DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #2221
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post

As soon as we have an idea of the settlement, we should be able to look for another car. We have always been GM lovers and have had Buicks or Chevrolets since we have been married and even before. DH is seriously thinking about looking at Nissans or Toyotas for the gas mileage.
Any feedback from the groupies?????
Have owned Toyotas and Hondas going on nearly 30 years now, and they're wonderful autos overall. Have a '97 Toyota 4Runner with 190K miles and still going strong. My Hondas have also given me similar life and stress-free ownership. More than the mpg, I've enjoyed the reliability of them all. Good luck with your search.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:31 AM   #2222
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:

As soon as we have an idea of the settlement, we should be able to look for another car. We have always been GM lovers and have had Buicks or Chevrolets since we have been married and even before. DH is seriously thinking about looking at Nissans or Toyotas for the gas mileage.
Any feedback from the groupies?????
Our first "non-american made" vehicle was a 2006 Toyota Prius. Bought it new and it now has over 140,000 miles and going strong. We are thinking at least another 140,000. It has been wrecked a couple of times and survived. And the mpg has deteriorated over the years from 52 mpg to 43. But still... This is Rebecca's car - I still like my pick up trucks.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #2223
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Still well below normal temps for this time of year, but we're thankful the brunt of Sandy was blunted in our area. Some cold, cloudy, and windy weather is far better than the pour souls trying to get back on track in NY, NJ, and beyond.

To ease the cold weather crunch we're feeling, however, an airplane with our name on it (figuratively, at least) is heading south to MCO come Thursday morning. We're ready!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #2224
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Kathy - so glad to hear the doctor gave you the all clear except for the aches & pains. Praying that will go away quickly.

I have a Nissan Murano. Can't say it's the best on gas mileage because it is an SUV but it's been a really good car & I'll get another one after I finish driving this one into the ground! It's a 2003 with 89K miles on it so it still has several good years left in it. I've owned a Nissan Altima. I really liked that car too & it did get good gas mileage. My niece has one now & really likes it. You can't go wrong with a Honda either. DH just got rid of our '99 Accord in the spring. It was a great car right up until this last year & then it did start to have major repair issues. He traded it in for a Honda Civic. He's been very happy with that car so far. He has a long commute & he says it gets very good gas mileage. Happy shopping!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #2225
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Kathy, I'm so glad that you are not in any pain. And you are turning your lemons into lemonade!
New car shopping!!

I am a Nissan/Datsun (shows how old I am!) kind of gal. The 2013 Nissan Altima gets excellent gas mileage.
Enjoy!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #2226
twokats
DIS Veteran

Saw some really nice airplanes today, but did not stay very long. . . but long enough for my stiff muscles. The carlot we used before has changed again from a Chev/Buick dealer to Chrysler/Dodge, so we did not even stop and look. Disappointed us in a way, but I am sure we will look next weekend or possibly in between.

Have had a nice day today, although we had a storm this afternoon with some slight hail, but not very big, so am not worried about any damage.

Thanks, for the advice on the foreign car issue. I can assure you it will not be a SUV type vehicle. I don't care for them plus that is what hit me in the Monte Carlo!! I have heard of the Altima and will check that out. Keep the opinions coming and thanks.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 11-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #2227
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Hi Groupies! Doing a little catch up after having a trip to WDW and then a rather crazy week since getting back. (We did fit in a quick stop at the Lodge which was lovely as ever!). We first had a stop in MN were DH and I met with his Dr. for a follow up on his surgery. We learned that when the additional testing was done on the lymph nodes they discovered that it were in fact 2 of 42 rather than just 1 that tested positive for cancer. However the Dr. still remains optimistic of a postive outcome with the hormone therapy he is recommending for the next 2 years. We just try and remain positive and will continue the fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
This is for Kathy and any other corgi lovers out there! Hope everyone has a great Halloween!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/C...176184661.html
Loved this DLI!!!! While looking at the pictures I kept trying to figure out what my boys would think of a costume. I couldn't decide if they'd show off or just sit and refuse to move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
I want a Corgi so bad I can taste it!! Those pups are so cute!
There's rarely been a dog I've met that I didn't like but I gotta say Corgi's have absolutely won me over. Charming Clowns was the description I found when first learning about the Cardigan Corgi's and it's absolutely true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretPoohLove View Post
I am still recovering from losing my precious Corgi last month, (and my other 3 years ago) and these pictures made me smile and cry. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Only a dog lover can truly understand that. I had a silver female German Shepherd pup when I got married. Putting her down at the age of 13 was the second hardest thing I have ever had to do. It took twenty years before I got my next Shepherd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
My good groupie news for the day is our waitlist just came through for our additional night on 12/19!!! I'm happy we won't have to move. If we can somehow be lucky enough to snag one of those fantastic corner rooms like we had last year I will be the happiest girl at the Lodge! This will be our longest stay so far 9 days & 8 glorious nights.
Awesome!!! Our trip was supposed to be 8 nights but last minute turned into 9. It felt like a decadent luxury to have so much time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Here is an update on the cruise to nowhere. DCL had offered all cruiser's on that nightmare of a cruise a 25% discount on a future 3 night cruise. The offer was meaningless to me and my family who have sworn off DCL. After several emails and phone calls, DCL has agreed to extend the discount to a 3 night stay at WDW. And the latest word is that DCL has initiated a full blown inquiry about the two fateful cruises that were sailed into the wake of Sandy.
First - let me add my welcome to the Groupies! And what a nightmare cruise. I would have been furious also.

Quote:
At first I thought you meant the movie On the Beach (Gregory Peck ).

I love Monsters Inc. Thank you for the heads up!
I find that movie facinating. But rather different from watching a movie "on the beach"!

Quote:
Just needed some groupie hugs.
So glad you're ok Kathy!!! How scary! I hope that the aches and pains go away quickly and that they remain the worst you have to deal with. And the new car shopping. I realized just a few months ago that since I sold my Mazda 626 many years ago I've been driving American made. And always happy with my selections. There are many domestic models that get great gas mileage too - mostly GM. So - can't help with any foreign model recommendations but hope you have fun with the search.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #2228
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Hi Groupies! Doing a little catch up after having a trip to WDW and then a rather crazy week since getting back. (We did fit in a quick stop at the Lodge which was lovely as ever!). We first had a stop in MN were DH and I met with his Dr. for a follow up on his surgery. We learned that when the additional testing was done on the lymph nodes they discovered that it were in fact 2 of 42 rather than just 1 that tested positive for cancer. However the Dr. still remains optimistic of a postive outcome with the hormone therapy he is recommending for the next 2 years. We just try and remain positive and will continue the fight.
Thoughts, prayers and hugs Kathy ! Helping to foster that positivity !!!! Hope is a wonderful thing

Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #2229
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Thoughts, prayers and hugs Kathy ! Helping to foster that positivity !!!! Hope is a wonderful thing
Thank you Maria!

Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #2230
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Kat4Disney
I have sorta been missing on the groupies for the past couple days. Praying for the Drs. prognosis to be on track and your DH comes out all the stronger for it.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #2231
Muushka

Yes, Kat4, your husband and you are in my prayers for a successful treatment. And HOPE is a good thing!

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #2232
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post

I have a Nissan Murano. Can't say it's the best on gas mileage because it is an SUV but it's been a really good car & I'll get another one after I finish driving this one into the ground! It's a 2003 with 89K miles on it so it still has several good years left in it. I've owned a Nissan Altima. I really liked that car too & it did get good gas mileage. My niece has one now & really likes it. You can't go wrong with a Honda either. DH just got rid of our '99 Accord in the spring. It was a great car right up until this last year & then it did start to have major repair issues. He traded it in for a Honda Civic. He's been very happy with that car so far. He has a long commute & he says it gets very good gas mileage. Happy shopping!
Quote:
I am a Nissan/Datsun (shows how old I am!) kind of gal. The 2013 Nissan Altima gets excellent gas mileage.
Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
foreign model recommendations but hope you have fun with the search.

KAT You know you have my prayers. Stay strong, live well friend.

Muush you're not the only one who remembers the old "Datsun" label.
I had an old Datzun 240z for a hot minute. It was actually my older brothers but I happened to be able to take advantage of it when he enlisted in the Navy and had to do basic training. Wonderful sister that I am, I stepped up to the plate and offered to take care of it. the sacrafices we make for our loved ones.

Anyhoo, we still love our nissans. Sid has a 17 year old maxima with 250K miles on it, I have a nissan rougue and the had an altima. He also had a classic ford mustang that we had to genuflect upon passing but that's another story.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #2233
Muushka

Ahhhhh. Datsun 240Z. Sweet car. I worked for a doc who had a 260Z and he let me drive it about once a week.
But it was an automatic!!! What in the world was that man thinking??

~Remember 9/11/2012
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #2234
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

I remember Datsun too
My cousin loved those Datsun 240z's. He had 2. I remember riding with him once and rocking to some Molly Hatchet, Flirting With Disaster

I always wanted at 77 Black Trans Am with the gold bird on the hood(like the Smokey and the Bandit version). Starting to get a recurring theme here, redneck

A buddy that is a CM from AL. who once worked at WL(now at Chef Mickeys) told me he didnt consider me to be a redneck, but rather a hillbilly. I asked him the difference, he explained redneck was a state of mind, hillbilly was a way of life. I guess thats a compliment
Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #2235
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy
I remember Datsun too
My cousin loved those Datsun 240z's. He had 2. I remember riding with him once and rocking to some Molly Hatchet, Flirting With Disaster

I always wanted at 77 Black Trans Am with the gold bird on the hood(like the Smokey and the Bandit version). Starting to get a recurring theme here, redneck

A buddy that is a CM from AL. who once worked at WL(now at Chef Mickeys) told me he didnt consider me to be a redneck, but rather a hillbilly. I asked him the difference, he explained redneck was a state of mind, hillbilly was a way of life. I guess thats a compliment
Not a 77 Trans Am, but the 32 year old car I referenced in an earlier post is an '81 Camaro I bought new off the show room floor in Waco, Texas. Twenty years ago I thought about selling it, but just could not make myself do it. Now it is part of the family and getting rid of it is not an option. It has the t-roof and the still operable 8-track tape player and loves the open highway.

Never had a Datsun.

Not sure about that redneck/hillbilly comment, but I guess we will go with compliment.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: