DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:18 AM   #1981
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
And sorry if there are any Washington Nationals fans among the Groupies, but we are just a tad bit excited about the Cardinals again. Quite a game last night.
Been a Cards fan since. . .well, let's just say quite a long while (I lived in Sedalia for three years as a child), and I thought they'd used up all their magic last year. Guess there was a little bit left over. . .

Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #1982
rfassett
Mouseketeer

And best wishes to all of the groupies that might still have a dog in the race of the baseball playoffs. As for me, I root for the perrenial losers - I love the Cleveland Indians. "Maybe next year". That quote was pre-recorded many, many years ago.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #1983
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
And best wishes to all of the groupies that might still have a dog in the race of the baseball playoffs. As for me, I root for the perrenial losers - I love the Cleveland Indians. "Maybe next year". That quote was pre-recorded many, many years ago.
There's always "Major League."

Old 10-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #1984
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Thanks ! My morning here in Phila started out quite cold in the 30's. Warmed up to the 50's ! Such a shock from my two weeks in FL and the Caribbean ! Trouble adjusting.

Our Di made the VWL Groupie emblem a few years ago. I was (once again) unable to make a scheduled meet at the VWL due to moving my daughter out of nearby FL Tech University in Melbourne. Di was kind enough to leave it at the WL front desk

******When are all of you meeting again ??? Believe it or not, I'm trying to plan a trip to WDW in mid Dec (with a visit to Tallahassee to visit my dd and her fiance in there too). I haven't been following your meets because I never thought a trip in Dec was in the stars for us. Only SSR is available at this time.......not surprising......
We're looking at 12/8 at BLT. Hope you can come!

I still feel so silly thinking that the ranger was Stan. I looked so quickly, felt so sad and began replying.
Silly me, as if you don't know Ranger Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Yep, we'll take you up as our guests! No problem!

Maria, DDad and I will be there until the 15th. Would love to see you!

Thinking of you Eliza We miss you and are here for you when you're ready.
Thank you! But I thought you needed to be staying on property? Just want to be sure!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #1985
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Sitting here finishing up some work and listening to Disney songs on Pandora. Just played Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's rendition of "Over the Rainbow". One of my all time favorite songs and Israel (RIP) really makes me want to fly over the rainbow. Wow!

Oh, and for some reason, I can't get my chair to rock. Wonder if I can get one of the lodge's rockers in my suitcase.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #1986
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Muushka
My understanding, from the DVC website is you must be on property, but you should be able to attend via Rich and Di(shhhh, we wont say a word)
Old 10-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #1987
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Granny,
You know I would have preferred my Braves in it, but glad Cards eliminated the Nats. Its that division rival deal

Really hope Tigers and Cards are the teams to make it
Old 10-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #1988
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
I think we can make it. We are at Epcot on Saturday and have dinner scheduled at Via Naopli @ 5:45 pm. So we might be a little late getting to the TOTWL, but it looks doable for us.
Excited yall can make it! We will be at Epcot that day too, eating at San Angel with friends from back home.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #1989
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Muushka
My understanding, from the DVC website is you must be on property, but you should be able to attend via Rich and Di(shhhh, we wont say a word)
Ok. We will trust our Groupies! I think maybe as we head over we will give a call.

Awwww. I just looked it up on my phone to see if I had DDi and DDad's phone number, but alas, no.
But, I put everyone under the Gr heading and there are tons of you all in there! DDi, PM on it's way!
(Thank goodness I can do those again! Come to think of it, I emailed. Better).

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #1990
anett
Mouseketeer

Boat Shuttle Transportation

Yahoo! Our split stay is no longer, the wait list came through and we will enjoy 8 full days at VWL! We would like to know if anyone can explain if/how we can take boat transportation to the other resorts. I read somewhere there is a boat to the contemporary. But is there one to MK and if so can we boat transfer to the other resorts on the lagoon. We would like to make a few more resses around the "lake", we have one already at Ohanas at 7:30am.... I sure hope there is a boat that early!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #1991
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anett View Post
Yahoo! Our split stay is no longer, the wait list came through and we will enjoy 8 full days at VWL! We would like to know if anyone can explain if/how we can take boat transportation to the other resorts. I read somewhere there is a boat to the contemporary. But is there one to MK and if so can we boat transfer to the other resorts on the lagoon. We would like to make a few more resses around the "lake", we have one already at Ohanas at 7:30am.... I sure hope there is a boat that early!!!
1st, congrats on that waitlist coming thru!!
Boats travel direct to MK from WL, also, a smaller boat travels to Contemporary and Fort Wilderness. You can do either. Boat to MK, then catch boat to Poly or GF. Or Boat to Contemporary, then monorail to Poly or GF. This would be faster, IMO. Depending on what time MK opens, depends on time when monorail and boats will run.

Let me say, have a great time at the Lodge!!

Also, if you want me too, I can add your dates to the 1st page if you want. If so, just send me a PM.

Last edited by jimmytammy; 10-14-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #1992
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Anett, I agree with Jimmy. And congratulations on the wait list coming through. Ours came through last week so we will not have a split stay either. Don't know if it is an issue for you, but the wait list coming through caused our dining plan to be cancelled and the only way I found out about it was the credit on my debit card. I immediately called Member services but that was the day they were down for maintenance. So I called the next day and got it fixed. So when will you be there? We arrive Thursday.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:39 PM   #1993
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Always had a soft spot in my heart for the Indians. We were fortunate enough to have Clevelands rookie minor league team in my hometown(Burlington, NC)for several seasons(maybe 15)before becoming Burlington Royals(KC affiliate)a few yrs ago. I got to see Manny Ramirez, Jim Thome, CC Sabathia, Mark Lewis, Richie Sexton among many other soon to be big leaguers on those teams. Those were some good days for baseball fans here locally.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #1994
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Yeah Jimmie, those were the days. I have been an Indians fan through the thick and thin, near and far. Folks in Houston would look at me funny when we lived there and it became known that I was an Indian's fan.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:17 AM   #1995
Firepath
Mouseketeer

Hi Groupies. We were visiting our soon-to-be-home last week while vacationing at WDW. I was looking for a DVC check-in in the Lodge's lobby and didn't see a separate window or location. Do you just check in same as if staying at the Lodge?

Also while there I was so relieved to find roll-on Benadryl in the store. I had been bitten pretty badly by mosquitoes (I'm allergic) while staying at POR. After I got home I began to think maybe I only found the Benadryl at Wilderness because it has a mosquito problem. I really hope not. Have any of you experienced this?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: