DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #2026
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks
 
DiznyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeastern Ohio
Posts: 2,220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disney View Post
Does anyone know if WL is still doing Flag Family?
During our May stay they were NOT doing Flag Family due to roof repairs. However Ranger Jack assured us they would resume as soon as it was safe to have families back on the roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Ok, I'm in!! To say I need this would be a major understatement. Any particular week?

Now I need some opinions. From what I understand December is a busy time for dvc'ers. since sid and rizzo have always been students we've never been able to go during that month, so I'm not sure how availablity works.

My home resort is actually Beach club (you wouldn't know it. ) so I can book that at 11 months and be fairly certain of getting a week in december.

So would you go with the almost sure thing at BC, if I want WL I'd have to wait 7 months out. smaller resort might mean it's full.
So nice to have you back Eliza! I got so excited seeing your post that I didn't read any further on the thread! I agree with JT, book the sure thing and attempt to change at 7 months. You'll probably have a pretty good chance of getting VWL if you try exactly at 7 months.... not 7 months and 1 day. Any chance you can squeak a trip in this December?
__________________
DiznyDi is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #2027
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
I did the 3 day Buck Baker school at Rockingham and got a real thrill, as the sun was setting low we came out of turn 1, sun in my eyes, and we approached end or turn 2, no sun, all I saw was concrete wall coming up fast on my side

So I got a scare I will never forget, but still get thrilled by TT
Now that would have been thrilling!

rfassett, as far as your question, well, to be honest our WDW trips have dwindled.
But our last visit was just under 1 year ago and WE ARE READY TO GO THIS DECEMBER!!! Very excited.
And really looking forward to that premium AP.

May your 48 hours FLY!
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #2028
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,290

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
I have not been able to frequent Disney as much as I would like, and obvioulsy not as much as some of you. But my plan is to change that. But here is my question, do you frequent visitors still get overly excited about going? (And as I typed that question, I thought about how it sounded - clearly you would not keep going if the excitement wasn't there.) Here's what prompted my question, we have been planning this trip since January I think. And for the past two months, I have had my nose to the grindstone to make certain I could make the trip without guilt. Well, two hours ago I was finally able to look up with confidence that everything is done that needs done and it feels like the clocks just completely stopped ticking - and our flight is not until Thursday afternoon. Methinks this is going to be a very long forty eight hours.
The minute Kati knows she is doing anything related to WDW or Disney in general the excitement starts as do the countdowns!
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #2029
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to
 
sleepydog25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Twixt here and there
Posts: 3,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
Never fear, the track layout is still the same (far too expensive to change), in fact the cars are still the same, just with a new body and screens inside. What's new is the "You are the engineer" approach. We "design" our virtual cars in the waiting line and then the ride compares our car design up against others. The cool thing is that we get to keep the design. I'm guessing this means some sort of online database we can retrieve it from.

I loved that waiting queue for the old TT. Coming from an engineering family it never bored me and kept me awake, although at times it did get too loud. My concern for the new version is really that they have taken too much of the fun out of the ride - I'm uncertain if they'll have the heat/cold/acid test. I'm guessing the oncoming truck is gone and the small jokes will be gone but may not have new replacements to make us grin.

I'm glad to hear that TT won't completely alter its format--someone needs to teach their writers the art of clarity. At any rate, whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopygirl
Also.....what do you usually make as a room request? I would love to be on the lake side on an upper floor.
That was a great link Kathymford provided! Additionally, we generally make a lake side, pool view request for the third or fourth floor. Such rooms have nice views of the lake and Hidden Springs pool ("Is the hot tub uncrowded?"). However, most rooms' views are mostly of trees and as a general rule are quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett
I have not been able to frequent Disney as much as I would like, and obvioulsy not as much as some of you. But my plan is to change that. But here is my question, do you frequent visitors still get overly excited about going? (And as I typed that question, I thought about how it sounded - clearly you would not keep going if the excitement wasn't there.) Here's what prompted my question, we have been planning this trip since January I think. And for the past two months, I have had my nose to the grindstone to make certain I could make the trip without guilt. Well, two hours ago I was finally able to look up with confidence that everything is done that needs done and it feels like the clocks just completely stopped ticking - and our flight is not until Thursday afternoon. Methinks this is going to be a very long forty eight hours.
We love heading down to the World because each time has its own special memories: our first trip together, my first trip to see Christmas decorations, Food and Wine Festivals, engagement dinner, or simply taking in the smaller aspects of Disney such as the small thematic elements, riding EE five times in a row before park close, or walking hand in hand on the nature trail between VWL and FW. Is every visit a fever-pitch, thrill-a-minute bonanza? No, but we revel in the more intimate moments that help define and enhance our relationship. Can hardly wait for Nov 8!
__________________
Patrick "aka" Sleepydog, Sleepy, or Slydog
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery



sleepydog25 is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #2030
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran
 
MiaSRN62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Lansdale, PA (just outside Philly)
Posts: 11,008

eliza....so happy to see you here

To Muushka..Di and Dad....
I just was able to work out my FL/WDW dates for Dec. We fly in Dec 12 (later evening---hubby had to work that day), then we leave on Dec 19 in afternoon. But, in between, on the weekend of 12/15 and 12/16 we will spend in Tallahassee visiting my dd and her fiance who have to work. It is my ONLY opportunity to see her for the holidays. So we're renting a car and driving back and forth Orlando to Tallahassee. If anyone is in WDW Dec 13 & 14 and then again Dec 17 -19, those would be the best days for Rob and I to meet up with anyone. So sorry we will miss the meet. It was just such a last minute trip and working out everyone's work and vacation schedules was a tough one.
__________________
Maria


MiaSRN62 is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #2031
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks
 
DiznyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeastern Ohio
Posts: 2,220

Maria, we'll be there the 13th and 14th leaving late afternoon of the 15th. Where will you be staying? I have your cell - we'll have to try to meet.

tea pot - we've missed you, too! So sorry we'll not be seeing you in December. Our tentative WDW schedule for 2013 is October and December. The exact dates are uncertain at this time. Any plans for you to be in the World at either of these times?

Enjoy your day Groupies!
__________________
DiznyDi is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #2032
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Groupies!

We are home once again from the Caribbean, and had a wonderful, MAGICAL cruise. Can't wait for the next one. We absolutely loved the ship, and almost everything about our voyage.

I hope you're all doing well.
Welcome back Stopher!
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #2033
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
The minute Kati knows she is doing anything related to WDW or Disney in general the excitement starts as do the countdowns!
Me too
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #2034
rfassett
Mouseketeer
 
rfassett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GREENVILLE, PA
Posts: 314

Welcome back Stopher - glad you had a Magical time!
__________________
DVC SINCE 04/01

rfassett is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #2035
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Maria, we'll be there the 13th and 14th leaving late afternoon of the 15th. Where will you be staying? I have your cell - we'll have to try to meet.

tea pot - we've missed you, too! So sorry we'll not be seeing you in December. Our tentative WDW schedule for 2013 is October and December. The exact dates are uncertain at this time. Any plans for you to be in the World at either of these times?

Enjoy your day Groupies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
eliza....so happy to see you here

To Muushka..Di and Dad....
I just was able to work out my FL/WDW dates for Dec. We fly in Dec 12 (later evening---hubby had to work that day), then we leave on Dec 19 in afternoon. But, in between, on the weekend of 12/15 and 12/16 we will spend in Tallahassee visiting my dd and her fiance who have to work. It is my ONLY opportunity to see her for the holidays. So we're renting a car and driving back and forth Orlando to Tallahassee. If anyone is in WDW Dec 13 & 14 and then again Dec 17 -19, those would be the best days for Rob and I to meet up with anyone. So sorry we will miss the meet. It was just such a last minute trip and working out everyone's work and vacation schedules was a tough one.
Yes, include us in on this meet! I look forward to finally meeting Maria!!

Welcome back Stopher. How did you like the ship? Explorer, right? Glad you had a good cruise.
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #2036
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink
 
Corinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: MA
Posts: 1,849

Hiya Groupies! Sorry I haven't been around much...I have to admit, this is my typical MO, though, once the fall (and hockey season) starts I tend to be MIA for weeks. Hope you are all well...I have some catching up to do!
__________________
Corinne - DVC Member Since 2001


Corinne is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #2037
Happydinks
Just Bob and Leslie (Okay, Buddy and Gracie too!)
 
Happydinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Yes, include us in on this meet! I look forward to finally meeting Maria!!

All this talk of Christmas season Groupie meets makes me that it's going to be a few years before we can get back to one! But, the bright side is that we leave at zero dark thirty (actually 4 am) Friday for our two week trip. When we got to meet everyone two years ago - it was so much fun to put faces to names. Hopefully, the group meetings will still be going when we can FINALLY visit around the holiday season again.

Good to "see" you Eliza!
__________________
DUG and RUSSELL
Happydinks is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #2038
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydinks View Post
All this talk of Christmas season Groupie meets makes me that it's going to be a few years before we can get back to one! But, the bright side is that we leave at zero dark thirty (actually 4 am) Friday for our two week trip. When we got to meet everyone two years ago - it was so much fun to put faces to names. Hopefully, the group meetings will still be going when we can FINALLY visit around the holiday season again.

Good to "see" you Eliza!
Hiya Corinne and HD good to see you.

HD, please let us know how your cruise is! Tips are welcome (as we are going on it in June). Have fun!
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #2039
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran
 
Disney loving Iowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in Flyers and Phillies land!!!!!
Posts: 1,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
Hiya Groupies! Sorry I haven't been around much...I have to admit, this is my typical MO, though, once the fall (and hockey season) starts I tend to be MIA for weeks. Hope you are all well...I have some catching up to do!
Now if only there would be some NHL hockey.
__________________
Disney loving Iowan is offline  
Old 10-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #2040
rfassett
Mouseketeer
 
rfassett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GREENVILLE, PA
Posts: 314

Just watched "Walt, The Man Behind The Myth" on the tube. That story never gets old. Thanks Walt and Company.

Well, in thirteen hours we will be heading to the airport and reach the Lodge by 7 tomorrow night.

Don't know how much I will get to sit with you all over the next week and a half and I see Berta has a birthday coming up - so Happy Birthday, Berta. Hope it is magical.

And for the the rest of you, enjoy your days and my prayer is that each day will be one of peace and tranquility (in other words, magical) for each and every one of you!

Talk soon!
__________________
DVC SINCE 04/01

rfassett is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: