you are so inclined, please grab a Moosie for your signature. He loves it when people show him off.

PS We will be going in June also, what week for you? We are going the second week.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #2379
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Welcome to the groupies Tinks "SS"

PM me if you want me to post your dates on the vacation list on the 1st page
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #2380
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Tink SS....Hey!! Another new face round these parts! We love new groupies! Come join us and pull up a rocker! Welcome!
Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #2381
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Aaarrrrggggg!!! Please forgive my rambling but I'm back to continue with my trip dilema - darn that low airfare to Hawaii. However it's just low enough to make me think but not low enough from Reno to make it a definite. Yesterday was grey and rainy - just yuck weather. So I was getting more input from DH about staying with our WDW trip or switching to Hawaii. The input - he's 50/50.

Hawaii is so nice - my first trip there was in 1975 with my parents and I have this awesome picture of my Dad with one of the hula girls at a luau and he has about as big of a grin as I ever saw him have!

Oahu isn't our top island but I've learned there is a lot that DH hasn't done there, including Pearl Harbor so we'd have some things we'd need to get out and see. But - Christmas time at WDW is my fav. And to be there during a groupie meet and the timing was working out perfectly for the Merry Mixer too.

I think I may be off to flip a coin. If I'm fine with however it turns out then it's good. If I don't like the flip then I know which way to go. Will we be saying Mele Kalikimaka? Or just a good old Merry Christmas?

Old 11-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #2382
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Welcome Tinks "SS"! And congrats on your reservation at VWL - you'll love it I'm certain!!!

Have any other Groupies seen John Carter? It's made it to the movie channels so DH and I watched it last night. I Liked it! (Better than Avatar IMO ) What an amazing story thought up by Edgar Rice Burroughs in 1912. I could see how the story had so much influence on 20th century sci-fi writers and directors. Thanks goodness for DVR's though - I never read the books so I needed a little rewinding to catch a few things.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #2383
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Welcome Tinks "SS"! And congrats on your reservation at VWL - you'll love it I'm certain!!!

Have any other Groupies seen John Carter? It's made it to the movie channels so DH and I watched it last night. I Liked it! (Better than Avatar IMO ) What an amazing story thought up by Edgar Rice Burroughs in 1912. I could see how the story had so much influence on 20th century sci-fi writers and directors. Thanks goodness for DVR's though - I never read the books so I needed a little rewinding to catch a few things.
We caught John Carter in the theaters, despite all the bad press. And we were pleasantly surprised also.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #2384
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Aaarrrrggggg!!! Please forgive my rambling but I'm back to continue with my trip dilema - darn that low airfare to Hawaii. However it's just low enough to make me think but not low enough from Reno to make it a definite. Yesterday was grey and rainy - just yuck weather. So I was getting more input from DH about staying with our WDW trip or switching to Hawaii. The input - he's 50/50.

Hawaii is so nice - my first trip there was in 1975 with my parents and I have this awesome picture of my Dad with one of the hula girls at a luau and he has about as big of a grin as I ever saw him have!

Oahu isn't our top island but I've learned there is a lot that DH hasn't done there, including Pearl Harbor so we'd have some things we'd need to get out and see. But - Christmas time at WDW is my fav. And to be there during a groupie meet and the timing was working out perfectly for the Merry Mixer too.

I think I may be off to flip a coin. If I'm fine with however it turns out then it's good. If I don't like the flip then I know which way to go. Will we be saying Mele Kalikimaka? Or just a good old Merry Christmas?
Ah. What a dilemma! We have never been to Hawaii, it is on our bucket list. Good luck with your decision!

Quote:

Too funny. I just read your post and asked Mr Muush who John Carter was. He proceeded to say exactly what you just wrote and it is in our Netflix queue. Who knew?? I'll let you know what he says when he watches it. I'm not a fan of sci-fi.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #2385
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Hey Groupies, just thought you'd enjoy this thread....

"VWL Owners, Now I Get It"

Always nice to hear someone who comes to WL/VWL with their minds open, willing to try something new. While no resort appeals to everyone, I do think VWL remains a fairly hidden gem in the DVC repertoire.

(yep, I'm a guy)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: