DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #1891
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

rfassett

I know where you are coming from feeling like you are low on the totem pole here, but believe me, we are all equals here. As time goes, we all get to know each other better, and you feel like you fit in more. But I think it is an unwritten rule amongst us, there are no cliques. Yes, friendships have formed, bonds are there on an individual basis, but we are truly one big family. And you are just as important as the next, once a groupie, always a groupie!!

And I appreciate your sharing in your belief.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #1892
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Well Said Jimmy!!!
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #1893
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
I know where you are coming from feeling like you are low on the totem pole here, but believe me, we are all equals here. As time goes, we all get to know each other better, and you feel like you fit in more. But I think it is an unwritten rule amongst us, there are no cliques. Yes, friendships have formed, bonds are there on an individual basis, but we are truly one big family. And you are just as important as the next, once a groupie, always a groupie!!

And I appreciate your sharing in your belief.
Exactly! All groupies are created equal!

Eliza - thanks for taking the time to check in. Know that I have thought of & prayed for you & your family often this week & will continue to do so.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #1894
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Eliza - Welcome Home! These people (and I consider myself one of them, but yet on the very lowest rung of the ladder - and I am OK with that because I am on the ladder) love you and yours very, very much. We continue to lift up you and yours. I admire your spirit - and, as you point out, the spirit of this group as well. We have ALL been called to a higher calling - to me, that is very clear. So often we get caught up in the here and now - but for those of us that have our anchor firmly set, this life is just a temporary beginning to the rest of eternity. For a moment, imagine that great, great great reunion that your DH experienced when he crossed over that river. Can you even imagine the sound of THAT "Welcome Home". Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!

I will tell a little story of my own and then close for now. My own Mother died of a massive heart attack at the ripe old age of 58. I was living 1700 miles away at the time and when she had an attack of angina (sp) two weeks before I listened to the counsel of others and chose (my choice) to not go at that time to see my Mother. Two weeks later I was on an airplane to attend her funeral. I was as mad as could be at God for letting this happen (the truth of the matter, my anger was mis-directed - it was my own choice not to go two weeks earlier). Anyway, my wife and I were on this airplane belonging to an airline on which we had never flown going to a place we had never flown to because we had to pick up a connecting flight due to the sudden need to be flying. In the seat back of the seat in front of me, someone had left a magazine. In that magazine, the author of an article was explaining the quilt story. The one where when we look at the back of a quilt we see a bunch of threads that seem to go nowhere but when we turn the quilt over we see just a beautiful finished product. The author was explaining that the quilt is like God's plan. We see the back side now, but will one day see the front side and have a much better understanding of God's plan. And I just started bawling. How did God know that I was going to be seated in that seat on that airplane on an that airline and going to a destination I would never have chosen to read that article in that issue of that magazine that some beautiful person accidently left on that airplane. You will never convince me that God does not love each and every one of us and does, in fact, tend to the smallest of details.

I am continuing to pray for you and yours, Eliza!
Oh my goodness Ron. Be still my heart.
What a beautiful experience you had and what a wonderful allegory that I will always remember and certain to repeat.

Our Groupie thread doesn't have rungs, it just has a bunch of rocking chairs out on the porch or in front of the fireplace!

And I think as was mentioned, our lack of cliques, and everyone's willingness to embrace new Groupies,
makes it truly the nicest place on the Dis.

You're not going to be there in Dec, are you? I wish you would, we would love to meet you.

PS So sorry about the sudden loss of your Mom. That must have been very difficult for you.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #1895
rfassett
Mouseketeer

I am sorry fellow groupies. I did not MEAN to imply the group had any sort of hierarchy. Bad choice of words. I was just attempting to point out that I am still new to the group. I do appreciate and have recognized the overwhelming openness of this whole group to welcome in new folks. If you knew me better, and you will over time, you will know that I meet on the level with all fellow passengers on Mother Earth.

Thanks Muushka. That experience happened some 29 years ago but in so many ways feels so much more recent. But I have made it one of my purposes in life since then, to counsel people to live their lives in such a manner that there are no regrets.

No, we will not be there this December since we will be going home in just 11 more days. But I have already planted the seed with my wife for next December.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #1896
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
I am sorry fellow groupies. I did not MEAN to imply the group had any sort of hierarchy. Bad choice of words. I was just attempting to point out that I am still new to the group. I do appreciate and have recognized the overwhelming openness of this whole group to welcome in new folks. If you knew me better, and you will over time, you will know that I meet on the level with all fellow passengers on Mother Earth.

Thanks Muushka. That experience happened some 29 years ago but in so many ways feels so much more recent. But I have made it one of my purposes in life since then, to counsel people to live their lives in such a manner that there are no regrets.

No, we will not be there this December since we will be going home in just 11 more days. But I have already planted the seed with my wife for next December.
Ron,
Didnt even take it that way, wanted to make sure that you knew you were as important as the next, and I hope everyone that passes this way feels like that.

Ron, we are so glad you decided to become a groupie
Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #1897
rfassett
Mouseketeer

So we are going home in another 11 days. Although we have stayed at the Lodge that beats all lodges several times, we have never taken the Lodge tour. Is that something we should do? Years ago we did have the opportunity to do flag duty with brother Stan (rest in peace) and learned a great deal through what seemed like osmosis, but there is probably a great deal about the lodge that we don't know yet? I guess the real question is, does the benefit of the tour warrant the out of rocker time it will require?

Old 10-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #1898
rfassett
Mouseketeer

And the more I poke around the net about the Lodge, the more (as is true with most stuff) info I find. You all probably already know about this site: http://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/

Old 10-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #1899
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Exactly! All groupies are created equal!
Nuh uh. Luv got way more good looks than I did. . .just sayin'. . .

Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #1900
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Nuh uh. Luv got way more good looks than I did. . .just sayin'. . .
Right there with you, understand completely!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 AM   #1901
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
So we are going home in another 11 days. Although we have stayed at the Lodge that beats all lodges several times, we have never taken the Lodge tour. Is that something we should do? Years ago we did have the opportunity to do flag duty with brother Stan (rest in peace) and learned a great deal through what seemed like osmosis, but there is probably a great deal about the lodge that we don't know yet? I guess the real question is, does the benefit of the tour warrant the out of rocker time it will require?
We have done the Lodge tour once with Stan. It is worth it IMO. But Stan def. made it as he created it. From what Im hearing, the new ranger is doing a good job, so I would say if you feel you have time, work it in.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #1902
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
. . . . . . . I'll be off double secret probation soon, . . . . . . . . .

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 10-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #1903
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Right there with you, understand completely!
Did you just say I wasn't good looking?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #1904
happyann79
Mouseketeer

I am dying to stay at this resort!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #1905
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:

Bummer on the December, kuddos on the purpose in life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyann79 View Post
I am dying to stay at this resort!

Whoa!! Is this a Groupie in the making????? Sit down, share with us

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: