DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #211
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place
 
bookwormde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Good Morning Groupies! We're off to the Sunrise Safari this morning.
We are doing the sunrise Safari in June so up to date details would be appriciated. Ending our trip at VWL. AKV/BCV/VWL
__________________
bookwormde is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #212
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Good Morning Groupies! We're off to the Sunrise Safari this morning.
Say hello to the animals from Muush Enjoy
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #213
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran
 
Pirate Granny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 908

I snagged the first four days in a WL studio...am waiting to wait list the last day, Dec 2...what do u think my chances will be? Hubby doesn't want to move the last night (wer're at BCV for that last night)... So excited and surprised to get the first four...was going to wait list the whole stay!
__________________
Pirate Granny is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #214
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,886

Pixie dust for that last remaining day.
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #215
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran
 
BWV Dreamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
I snagged the first four days in a WL studio...am waiting to wait list the last day, Dec 2...what do u think my chances will be? Hubby doesn't want to move the last night (wer're at BCV for that last night)... So excited and surprised to get the first four...was going to wait list the whole stay!
I have a wait list ongoing for Tuesday Dec. 4 for a studio. Two months still waiting.
__________________
Hope

BWV Dreamin is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #216
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran
 
Pirate Granny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 908

That must be a popular week...darn, my second choice is Jambo House, which is available for our entire trip....may have to reconsider. I'm a balcony person...although we bought BCV for the pool but VWL is my next resale...three girls, need three resorts I may just try to move to BLT...hummmm
__________________
Pirate Granny is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #217
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,844

Hi everyone! Just back from Old Key West. Really enjoyed the resort, even though it was a very quick visit! My villa was directly across from the Hospitality House .....so convenient to everything!

Played Sorcerers of the MK. It was fun, but boy some people are really taking it very seriously! lol...even old ladies in scooters!

Didn't get over to see our Lodge..that will be in June. Having this little taste of the world has made me hungry for my June trip.

I have a job interview for a teaching position at a local private school on tuesday. They are on a college schedule which would leave me plenty of time for Disney trips! I bit the bullet and retired from public school service. That just feels WEIRD!

Hope everyone down in the world is having a great time.

Eliza? How are things? Been thinking of you....
__________________
blossomz is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #218
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink
 
Corinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 1,789

Hi Blossom~

Sounds like a fun quick trip! It sure makes it easier to leave WDW when you have another trip planned (and so close too!!) Good luck with your interview.
__________________
Corinne - DVC Member Since 2001



Corinne is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #219
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,844

Thanks Corinne!
__________________
blossomz is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #220
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,886

Quote:
Played Sorcerers of the MK


Never heard of it. Call me ignorant! Can you tell me what this is?

Best wishes for your interview. Sounds like a whole new world of teaching!
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #221
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,844

SORCERER GAME: It's cool! You collect a set of cards and a key card. The key card allows you to enter the portals located around the MK. The portals come alive and you have to fight the villain to protect the kingdom. After each battle, it tells you where to go next. It is all very individual and you can play different times and have different battles. There are a total of 75 (I think) cards to collect. The last 10 or 11 are rare and believe it or not, they are selling them on eBay! But it was fun talking to people and trading cards! I saw little old ladies in their scooters playing and trading! Each day, you can go back and get 5 new cards. They are in the firehouse and up in liberty square. It was a lot of fun! Similar in a way to Kim Possible and the games on the cruise ships with the enchanted art.
__________________

Last edited by blossomz; 04-29-2012 at 07:51 PM.
blossomz is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #222
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran
 
Dizny Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormde View Post
We are doing the sunrise Safari in June so up to date details would be appriciated. Ending our trip at VWL. AKV/BCV/VWL
We met in the Lodge lobby and departed about 7:15 via bus to the Animal Kingdom Park. After a brief drive behind the scene, we boarded the Kilimanjaro Safari trucks. There were about 50 in our group using 2 buses/trucks. The safari is the same route as the ride - just slower with plenty of opportunity for picture taking. We were in the trucks about an hour and 15 minutes. At the end of the safari we were escorted to a wonderful buffet breakfast at Pizzafari. The buffet was first class all the way. You won't be disappointed!

We also are ending our stay at VWL.

Muush-while we haven't done it yet, I am of the understanding the Sorcerer experience is to Magic Kingdom what Kim Possible is to Epcot.
__________________


[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Dizny Dad is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #223
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
SORCERER GAME: It's cool! You collect a set of cards and a key card. The key card allows you to enter the portals located around the MK. The portals come alive and you have to fight the villain to protect the kingdom. After each battle, it tells you where to go next. It is all very individual and you can play different times and have different battles. There are a total of 75 (I think) cards to collect. The last 10 or 11 are rare and believe it or not, they are selling them on eBay! But it was fun talking to people and trading cards! I saw little old ladies in their scooters playing and trading! Each day, you can go back and get 5 new cards. They are in the firehouse and up in liberty square. It was a lot of fun! Similar in a way to Kim Possible and the games on the cruise ships with the enchanted art.
Sounds like fun. We need to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
We met in the Lodge lobby and departed about 7:15 via bus to the Animal Kingdom Park. After a brief drive behind the scene, we boarded the Kilimanjaro Safari trucks. There were about 50 in our group using 2 buses/trucks. The safari is the same route as the ride - just slower with plenty of opportunity for picture taking. We were in the trucks about an hour and 15 minutes. At the end of the safari we were escorted to a wonderful buffet breakfast at Pizzafari. The buffet was first class all the way. You won't be disappointed!

We also are ending our stay at VWL.

Muush-while we haven't done it yet, I am of the understanding the Sorcerer experience is to Magic Kingdom what Kim Possible is to Epcot.
We need to that one of these days! I just can't get Mr Muush off of the verandah of the cruise ship!
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #224
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
I snagged the first four days in a WL studio...am waiting to wait list the last day, Dec 2...what do u think my chances will be? Hubby doesn't want to move the last night (wer're at BCV for that last night)... So excited and surprised to get the first four...was going to wait list the whole stay!
We waitlisted the same time frame for a 1BR back in 2010, and though it took a few months, our waitlist came through toward the end of summer (late August, I believe). So, hang in there!
__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



sleepydog25 is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #225
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
We met in the Lodge lobby and departed about 7:15 via bus to the Animal Kingdom Park. After a brief drive behind the scene, we boarded the Kilimanjaro Safari trucks. There were about 50 in our group using 2 buses/trucks. The safari is the same route as the ride - just slower with plenty of opportunity for picture taking. We were in the trucks about an hour and 15 minutes. At the end of the safari we were escorted to a wonderful buffet breakfast at Pizzafari. The buffet was first class all the way. You won't be disappointed!

We also are ending our stay at VWL.

Muush-while we haven't done it yet, I am of the understanding the Sorcerer experience is to Magic Kingdom what Kim Possible is to Epcot.
Le, Mom and I did the Sunrise Safari back on our May trip in 2009. We also did the safari around the Savannas at AKL the evening before. I got great photos from each safari and the food on both was great. Hope yours was as great as our experience was.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: