DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #2356
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizfan View Post
Looking forward to our first stay at VWL. It's only a couple nights after a January cruise, but the resort looks great.
You'll love it !!!!

Quote:
wildernessdad : Anybody going to one of the DVC Merry Mixers? It looks like we're going to the one on December 4.

Let's see. How many more days to go? 16! But who's counting!
I'm counting !!!! 27 more days !!!! Thinking of doing the Merry Mixer on the 18th

Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #2357
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Looking forward to our first stay at VWL. It's only a couple nights after a January cruise, but the resort looks great.
The resort IS great. I'm not biased whatsoever. It's quiet, serene, and beautiful--a great way to ease back into life off the boat.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #2358
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

The countdown is close to zero. Can you feel it? Can you feel the lodge beckon you? Is the excitement building? Are you anticipating walking into our beautiful lodge? Close your eyes now and remember. Remember how it is to walk into that magnificent lobby.

Gosh it's great.

(i hope i'm not being too silly)

Old 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #2359
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
The countdown is close to zero. Can you feel it? Can you feel the lodge beckon you? Is the excitement building? Are you anticipating walking into our beautiful lodge? Close your eyes now and remember. Remember how it is to walk into that magnificent lobby.

Gosh it's great.

WD...we love your enthusiasm !!!!!

Old 11-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #2360
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Quote:

Gosh it's great.

you just gave me goosy's.. your not being silly with this bunch we live for that very thing.. we will be heading thru those doors very soon my friend

Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #2361
srp1103
Mouseketeer

We will be arriving at the lodge tomorrow afternoon On out last few trips we have been offered a choice of available rooms and I have not been prepared. I am gathering that if I get a choice I should request odd numbered room on a higher floor? I like a nice view, do not want to look at dumpster, parking, or electrical things.

Also, I am a runner and would like to get in a few short runs (3-4 miles). Is there a path that connects Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness?

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #2362
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:

Gosh it's great.

You?? Silly???? NO WAY MAN!
WD, will we see you while you are at VWL? Are you going to the meet at BLT on Sat the 8th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
you just gave me goosy's.. your not being silly with this bunch we live for that very thing.. we will be heading thru those doors very soon my friend
Goosy's! Love that phrase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srp1103 View Post
We will be arriving at the lodge tomorrow afternoon On out last few trips we have been offered a choice of available rooms and I have not been prepared. I am gathering that if I get a choice I should request odd numbered room on a higher floor? I like a nice view, do not want to look at dumpster, parking, or electrical things.

Also, I am a runner and would like to get in a few short runs (3-4 miles). Is there a path that connects Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness?

Thanks for your help!
I hope someone can answer your question about room numbers, I don't have a clue! We do ask for higher rooms, but then again we have had rooms on the 1st floor and the patio looked out at the woods and that was nice too.

Our Granny is very handy dandy with the maps and things, so hopefully he (yep, he's a guy ) will come on and help.
But yes, there is a very nice trail from VWL over to FW.

Have a wonderful trip!

And I notice some new friends here, potential Groupies!! who may want to adopt our signature Moose. Please be sure to steal yourself one. Instructions are on the first page. And I know for a fact that he (the Moose) loves it when people have him in their siggies.

Quote:
That is such a great idea, VWL after a cruise. I hate getting off of a ship and driving home. Great plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
DDad and I hope to be at the Merry Mixer on the 11th, too.

Muush, we can probably make the hayride on the 12th. What time?

22 days for us!
see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Muushka
The 12th would work for us. What time?
see below

We have never done either, the hayride or the sleigh ride. But I am pretty sure you have to have reservations for the sleigh ride, so I figured we could 'wing it' for the hay ride. Maybe someone who has done both could help us?

How would Wed the 12th at 9:15 work for everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
December

wildernessDad 1-10 VWL

KAT4DISNEY 1-5 BWV 5-9 BLT

jimmytammy 3-14 OKW

DiznyDi/DiznyDad 7-15 VWL

Inkmahm/Dynaguy 8-12 VWL

keliblue 9-15 VWL 10th Anniversary

Muushka 9-14 VWL

MiaSRN62 12-15 Dolphin 17-19 BCV

Maria said 'the 13th before 6 pm is best, but I can make it work on 12/14 too'

Maria, are you wanting to join us on the hay ride?

I'm trying to figure out what night would be best. I think they have one at 9:30

I think it is $8 pp. If it was full, it would still be fun to walk around.

How would Wed the 12th at 9:15 work for everyone?

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.

Last edited by Muushka; 11-16-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #2363
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maria, you poor baby! I didn't realize you were coming in at night. Howsabout we change it to the 13th????
Thank you Muush for offering to switch, but I think I will take my chances on making that last wagon with you all. We are also traveling with friends and already have plans for Osbourne Lights Thurs night....then we're doing MVMCP on Fri night..
Our friends are on a RC cruise and flying back to WDW from Ft Lauderdale on the 13th. Their plane doesn't land until 6 pm. This is why I mentioned the 13th during the day was good for a meet because they're stuck in Ft Lauderdale until dinner time. I think we might just be able to make that 9:30 pm wagon and then we can check in to the Dolphin afterwards. I will keep ya all posted on how "on time" things go

Old 11-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #2364
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

We are still on for December 8 at TOTWL, right? I changed my dinner reservation to La Hacienda de San Angel at 4:45 pm on that day to make sure we make it there early. It will be me, DW, DS and DGD.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #2365
Muushka

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Thank you Muush for offering to switch, but I think I will take my chances on making that last wagon with you all. We are also traveling with friends and already have plans for Osbourne Lights Thurs night....then we're doing MVMCP on Fri night..
Our friends are on a RC cruise and flying back to WDW from Ft Lauderdale on the 13th. Their plane doesn't land until 6 pm. This is why I mentioned the 13th during the day was good for a meet because they're stuck in Ft Lauderdale until dinner time. I think we might just be able to make that 9:30 pm wagon and then we can check in to the Dolphin afterwards. I will keep ya all posted on how "on time" things go
Okie dokie Maria, I switched everything back to the 12th. Fingers crossed that you will make it!
If you don't make it, lets plan on seeing each other while you are there.

Quote:
We are still on for December 8 at TOTWL, right? I changed my dinner reservation to La Hacienda de San Angel at 4:45 pm on that day to make sure we make it there early. It will be me, DW, DS and DGD.
Yuppers, we are still on for the 8th

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #2366
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:

Thanks for your help!
As we were just there last week, and as I am an avid runner, as well, let me answer your questions.
1) Yes, go for odd-numbered rooms as they are the ones facing Bay Lake, though most rooms even on that side mostly have views of trees with glimpses of the lake.
2) I'd ask for a room with a pool view, as well, since that generally reduces the number of trees between you and Bay Lake, plus it can give you a nice people watching balcony on occasion. Additionally, if you're close to the pool, you won't be close to the dumpster which is at the far end of the building.
3) I'd go for a room on the third floor or higher. You can actually catch good glimpses of Wishes above the main Lodge!
4) There is a path that connects WL to FW; in fact, there are two in a manner of speaking.
a) The most well-known is the paved bike trail that follows beside the WL bus stop and gets to FW right at one mile.
b) The lesser known is the nature trail that begins next to the bike and boat rental building. It's a sandy trail that roughly parallels Bay Lake. There are two points along that nature trail where you can head off to the right and join up with the paved trail. The first is about 1/3 of a mile out and the second a bit over half a mile. OR you can continue along the path as it follows Bay Lake (you get nice views of CR to your left) and not veer off. About 3/4 of a mile you will come to a CM parking area that has a basketball goal, fencing, a few outbuildings, and cars. You can only go to the right and follow the access road which leads you to the stables at FW where you then meet with the main paved trail as it enters FW. That route is not quite a mile but quieter.
5) Once at FW, I head toward the RV parking areas since this time of year they will be decorated for Christmas (some were already up last week), and you can run to the campground area, too. You can easily add another mile or two to the run by hoofing it around FW before heading back. Be prepared for wildlife. In my runs over the years, I've seen deer, rabbits, turtles, and even a hawk with prey in its talons. Very cool.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #2367
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Okie dokie Maria, I switched everything back to the 12th. Fingers crossed that you will make it!
If you don't make it, lets plan on seeing each other while you are there.
Absolutely !

Old 11-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #2368
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:

Thanks for your help!
Muushka and Sleepydog have given you some great information and tips already, so I'll just add this visual map of the path from VWL to Fort Wilderness. This is the Path A that Sleepy described:

Enjoy your stay!!

(yep, I'm a guy)

Old 11-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #2369
Muushka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Muushka and Sleepydog have given you some great information and tips already, so I'll just add this visual map of the path from VWL to Fort Wilderness. This is the Path A that Sleepy described:

Enjoy your stay!!
You are too kind Granny. The only tip I gave was to watch for your map!

Hi Granny . Looking forward to your Disney vacation?

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #2370
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post

b) The lesser known is the nature trail that begins next to the bike and boat rental building. It's a sandy trail that roughly parallels Bay Lake. There are two points along that nature trail where you can head off to the right and join up with the paved trail. The first is about 1/3 of a mile out and the second a bit over half a mile. OR you can continue along the path as it follows Bay Lake (you get nice views of CR to your left) and not veer off. About 3/4 of a mile you will come to a CM parking area that has a basketball goal, fencing, a few outbuildings, and cars. You can only go to the right and follow the access road which leads you to the stables at FW where you then meet with the main paved trail as it enters FW. That route is not quite a mile but quieter.
I will definitely be walking this path next month. I've done the main path but never this one. Sounds beautiful.

Have a great weekend all!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: