DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #2056
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
PS: oh, and I need more points....just sayin' !!!!
Story of my DIS-life.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #2057
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Story of my DIS-life.
Me too

BTW, 43 days to go, just sayin
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #2058
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
I'm so sorry 2Kats, about your icon burning. I had to look it up so I would know what you are talking about. Sad.
I'm glad you were able to see it this year.
He has been at the fair since before I was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Twokats
Sorry to hear your news. I never have seen him personally but remember seeing him through the years off and on.

BTW, your Cowboys are in our neck of the woods playing the Panthers this Sun.
Not as big on the Cowboys as my kids are. But they are our team!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
I, too, Kathy am sorry to hear your news.

We have a similar 'legend'; Mr. Jing-A-Ling.....on Halle's 7th floor he'll be looking for you to turn the key. Every year at Christmastime Mr. Jing-A-Ling would be a public character persona. Our children met him once while Christmas shopping in Cleveland - or at least a younger version of the original. Mr. Jing-A-Ling has passed away, yesterday, I believe. Halle's (a large department store) is no longer in business and with his passing, so ends an era. .....
They have promised he will be back next year. Some people think it won't be the same, but DH and I think differently.

Quote:
That is sad news...sorry to hear Kathy
Thanks all. It was hard seeing the fire and then just the metal frame, but things happen.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 10-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #2059
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
I read your blog and loved Christopher ! Glad you had a wonderful time.
Thanks Maria! There's definitely more to come. I'm trying to get another couple of installments ready for Sunday & Monday. I can think of at least 4 or 5 more on the cruise alone, but we'll see how it goes.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #2060
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Now if only there would be some NHL hockey.
LOL, DLI, I know, my guys are pretty restless about it. I actually prefer college hockey......watching UNH vs BU right now!

Old 10-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #2061
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
He has been at the fair since before I was born.

Not as big on the Cowboys as my kids are. But they are our team!!

They have promised he will be back next year. Some people think it won't be the same, but DH and I think differently.

Thanks all. It was hard seeing the fire and then just the metal frame, but things happen.
What was the cause?

Old 10-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #2062
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
What was the cause?
They really think it was an electrical short in the mechanism that worked his mouth and arms, since the smoke and fire came out at his throat. It did not take long for it to spread to all the clothes and the rest is history!

But the mayor of Dallas and the state fair officials have all said Big Tex will be back next year bigger and better.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 10-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #2063
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
This is a sad day here in Texas.
Our icon "Big Tex" at our Texas State Fair burned today. They celebrated his 60th birthday at this years fair.

Don't know if this news will reach any of your states, but this is a huge news item here, especially for us since we are in the metroplex area of Dallas.

Luckily I was able to see him when DH took me to the fair last week. This is the last weekend of this years fair. As I said a sad day for Texas.
They had the picture in our paper. That is a shame that that happened. Glad they will bring him back though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
LOL, DLI, I know, my guys are pretty restless about it. I actually prefer college hockey......watching UNH vs BU right now!
We went to an ECHL game tonight. It was alot of fun! I would love to get to see UNH play! We are big fans of the vanReimsdyks.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #2064
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Twokats
Sorry to hear your news. I never have seen him personally but remember seeing him through the years off and on.

BTW, your Cowboys are in our neck of the woods playing the Panthers this Sun.
Caught the tail end of the game today. . . . really unusual for me, I am really good at missing it all, but Kati was very happy at the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
They had the picture in our paper. That is a shame that that happened. Glad they will bring him back though!
I know it made quite a bit of the national news. It will be interesting to see how close to the original he will be.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #2065
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

twokats
It was bittersweet as Tammy has been a lifelong Cowboys fan, but she was pulling hard for the Panthers
Old 10-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #2066
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
PS: oh, and I need more points....just sayin' !!!!
Me too! But don't tell DH I said that!

I had a wonderful trip to the World last week & as promised I did make it over to our happy place for a visit. All pics you've seen before I'm sure but it's not a bad way to start a Monday.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #2067
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

I have a question for any groupie out there. We are arriving on December 1, 2012 and have a late dinner at Be Our Guest. They will be taping the Christmas Parade then, I presume. What time do they stop taping for the day? And if there is no rain, will they have to tape on Sunday?

Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #2068
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
I have a question for any groupie out there. We are arriving on December 1, 2012 and have a late dinner at Be Our Guest. They will be taping the Christmas Parade then, I presume. What time do they stop taping for the day? And if there is no rain, will they have to tape on Sunday?
I think they usually stop by 5 as it gets dark soon after, and they typically like to make it seem live, middle of the day, to make it like same part of the day when it is shown on TV.

And they do shoot next day if needed because of rain.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #2069
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

horselover
Loving the pics!!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:30 PM   #2070
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Thanks Julie for the pictures! They were perfect for beginning the week.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: