DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #1951
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Welcome to the groupies and Welcome Home nala1128!!! You couldnt have picked a finer resort
Old 10-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #1952
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
And speaking of Groupie meets, we had discussed Dec. 8th after 8 PM TOWL. DDad and I are good to go as is Muush and JT. I believe the day/time didn't suit for Kathy. Do we want to try for something else? Thoughts please. According to my countdown, I have only 57 days to go.......
I'm sorry Di - the 8th would work for me! I must have misread and thought you had suggested the 9th for TOTWL.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #1953
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

OK, I think I'm confused

I think - and I often get in trouble when I think - we are considering Saturday December the 8th - the day Muush arrives and the night before Kathy leaves. But I think my original posting suggested the 9th?

So how does Saturday evening December 8th after 8 PM at TOWL sound to those Groupies in the World?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #1954
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nala1128 View Post
Just wanted to pop on and say Hi!!! New VWL owners here... Just got onto the member site and booked our first DVC trip to VWL.. We have stated WL many times before and love it there so We finally took the plunge and bought DVC with VWL as our home resort!
to the groupies nala1128!

Hey groupies that got the Fastpass+ invite (I know there were a few) how did that work out? I think I might have missed your reports when you came back. I leave tomorrow but I didn't get an invitation. Just curious.

I will definitely be stopping by our happy place for a visit. I can't go to Disney & not go to the Lodge for at least a visit. Pictures will hopefully be forthcoming although I'm not sure I can possibly find anything I haven't already taken a picture of!

Only 68 more days until our Christmas stay!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #1955
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
to the groupies nala1128!

Hey groupies that got the Fastpass+ invite (I know there were a few) how did that work out? I think I might have missed your reports when you came back. I leave tomorrow but I didn't get an invitation. Just curious.

I will definitely be stopping by our happy place for a visit. I can't go to Disney & not go to the Lodge for at least a visit. Pictures will hopefully be forthcoming although I'm not sure I can possibly find anything I haven't already taken a picture of!

Only 68 more days until our Christmas stay!
For us it worked great. We chose 2 rides and 2 parades for our experiences.
I was told the tryout was only for 1 week and was sent to those using the Magical Express. None of the cast members could tell me how it would ultimately work in the future, but they said it was still in an imagineers head.

I wanted to try the parades to see how they did it. It was similar to the handicap area, but it was a great location and they really monitored it so that no one sneaked under or even very near the ropes and since they had specific numbers assigned for that event, it was not crowded like the handicap areas can be.

It was neat when the card was scanned, it showed the celebration and even though the kids were wearing their buttons, they got an extra Happy Birthday since it was noted on the Fastpass + card.

Another thing I liked is that if you forgot what time one of your experiences was, you could go to a machine and it would give you a list on the screen. I think it will be interesting to see how they finally decide to incorporate it.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 10-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #1956
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
OK, I think I'm confused

I think - and I often get in trouble when I think - . . . . . .
I take issue with that! Years ago DiznyDi thought we should make VWL one of our home resorts. Great Thinking!

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 10-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #1957
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Welcome back, Maria! Glad you had a great time and was able to get re-charged!
Thank you very much !

My hubby snapped this photo of me with one of the Rangers checking out of the VWL on Sept 29---can't remember his name ? Anyone ?

Last edited by MiaSRN62; 10-12-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #1958
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Maria, that is our beloved Ranger Stan. I will miss him not being there this year.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #1959
Snoopygirl
DIS Veteran

So excited......I called MS this morning to add on at VWL!!!!! I was really hoping for 50 pts but they only had 25. I took it!!!

We've never stayed here but I am hoping to switch from SSR to VWL at 7 months for our May/June 2013 trip. My mom is coming w/ us so I'm hoping we can get a 2BR Villa. Do you think I'll have any problems??

Woo-hoo.....love my DVC!

Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #1960
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Diane
The 8th will work for us, we may bring 2 friends from back home who will at WDW the same time if thats OK. They are on the fence about buying DVC so this may help push em over the edge

Barb
I wish that was Stan, he would still be here with us I have seen that fellow but cant remember his name, maybe Jim?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #1961
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Diane
The 8th will work for us, we may bring 2 friends from back home who will at WDW the same time if thats OK. They are on the fence about buying DVC so this may help push em over the edge

Barb
I wish that was Stan, he would still be here with us I have seen that fellow but cant remember his name, maybe Jim?
Oh my goodness, you are right. I looked so quickly and thought it was him.

AND I didn't catch the date. I need more coffee.........

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #1962
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Maria, that is our beloved Ranger Stan. I will miss him not being there this year.
Thanks Muushka......he was so nice....and he seemed so humbled when my husband and I asked to have a photo with him

Oh....not Stan...but now that I think of it, he sure does look like him. I tried to enlarge the photo to see the name badge, but it just gets too pixelated to make out.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #1963
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Nice to have you back with us Maria! I kept up with you via your FB postings. Isn't it tough going back to the real world and work?! Nice picture of you with Ranger ? A pleasure to have the memory of Ranger Stan in the similarity.

Julie, so sorry you didn't get the Fastpass+ invite. From Kathy's experience, sound like it was a nice added bonus. Enjoy your trip to the World!

WELCOME HOME Snoopygirl! Moose dust you're able to make the switch at 7 months. You will love this resort!

Jimmy, your friends will be most welcome! Are they Disers? What a nice group we will have!
Old 10-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #1964
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopygirl View Post
So excited......I called MS this morning to add on at VWL!!!!! I was really hoping for 50 pts but they only had 25. I took it!!!

We've never stayed here but I am hoping to switch from SSR to VWL at 7 months for our May/June 2013 trip. My mom is coming w/ us so I'm hoping we can get a 2BR Villa. Do you think I'll have any problems??

Woo-hoo.....love my DVC!
Congrats! Good luck for switching at seven months.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #1965
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Thank you very much !

My hubby snapped this photo of me with one of the Rangers checking out of the VWL on Sept 29---can't remember his name ? Anyone ?

That's ranger Don. The other ranger is Jack. They needed 2 to fill in for our Ranger Stan!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: