DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #2266
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Oh Kat4, I am so sorry that your BIL is having to start chemo again. I hope everything will be all right.

DLI, so glad about no infection for your uncle. I hope he and your aunt both continue to improve once all procedures are done.

HD having a meltdown??? Not our HD!! Interesting info about VWL and refurb.
I hate change....but maybe they will do something with that couch.....

To our groupies in the North East, all the best to you with the upcoming storm. May it fizzle, big time!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #2267
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydinks

We were actually quite happy with the service at BLT. Now that they have the check-in there as opposed to the Contemporary - that's how we ended up with the room that we did - the cast member was very helpful in getting it for us. Now, what I will say is that the furniture/rooms are not holding up well there - not as well as at the Lodge. I believe that was a complaint from the get go - the furniture is uncomfortable and it's really taking a bad beating. Some of that is from the big windows and the unrelenting sun - but IMHO it's that the stuff was gotten on the "cheap" - looked good initially but not good for the hard wear and tear of time share. It was a nice place to spend the first 4 days of the trip - esp with going to MNSSHP and being able to walk back to the room - as opposed to me having a meltdown on the dock waiting for a boat to get back to the Lodge (which has happened!)

We found out from one of the housekeeping supervisors at the Lodge that all the Villas rooms are going to be completely remodeled in 2014 - they did the hotel rooms this past year. She said that they are going to try and make it so that (somehow) they'll be able to sleep 5 in a 1 bedroom - maybe reconfigure some of the rooms, put down hardwoods throughout the rooms, etc. We'll see how that works out.
This is fantastic news about the refurb at VWL! I had been wondering when that would happen. From what I've read, the refurb over on the hotel side is beautiful.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #2268
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Prayers for all of the groupies going through these tough times.......

Old 11-09-2012, 04:47 AM   #2269
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Happy Birthday MaryJ!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #2270
Muushka

WooHoo!! A birthday to celebrate!!!

Happy Birthday MaryJ!!!

Where's lunch?????????????????

Hope it is a very happy one

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 11-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #2271
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Yay! Happy Birthday Mary J!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #2272
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Happy Birthday MaryJ!!!!
Happy birthday, MaryJ!
Hope it is a good one.

Kat4 & DLI: Thanks for the concerns to me and know that you and yours are in my thoughts also.
As are all groupies that are also going through stressful times

I did go to the chiropractor yesterday and she did new x-rays and really put me through all the ropes before she did any adjusting. She had me finally to a place where when I went in for a maintenance checkup, I did not hurt after an adjustment.
When she was done yesterday, I hurt all over. She said I was totally out of whack!!!
She is going to see me 2 times a week for the next couple of weeks and then will probably cut back to once a week and hopefully get me back to where I was before the accident.

The woman that hit me, her insurance company called me yesterday and so I have been talking to both agencies. The police report left no doubt that she was totally at fault, so they said they will take care of everything.
My adjuster called me this morning and confirmed that the Monte Carlo is a total loss. Even though I was expecting that answer, it just makes the whole thing seem so final.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 11-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #2273
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Happy birthday, MaryJ!
Hope it is a good one.

Kat4 & DLI: Thanks for the concerns to me and know that you and yours are in my thoughts also.
As are all groupies that are also going through stressful times

I did go to the chiropractor yesterday and she did new x-rays and really put me through all the ropes before she did any adjusting. She had me finally to a place where when I went in for a maintenance checkup, I did not hurt after an adjustment.
When she was done yesterday, I hurt all over. She said I was totally out of whack!!!
She is going to see me 2 times a week for the next couple of weeks and then will probably cut back to once a week and hopefully get me back to where I was before the accident.

The woman that hit me, her insurance company called me yesterday and so I have been talking to both agencies. The police report left no doubt that she was totally at fault, so they said they will take care of everything.
My adjuster called me this morning and confirmed that the Monte Carlo is a total loss. Even though I was expecting that answer, it just makes the whole thing seem so final.
Sure seems like there are just too many groupies going through hard stuff right now. Sure hope you can get back to normal quickly. Glad her insurance company will take care of things for you.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #2274
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday MaryJ!!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #2275
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Need some advice. I was thinking of getting my daughter into yoga to hopefully help out with her stress and migraines. This is something I am not at all familiar with. I can't really afford anything that is too much but I really want to do what I can to help her. Any advice?
Old 11-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #2276
Happydinks
Just Bob and Leslie (Okay, Buddy and Gracie too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Happy birthday, MaryJ!
Hope it is a good one.

Hope that you are feeling better soon - and all the insurance stuff is settled with no hassle to you!

There are a lot of Groupies out there struggling with life in general - whether it be health, family, job,woes from Sandy - whatever. Even having been absent from the thread for many months - I still see the compassion and support for each other on almost every page. It is such a "safe place" to be able look for support - or even a kind word of hope. We have missed being here.

Earlier this year - while going through some of these times - we saw the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. A line from this movie has become my mantra for life in general (and I find needing to repeat often) and I just wanted to share as it seems apropo: "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."

Thanks to all for being a good Lodge loving support group!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #2277
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydinks View Post
Earlier this year - while going through some of these times - we saw the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. A line from this movie has become my mantra for life in general (and I find needing to repeat often) and I just wanted to share as it seems apropo: "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
I love that line - can I borrow it; no can I steal it and use it like you do? Yes, judging from some of life's woes on this thread, it certainly can not be the end. Another line I have come to love over the years is "It may be Friday, but Sunday is a commin'!" Yep - and we are almost there.

Happy Birthday Mary J!!!! Hope your day has been especially magical.

My prayer right here right now is that we, each and everyone of us on this thread, will have a very BLESSED and JOYOUS weekend. I know it will be harder for some than others. But my prayer stands - and is rooted on solid ground.

Close your eyes and imagine you are at the lodge sitting in one of the rockers. And there it is. Did you hear it? God loves you!!!

Gotta go, God Bless!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #2278
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Happy Birthday MaryJ!
Sorry I missed lunch - I was with a friend celebrating a birthday! Hope your day has been a happy one.

So sorry Kathy about your accident. I hope the chiropractor is able to give you relief and get you ship shape in short order. Looking for a new car can be both fun and frustrating. I hope you find what you're looking for. Personally I love my Ford Escape.

Disney loving Iowan - I don't do yoga so can't help there. These weary old bones just would not co-operate to do those movements. DDad and I have been walking though and find it a great way to de-stress from the days activities. We're very rural, so we walk 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 miles at a time and enjoy the scenery, enjoy each others company, and discuss the high - and sometimes low - points of our day. This may not be as refreshing in the city with lots of noise. Maybe your local 'Y' has some classes?

Happydinks - love your mantra. I think we also will be using that from time to time. Thanks for sharing.

Ohio is to be beautiful this week-end with temperatures hoping to get into the mid 70's. Wishing all Groupies a safe and happy holiday week-end. And for any of our Veterans, my sincere thanks for your service to our country and for the sacrifices you made on my behalf. Thank you!

Would any of our Veteran Groupies care to share? I'd love to here where and when you served and in which branch of the armed forces.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #2279
Muushka

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
I love that line - can I borrow it; no can I steal it and use it like you do? Yes, judging from some of life's woes on this thread, it certainly can not be the end. Another line I have come to love over the years is "It may be Friday, but Sunday is a commin'!" Yep - and we are almost there.

Happy Birthday Mary J!!!! Hope your day has been especially magical.

My prayer right here right now is that we, each and everyone of us on this thread, will have a very BLESSED and JOYOUS weekend. I know it will be harder for some than others. But my prayer stands - and is rooted on solid ground.

Close your eyes and imagine you are at the lodge sitting in one of the rockers. And there it is. Did you hear it? God loves you!!!

Gotta go, God Bless!
I heard it! Thank you!

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #2280
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]
Disney loving Iowan - I don't do yoga so can't help there. These weary old bones just would not co-operate to do those movements. DDad and I have been walking though and find it a great way to de-stress from the days activities. We're very rural, so we walk 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 miles at a time and enjoy the scenery, enjoy each others company, and discuss the high - and sometimes low - points of our day. This may not be as refreshing in the city with lots of noise. Maybe your local 'Y' has some classes?
I have tried to get her to go for walks. I try to go every day and usually do about 5 miles. It does so much good. We even have a nice trail behind our house. I talked to my brother and he said they pay $52 a month per person for their Y membership. Unfortunately that is a bit steep for us at this time. I have been doing some research but haven't found anything yet. Oh and by the way I was thinking of doing the class with her but I don't know if I'll be able to! I think I'd have to see a chiropractor afterward!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: