DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #2011
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I understand what you're saying. The queue and theme of Test Track was actually one of my favorites at Disney. This sounds like it has a touch of Sum of all Thrills which I do like but I'm not seeing how this is all going to work for Test Track.

One of the late night news shows (maybe Nightline) had a visit to the GM Test Track last week. The old Test Track captured it perfectly and I already miss it.

But - from everything I've read the outside loop will still be there so I keep trying to convince myself there's nothing to fear.
Yes, that will be a new walking attraction called Walking the Concrete Loop where lucky guests can find lost hair ties, sunglasses, caps, and coins.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #2012
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
"The eagerly-awaited, reimagined Test Track will officially reopen on December 6. This re-engineered attraction will allow guests to experience the fun world of automotive design firsthand. Guests will first enter a Design Studio and make a series of selections (as an individual or a group) to create their ideal virtual custom concept vehicle. They then board a six-passenger SimCar for a test drive to see how their own design compares to the attractions SimCar in Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness and Power.
The post-show should be just as much fun. Guests can see how well their car performed, and race it over changing terrains and extreme conditions on a digital driving table. Guests can also produce and star in a TV commercial for their custom cars, explore a Chevrolet showroom that will feature the latest models, and more."

I have to say that I'm not sure this new iteration of Test Track will be to my liking. The way I read it, no longer will there be that 60 mph whiz around the outside track which was the coolest part of the ride. It seems as though it will all be virtual, and while that will likely be fun, it can't match actual wind blowing through your hair.
I didn't even take that into consideration! It will be solely virtual?? AAAAKKKKKKK
Mr Muush is so not going to be happy about this. Mum's the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Ok, I'm in!! To say I need this would be a major understatement. Any particular week?

Now I need some opinions. From what I understand December is a busy time for dvc'ers. since sid and rizzo have always been students we've never been able to go during that month, so I'm not sure how availablity works.

My home resort is actually Beach club (you wouldn't know it. ) so I can book that at 11 months and be fairly certain of getting a week in december.

So would you go with the almost sure thing at BC, if I want WL I'd have to wait 7 months out. smaller resort might mean it's full.
Yay!! I know for us, we will be going at the latest, the first week of Dec (AP will expire), but we have yet to make our cruise plans for next year so we aren't exactly sure what week. I need to pin Mr Muush down and figure out what we are doing.

So good to see you here.

Oh yes, I would book BCV just in case.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #2013
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
I have to say that I'm not sure this new iteration of Test Track will be to my liking. The way I read it, no longer will there be that 60 mph whiz around the outside track which was the coolest part of the ride. It seems as though it will all be virtual, and while that will likely be fun, it can't match actual wind blowing through your hair.
Quote:
I understand what you're saying. The queue and theme of Test Track was actually one of my favorites at Disney. This sounds like it has a touch of Sum of all Thrills which I do like but I'm not seeing how this is all going to work for Test Track.

But - from everything I've read the outside loop will still be there so I keep trying to convince myself there's nothing to fear.
Never fear, the track layout is still the same (far too expensive to change), in fact the cars are still the same, just with a new body and screens inside. What's new is the "You are the engineer" approach. We "design" our virtual cars in the waiting line and then the ride compares our car design up against others. The cool thing is that we get to keep the design. I'm guessing this means some sort of online database we can retrieve it from.

I loved that waiting queue for the old TT. Coming from an engineering family it never bored me and kept me awake, although at times it did get too loud. My concern for the new version is really that they have taken too much of the fun out of the ride - I'm uncertain if they'll have the heat/cold/acid test. I'm guessing the oncoming truck is gone and the small jokes will be gone but may not have new replacements to make us grin.

Quote:
Yes, that will be a new walking attraction called Walking the Concrete Loop where lucky guests can find lost hair ties, sunglasses, caps, and coins.
They should charge separate admission for the ability to retrieve one's own lost belongings.

I'm confused as to why they rebranded TT ... GM was the original sponsor of Test Track. The new sponsor is Chevrolet. But last time I checked, GM owns Chevrolet. Why bother
Old 10-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #2014
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Oh, good. I love Test Track. I did the Richard Petty Ride-A-Long where I went 150 MPH around Lowes Motor Speedway.
I prefer Test Track! Much more exciting.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #2015
RocketEAR99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
I'm confused as to why they rebranded TT ... GM was the original sponsor of Test Track. The new sponsor is Chevrolet. But last time I checked, GM owns Chevrolet. Why bother
Before closing TT for the overhaul, the showroom pretty much consisted of only Chevy vehicles. My guess is they are having it sponsored by JUST Chevrolet because they don't plan on showcasing Buicks and Cadillacs as well.
My past trips:WDW-1: Jun 1992 (Off Property), WDW-2: Aug 1997 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2007 (POP), WDW-4: Jan 2009 (SSR), WDW-5: May 2009 (BWV), WDW-6: Oct 2009 (AKV Kidani), WDW-7: Mar 2010 (BLT), WDW-8: Jan 2011 (AKV Kidani), WDW-9: May 2011 (SSR), WDW-10: Feb 2012 (OKW), WDW-11: Oct 2012 (VWL), WDW-12: May 2013 (BWV)

Me Maverick

Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #2016
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketEAR99 View Post
Before closing TT for the overhaul, the showroom pretty much consisted of only Chevy vehicles. My guess is they are having it sponsored by JUST Chevrolet because they don't plan on showcasing Buicks and Cadillacs as well.
Ah, I never realized they were only/mostly Chevys in there ... shows how much I pay attention to car brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Oh, good. I love Test Track. I did the Richard Petty Ride-A-Long where I went 150 MPH around Lowes Motor Speedway.
My daughter did that a couple years back when they had the 3 lap trial version at the Disney track. I believe that was the moment that switched her mind back to loving Disney again. (Hey! There's more to do than just the theme parks!) Now days her favorite thing to do is hang out at VWL's pool.

I want to amend my previous statment about the cars having new bodies - I pulled up some of the old car images to compare against one I have of the new and it just looks like a new paint job on the old bodies. Kind of Tron like.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #2017
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
And its good to have you back Eliza. We love you and continue to lift you and your sons up.
Yes - so true! Amen and amen!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #2018
rfassett
Mouseketeer

I have not been able to frequent Disney as much as I would like, and obvioulsy not as much as some of you. But my plan is to change that. But here is my question, do you frequent visitors still get overly excited about going? (And as I typed that question, I thought about how it sounded - clearly you would not keep going if the excitement wasn't there.) Here's what prompted my question, we have been planning this trip since January I think. And for the past two months, I have had my nose to the grindstone to make certain I could make the trip without guilt. Well, two hours ago I was finally able to look up with confidence that everything is done that needs done and it feels like the clocks just completely stopped ticking - and our flight is not until Thursday afternoon. Methinks this is going to be a very long forty eight hours.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #2019
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Me too!! I did the ride along at WDW when they had it free for passholders but I kept wondering when I was going to get the feeling in the pit of my stomach. A bit of a let down really compared to Test Track. I didn't not tell my driver though.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #2020
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
I have not been able to frequent Disney as much as I would like, and obvioulsy not as much as some of you. But my plan is to change that. But here is my question, do you frequent visitors still get overly excited about going? (And as I typed that question, I thought about how it sounded - clearly you would not keep going if the excitement wasn't there.) Here's what prompted my question, we have been planning this trip since January I think. And for the past two months, I have had my nose to the grindstone to make certain I could make the trip without guilt. Well, two hours ago I was finally able to look up with confidence that everything is done that needs done and it feels like the clocks just completely stopped ticking - and our flight is not until Thursday afternoon. Methinks this is going to be a very long forty eight hours.
Granted, I have only been to WDW 3 times (since last October. lol). But I am also local to DLR (25 minute drive; that's nothing in CA), and we go there at LEAST twice a month if not more.

The main reason we were able to start going to WDW was by joining DVC. Well, we just used up all of our points in September, and the next trip wasn't going to be until Dec 2013.

We are sacrificing DVC/Deluxe and booked under one of the new promotions and staying value just to go back to WDW. Did I mention we're coming all the way from Cali?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #2021
Snoopygirl
DIS Veteran

I was hoping someone could help me out.....

I'm looking for the floorplans for VWL so I can see where the 2BR's are located and what kind of views to request. Does anyone have a link? I'm going to be calling next Friday to make our reservation!!! SOOOO Excited cause we just added on points here (not enough...only 25 but it's a start) and this will be our first stay at the Lodge!!

Also.....what do you usually make as a room request? I would love to be on the lake side on an upper floor.

Last edited by Snoopygirl; 10-16-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #2022
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopygirl View Post
I was hoping someone could help me out.....

I'm looking for the floorplans for VWL so I can see where the 2BR's are located and what kind of views to request. Does anyone have a link? I'm going to be calling next Friday to make our reservation!!! SOOOO Excited cause we just added on points here (not enough...only 25 but it's a start) and this will be our first stay at the Lodge!!

Also.....what do you usually make as a room request? I would love to be on the lake side on an upper floor.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=10
Old 10-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #2023
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Groupies!

We are home once again from the Caribbean, and had a wonderful, MAGICAL cruise. Can't wait for the next one. We absolutely loved the ship, and almost everything about our voyage.

I hope you're all doing well.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #2024
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
We still get excited, with at least 20 trips under our belts, most of those as DVCers. We have friends who have owned since the early days of OKW ownership, at least 50 plus trips, and still excited.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #2025
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Me too!! I did the ride along at WDW when they had it free for passholders but I kept wondering when I was going to get the feeling in the pit of my stomach. A bit of a let down really compared to Test Track. I didn't not tell my driver though.
I did the 3 day Buck Baker school at Rockingham and got a real thrill, as the sun was setting low we came out of turn 1, sun in my eyes, and we approached end or turn 2, no sun, all I saw was concrete wall coming up fast on my side

So I got a scare I will never forget, but still get thrilled by TT

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: