DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #1996
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepath View Post
Hi Groupies. We were visiting our soon-to-be-home last week while vacationing at WDW. I was looking for a DVC check-in in the Lodge's lobby and didn't see a separate window or location. Do you just check in same as if staying at the Lodge?

Also while there I was so relieved to find roll-on Benadryl in the store. I had been bitten pretty badly by mosquitoes (I'm allergic) while staying at POR. After I got home I began to think maybe I only found the Benadryl at Wilderness because it has a mosquito problem. I really hope not. Have any of you experienced this?
Not seeing a moosie, I wonder if you are a new Goupie. If so, Welcome Home!!! If not, Welcome Home!!!

The last time I stayed at WL, which admittedly was far, far too long ago, check in was the same place for the Villas and the Lodge. The multiple times that I have stayed at WL I have not experienced a mosquito issue.

A Groupie with more recent experience can correct me if my information is dated.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #1997
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepath View Post
Hi Groupies. We were visiting our soon-to-be-home last week while vacationing at WDW. I was looking for a DVC check-in in the Lodge's lobby and didn't see a separate window or location. Do you just check in same as if staying at the Lodge?

Also while there I was so relieved to find roll-on Benadryl in the store. I had been bitten pretty badly by mosquitoes (I'm allergic) while staying at POR. After I got home I began to think maybe I only found the Benadryl at Wilderness because it has a mosquito problem. I really hope not. Have any of you experienced this?
There is no separate check-in for DVC members at the Lodge--just head up to the desk in the main Lodge lobby. We've never had much of a wait when checking in as they seem to staff the check-in desk fairly well. As for the mosquito issue, I've not noticed them in any particular numbers there. I have a 12-yr old daughter who is fairly susceptible to mosquito bites, and she's never had an issue, either.

Congrats on owning at VWL! It's our favorite place in the World. Welcome home! As others will say, come grab a rocker and sit a spell.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #1998
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Welcome to the groupies Firepath!!!
And Welcome Home, you picked a great place to call Home

As for mosquitos, we have never experienced a huge amount there. I know certain times of the year, normally warmer mos., we have seen some bugs flying but not mosquitos. I kid around my house and job that I am like a Golden Corral for mosquitos, they swarm around me We live in NC and refer to mosquitos as our state bird
Old 10-15-2012, 09:17 AM   #1999
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Welcome to the groupies Firepath!

Visit often and grab a Moosie for a siggy!

Quote:
Test Track to Reopen at Epcot on December 6
The eagerly-awaited, reimagined Test Track will officially reopen on December 6. This re-engineered attraction will allow guests to experience the fun world of automotive design firsthand. Guests will first enter a Design Studio and make a series of selections (as an individual or a group) to create their ideal virtual custom concept vehicle. They then board a six-passenger SimCar for a test drive to see how their own design compares to the attractions SimCar in Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness and Power.
The post-show should be just as much fun. Guests can see how well their car performed, and race it over changing terrains and extreme conditions on a digital driving table. Guests can also produce and star in a TV commercial for their custom cars, explore a Chevrolet showroom that will feature the latest models, and more.
And this sounds like it would be fun also. When we cruise, we follow the strings around the ship!
Quote:
Nova Era Offers a Classic Experience at Downtown Disney
Walking around Walt Disney World, you hear a wide variety of unforgettable sounds  from singing Tiki Birds to the whoosh of runaway trains. But did you know that you can hear the stirring sounds of classical music at Downtown Disney four nights each week?
Nova Era, a trio of classically trained musicians, perform Thursday through Sunday just outside Fultons Crab House (entertainment subject to change). Sometimes dressed in their 18th century costumes and powdered wigs (and sometimes in simple black) the trio updates Mozart, Vivaldi, Beethoven and Bach by adding drums, electric bass, and keyboards to traditional string instruments.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #2000
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Hi Guys
I can't believe I've been gone so long
Miss you all and need to catch up

Went to the White Mountains last week
no computer, and sadly no Moose Sightings
but did see some black bears on the mountain.
This lodge is just at the bottom of Cannon
in Franconia Notch, NH
Boy can the weather change on a dime up there
when we arrive it was picture postcard New England Autumn
the morning we left it was snowing a light dusting covered
the ski slops

Muushka
We've seen Nova Era a couple times and loved them

So sorry we will miss the Dec groupie meet
I told the Big Guy
I"m booking Dec 2013 right at the 11 month window
so I'm hoping you all will too

take care

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 10-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #2001
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Hi TP

Ah, my old stomping grounds. Kangamangus hwy, am I remembering correctly? Beautiful part of the country.

We will miss you this Dec, to be sure. We hope to see you there next year !

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #2002
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot
Hi Guys

Went to the White Mountains last week
no computer, and sadly no Moose Sightings
but did see some black bears on the mountain.
This lodge is just at the bottom of Cannon
in Franconia Notch, NH
Boy can the weather change on a dime up there
when we arrive it was picture postcard New England Autumn
the morning we left it was snowing a light dusting covered
the ski slops

Muushka
We've seen Nova Era a couple times and loved them

I told the Big Guy

take care
Count me in for booking at 11 moths for 2013!!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #2003
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

"The eagerly-awaited, reimagined Test Track will officially reopen on December 6. This re-engineered attraction will allow guests to experience the fun world of automotive design firsthand. Guests will first enter a Design Studio and make a series of selections (as an individual or a group) to create their ideal virtual custom concept vehicle. They then board a six-passenger SimCar for a test drive to see how their own design compares to the attractions SimCar in Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness and Power.
The post-show should be just as much fun. Guests can see how well their car performed, and race it over changing terrains and extreme conditions on a digital driving table. Guests can also produce and star in a TV commercial for their custom cars, explore a Chevrolet showroom that will feature the latest models, and more."

I have to say that I'm not sure this new iteration of Test Track will be to my liking. The way I read it, no longer will there be that 60 mph whiz around the outside track which was the coolest part of the ride. It seems as though it will all be virtual, and while that will likely be fun, it can't match actual wind blowing through your hair.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #2004
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Hi Guys

I told the Big Guy

take care
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Count me in for booking at 11 moths for 2013!!
Kati and I will be booking at the 11 month window also. We can't wait to do another December trip.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #2005
twokats
DIS Veteran

I took this on the Sept trip before we left, so I thought I would add it.

Ranger Jack

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 10-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #2006
Time4disney
Mouseketeer

Flag Family

Does anyone know if WL is still doing Flag Family?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:11 AM   #2007
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
"The eagerly-awaited, reimagined Test Track will officially reopen on December 6. This re-engineered attraction will allow guests to experience the fun world of automotive design firsthand. Guests will first enter a Design Studio and make a series of selections (as an individual or a group) to create their ideal virtual custom concept vehicle. They then board a six-passenger SimCar for a test drive to see how their own design compares to the attractions SimCar in Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness and Power.
The post-show should be just as much fun. Guests can see how well their car performed, and race it over changing terrains and extreme conditions on a digital driving table. Guests can also produce and star in a TV commercial for their custom cars, explore a Chevrolet showroom that will feature the latest models, and more."

I have to say that I'm not sure this new iteration of Test Track will be to my liking. The way I read it, no longer will there be that 60 mph whiz around the outside track which was the coolest part of the ride. It seems as though it will all be virtual, and while that will likely be fun, it can't match actual wind blowing through your hair.
I understand what you're saying. The queue and theme of Test Track was actually one of my favorites at Disney. This sounds like it has a touch of Sum of all Thrills which I do like but I'm not seeing how this is all going to work for Test Track.

One of the late night news shows (maybe Nightline) had a visit to the GM Test Track last week. The old Test Track captured it perfectly and I already miss it.

But - from everything I've read the outside loop will still be there so I keep trying to convince myself there's nothing to fear.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #2008
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Hi TP

Ah, my old stomping grounds. Kangamangus hwy, am I remembering correctly? Beautiful part of the country.

We will miss you this Dec, to be sure. We hope to see you there next year !
Ok, I'm in!! To say I need this would be a major understatement. Any particular week?

Now I need some opinions. From what I understand December is a busy time for dvc'ers. since sid and rizzo have always been students we've never been able to go during that month, so I'm not sure how availablity works.

My home resort is actually Beach club (you wouldn't know it. ) so I can book that at 11 months and be fairly certain of getting a week in december.

So would you go with the almost sure thing at BC, if I want WL I'd have to wait 7 months out. smaller resort might mean it's full.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #2009
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disney View Post
Does anyone know if WL is still doing Flag Family?
To the best of my knowledge, they are. I think I remember someone posting on here that they went up recently to the roof.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #2010
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Ok, I'm in!! To say I need this would be a major understatement. Any particular week?

Now I need some opinions. From what I understand December is a busy time for dvc'ers. since sid and rizzo have always been students we've never been able to go during that month, so I'm not sure how availablity works.

My home resort is actually Beach club (you wouldn't know it. ) so I can book that at 11 months and be fairly certain of getting a week in december.

So would you go with the almost sure thing at BC, if I want WL I'd have to wait 7 months out. smaller resort might mean it's full.
Just to be on the safe side, I would book BC then waitlist. Its a good, good chance you would get VWL, but I always like to guarantee I have somewhere to stay, just to play it safe.

And its good to have you back Eliza. We love you and continue to lift you and your sons up.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: