DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 07:03 AM   #2251
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
The only car DH has ever restored and it was quite an investment was a '71 Chevy Nova. He was so proud of it and it did look good. One of the sons drove it during his high school years and unfortunately it sat in the yard after he got his own truck. Have had a lot of offers from guys that would like to buy it, but DH will not let it go.

We went looking today and found a nice Hyundai Sonata that I liked and the salesman was very nice, did not push us at all especially since we told him we were just seeing what there was and getting a little education on the different brands.
There was a Nissan Altima that I drove, but there was another one I kinda liked better that I did not drive, but the two salesmen we dealt with really were pushy and turned my husband off real fast.
Then we went to our Chevy dealership and they had an Impala there that was exactly what I wanted. Plus another salesman that was great and did not push us, just gave us the info we wanted. Kati likes the Impala.
I don't know how much more we will look around. There is a couple of more dealerships that we will probably go to, but we have a little more education on the vehicles.

Another note on the wreck. . . I have been feeling pretty good this week. The soreness is less and I am hoping my chiropractor will work that little bit out.
Thanks for the continued thoughts.
Glad you are feeling well still, and hope the chiropractor gets the rest of it gone

Our minister has had several Impalas and loves them. He has sold them to fellow members and it turn they have loved them. I would say you wont go wrong with that choice if thats where you end up. We purchased a Honda Odyssey van last Dec. and love it. I know that wouldnt be your choice(too much like a SUV, but it truly drives like a car, sits a little lower than previous vans, more roomy than any of out previous vans, all of them being Dodge Grand Caravans before. We still have one, our DD being a nanny, works great for her. Anyway, never thought I would breakdown and buy foreign, but my dad and mom have owned 2 Odysseys and love them, esp. their current one. Im just sharing this as I know you are looking. Carwise, Impala would be a sweet choice. We have a 96 Lumina also, actually selling it to my cousin this week, but has been a great car. Only money spent on it since 96, other than servicing, one set new tires(I rotate often)and 2 batteries, and had AC redone, but with 158K miles, thats to be expected.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #2252
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
OMG ! What a series of events. Prayers going out to them both and hope you FIL doesn't have cancer. Hang in there DLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
I'll second Maria's sentiments. I hope everything turns out all right. That is a lot of illness. Hugs to all of you.
Thanks! I really appreciate it. Boy what a couple of days.
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #2253
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Gearing up for storm #2 in the span of about one week !!! Just heard 3-5 inches of snow (with rain/sleet/high winds). Gusting winds inland 40-50 mph. Even stronger winds for the Jersey coast ! For my Groupie friends that will be affected---please stay safe !
Dreaming of WDW.......35 more days !!!!!

Old 11-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #2254
Happydinks
Just Bob and Leslie (Okay, Buddy and Gracie too!)

Catching up...WOW!

First - to all the Groupies in the affected Sandy area, we hope that you are well and finally seeing some power/gasoline shortage easing. We have family in NJ, none of whom still have power back yet, but thankfully, none of their homes were flooded or hit by falling trees. We will keep our fingers crossed that the impending Noreaster does not bring additional woes to your area!

Quote:
It has been one of those days you would never dream of happening when you walk out your front door.

I was driving down one of our sevice roads in Greenville to meet my boss and I saw this car coming right at me in my lane. this is not a one way road!!
So very glad that you were not badly injured! Cars can be replaced, but lives cannot. What a freaky accident!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Here is an update on the cruise to nowhere. DCL had offered all cruiser's on that nightmare of a cruise a 25% discount on a future 3 night cruise.
Did not realize that you were going out the day we got back! We heard in the parks from cast members that the cruise was a nightmare - but my goodness! We wondered about the wisdom of the ship leaving when other lines were bringing their ships in EARLY! We have been on two previous DCL cruises and other than cooler weather, never had a bit of problem and have loved them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretPoohLove View Post
I am still recovering from losing my precious Corgi last month, (and my other 3 years ago) and these pictures made me smile and cry. Thank you.
Even though it's been a month - so very sorry for your loss. This is the "stinkiest" part of having them a part of our families. We feel and know your pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
We first had a stop in MN were DH and I met with his Dr. for a follow up on his surgery. We learned that when the additional testing was done on the lymph nodes they discovered that it were in fact 2 of 42 rather than just 1 that tested positive for cancer. However the Dr. still remains optimistic of a postive outcome with the hormone therapy he is recommending for the next 2 years. We just try and remain positive and will continue the fight.
Prayers for you all! We understand from personal experience what you are going through right now. Sending positive thoughts and energy your way!

DLI - hope that all things are starting to settle out for you now! That was a double whammy!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #2255
Happydinks

Quote:
Which cruise were you on, Dream or Fantasy? You have a great attitude about it being rocky, I would have been .

So, I take it you liked BLT? Sounds like you got an awesome room! Was that a 1 BR?
We were on the Dream. And, other than the last night, it was all good!

Yes, we were in a 1 BR (we're spoiled) and they are just huge over in BLT. BLT has sort of grown on us from a convenience standpoint - but the Lodge will always be the place we end the trip. I think that all of the rooms in the South Tower, Lake side, room second from the end of the hallway, will have the same "cheater view". We went up to TOW a couple of times even after we moved and while it was more crowded than last year - it wasn't packed. I know that BLT owners are not happy about allowing all DVC members up there, but IMHO, if it wasn't being used enough by the people staying there, and not enough $$ was being made at the lounge, they might have shut it down all together.

Last edited by Happydinks; 11-07-2012 at 09:26 AM. Reason: End quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #2256
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Happydinks;46650715]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydinks View Post
I know that BLT owners are not happy about allowing all DVC members up there, but IMHO, if it wasn't being used enough by the people staying there, and not enough $$ was being made at the lounge, they might have shut it down all together.
I have to agree Happydinks.....being a BLT owner I was initially miffed about it. But I support any action/policy that will help keep TOWL open. It's a great perk of the resort

Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #2257
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

To the DVC peeps....
I'm pretty happy about being able to book and make wait lists for the RCI exchanges on the Member site--anyone else ?

Old 11-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #2258
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
We went looking today and found a nice Hyundai Sonata that I liked and the salesman was very nice, did not push us at all especially since we told him we were just seeing what there was and getting a little education on the different brands.
There was a Nissan Altima that I drove, but there was another one I kinda liked better that I did not drive, but the two salesmen we dealt with really were pushy and turned my husband off real fast.
Then we went to our Chevy dealership and they had an Impala there that was exactly what I wanted. Plus another salesman that was great and did not push us, just gave us the info we wanted. Kati likes the Impala.
I don't know how much more we will look around. There is a couple of more dealerships that we will probably go to, but we have a little more education on the vehicles.
Consumer Reports is a great tool to use when looking at a new car. They don't allow any advertising on their pages, so they don't have to worry about being seen as in the pocket to automakers who might advertise with them. The take into account everything from gas mileage to reliability and all points in between. I wouldn't take their views as gospel, per se, but they surely can help steer your thinking.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #2259
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Gearing up for storm #2 in the span of about one week !!! Just heard 3-5 inches of snow (with rain/sleet/high winds). Gusting winds inland 40-50 mph. Even stronger winds for the Jersey coast ! For my Groupie friends that will be affected---please stay safe !
Dreaming of WDW.......35 more days !!!!!
Ugh. Yesterday I heard we wouldn't get anything and now today they are saying 2-5". Gosh I hate snow!!!!! I too hope everyone will be okay!

Quote:

DLI - hope that all things are starting to settle out for you now! That was a double whammy!
Thanks HD!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #2260
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Kat4Disney
I have sorta been missing on the groupies for the past couple days. Praying for the Drs. prognosis to be on track and your DH comes out all the stronger for it.
Quote:
Yes, Kat4, your husband and you are in my prayers for a successful treatment. And HOPE is a good thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
KAT You know you have my prayers. Stay strong, live well friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
My prayers are with your DH that everything goes well with the treatment.
Quote:
Prayers for you all! We understand from personal experience what you are going through right now. Sending positive thoughts and energy your way!
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers JT, Muushka, Eliza, DLI and Happydinks. The battles are ongoing both in our house and with other family members. My BIL that I previously posted about having colon cancer just learned that he has a new tumor in his hip so he'll be starting chemo again. So many reminders to live for and enjoy today because we have no idea what will be coming in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Found out that both my Aunt and FIL had to go into the hospital while we were gone.
Wow DLI! Prayers going out to you and your family. Hopefully your FIL's infections clears soon and he gets his strength back and that the tumor is benign. And your poor Aunt. The first stone removal sounds like a bad nightmare. Hopefully it went well this morning and that the other surgery can happen soon and help relieve her pain.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #2261
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:

Another note on the wreck. . . I have been feeling pretty good this week. The soreness is less and I am hoping my chiropractor will work that little bit out.
Thanks for the continued thoughts.
Funny you mention the Impala. I travel and rent cars frequently (both work and sometimes play) so I do drive quite a few different cars thru out the year. On our trip to FL a few weeks ago I had rented thru the Emerald Aisle and the options to pick at the time were all full size sedan type cars. One was Red and I figured it would stand out from the sea of white and grey - and it was an Impala. It ended up even getting a nick name because I really enjoyed driving it! It handled well and became the Red Bullet. And never a single problem finding it in the parking lot! The red Chevy had was much more vibrant than the few other red cars we saw.

Hope the Chiro gets you straightened out!

Quote:
I know that BLT owners are not happy about allowing all DVC members up there, but IMHO, if it wasn't being used enough by the people staying there, and not enough $$ was being made at the lounge, they might have shut it down all together.
We do own some BLT points and from the beginning I thought it ought to be opened up so no mad owner here! But I'm an odd ball because I never liked the lock down going on in the building either. I think being in the business we always questioned viability if the only clientele allowed were those staying at BLT. How was service? It's been abysmal every time I've been - even when there weren't any people there and recent reports I've seen don't indicate a change. That's the disappointing part for us - well, other than the layout.

Quote:
To the DVC peeps....
I'm pretty happy about being able to book and make wait lists for the RCI exchanges on the Member site--anyone else ?
I poked around a bit this morning just to see. It's a nice option and maybe we'd use it now and then whereas before I would have skipped it entirely.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #2262
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
To the DVC peeps....
I like being able to see things for myself, and not having to call all the time just to "see." But it does make it obvious how little there really is. I still don't know if I'll use it...I like using my points in WDW too much, but it does give me something to do! Hahaha
Old 11-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #2263
Happydinks

Quote:
We do own some BLT points and from the beginning I thought it ought to be opened up so no mad owner here! But I'm an odd ball because I never liked the lock down going on in the building either. I think being in the business we always questioned viability if the only clientele allowed were those staying at BLT. How was service? It's been abysmal every time I've been - even when there weren't any people there and recent reports I've seen don't indicate a change. That's the disappointing part for us - well, other than the layout.
We were actually quite happy with the service at BLT. Now that they have the check-in there as opposed to the Contemporary - that's how we ended up with the room that we did - the cast member was very helpful in getting it for us. Now, what I will say is that the furniture/rooms are not holding up well there - not as well as at the Lodge. I believe that was a complaint from the get go - the furniture is uncomfortable and it's really taking a bad beating. Some of that is from the big windows and the unrelenting sun - but IMHO it's that the stuff was gotten on the "cheap" - looked good initially but not good for the hard wear and tear of time share. It was a nice place to spend the first 4 days of the trip - esp with going to MNSSHP and being able to walk back to the room - as opposed to me having a meltdown on the dock waiting for a boat to get back to the Lodge (which has happened!)

We found out from one of the housekeeping supervisors at the Lodge that all the Villas rooms are going to be completely remodeled in 2014 - they did the hotel rooms this past year. She said that they are going to try and make it so that (somehow) they'll be able to sleep 5 in a 1 bedroom - maybe reconfigure some of the rooms, put down hardwoods throughout the rooms, etc. We'll see how that works out.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #2264
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers JT, Muushka, Eliza, DLI and Happydinks. The battles are ongoing both in our house and with other family members. My BIL that I previously posted about having colon cancer just learned that he has a new tumor in his hip so he'll be starting chemo again. So many reminders to live for and enjoy today because we have no idea what will be coming in the future.

Wow DLI! Prayers going out to you and your family. Hopefully your FIL's infections clears soon and he gets his strength back and that the tumor is benign. And your poor Aunt. The first stone removal sounds like a bad nightmare. Hopefully it went well this morning and that the other surgery can happen soon and help relieve her pain.
FIL got good news today that he doesn't have any infection around his pacemaker. He will be getting a biopsy on his kidney. MIL says it will have to be removed no matter what. He is in good spirits though.
My aunt had 4 stones removed today and tomorrow gets another stubborn one removed along with the gall bladder. I didn't get to see her but they said it took her awhile to come out from the anesthesia because of her being on so much pain medication.
Thanks for your concern Kat and I sure hope the chemo goes okay for your BIL.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #2265
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We found out from one of the housekeeping supervisors at the Lodge that all the Villas rooms are going to be completely remodeled in 2014 - they did the hotel rooms this past year. She said that they are going to try and make it so that (somehow) they'll be able to sleep 5 in a 1 bedroom - maybe reconfigure some of the rooms, put down hardwoods throughout the rooms, etc. We'll see how that works out.
Wow HD, this is very interesting to hear

DLI....great news about your FIL's pacemaker and no infection. Continued get-well prayers to him and your aunt

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: