DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #1861
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1
Thanks again all for the wonderful birthday wishes. I appreciate them ALL.

It's been a great day. Now we're putting the finishing touches on our suitcases, as we have but 1 more sleep before flying to Houston, then a sleep there, and on the bus to Galveston. The MAGIC begins Saturday morning close to noon!

I will have a photo update after we return over in my blog, so you'll have to catch it there. For those that don't know where to find that, it's stophersstuff dot com

See y'all soon.
I am most interested. I have booked the Magic out of Galveston for next May. Can you post a link to your blog?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #1862
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy
Kathy
We will lift up you and your DH for good news
Prayers for Kathy and Eliza.....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #1863
Happydinks
Just Bob and Leslie (Okay, Buddy and Gracie too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Happy Birthday Stopher!!

Groupies - If I may ask a few prayers for DH would be appreciated. Approx 1 month ago we learned he had stage 2 prostate cancer. Surgery was today and we're waiting to hear if there was any spread of the cancer to surrounding tissue.
Fingers crossed and praying for good news for you all today!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #1864
Happydinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Hey Happydinks - so nice to see you! Any plans to be in the World in early December? Would so love to see you again.

OK December Groupies - how does Sunday evening December 9th TOWL after 8 PM sound?
Hey Di & Dad-
Yes it's been quite awhile since our last thread visit - but we're back for now. We're actually visiting this month - cruising on the Dream and then 10 days in the parks. Unfortunately, Bob's business only allows us a late November/early December visit every once in awhile. Maybe when he can retire (if that will ever happen! we'll be able to do that more often. I still have shots of our Groupie meet back in 2010 that pop up on our screen saver - and smile whenever Stan's picture comes up! We would love to get together again sometime!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #1865
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Winging prayers heavenward for you Kathy and your DH. May Gods peace calm your heart as your await test results. :group hug:

Eliza, I hold you close to my heart in prayer today too. We care.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #1866
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I am most interested. I have booked the Magic out of Galveston for next May. Can you post a link to your blog?
Thanks. I'm looking forward to it, and looking forward to talking about it afterwards. Re-read what I wrote. All of the necessary address info is there, just not linked. Start off by throwing the requisite triple w dot in front, and you'll see it. stophersstuff is where you want to go. And then the typical ending domain type, dot com. Sorry to be cryptic, but I don't want warnings or points. Already had a warning before as the DIS is owned/operated by a travel business, of which I am as well, and rules are rules, so I won't go there specifically any longer. Those who know where I am follow or subscribe, those who don't I have to rely on others to spread it, or searches to find me. One of the primary reasons I'm barely on here any longer, as talking about what I do just flows out naturally, and it's hard to put a clamp on it. So it's easier just to stay away and pop in from time to time.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #1867
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it, and looking forward to talking about it afterwards. Re-read what I wrote. All of the necessary address info is there, just not linked. Start off by throwing the requisite triple w dot in front, and you'll see it. stophersstuff is where you want to go. And then the typical ending domain type, dot com. Sorry to be cryptic, but I don't want warnings or points. Already had a warning before as the DIS is owned/operated by a travel business, of which I am as well, and rules are rules, so I won't go there specifically any longer. Those who know where I am follow or subscribe, those who don't I have to rely on others to spread it, or searches to find me. One of the primary reasons I'm barely on here any longer, as talking about what I do just flows out naturally, and it's hard to put a clamp on it. So it's easier just to stay away and pop in from time to time.
Got it! Still looking for the blog but I " liked" you and left a message!

Old 10-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #1868
Rental01
DIS Dadís Club Member #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
... So it's easier just to stay away and pop in from time to time.
That's why I only pop in here from time to time. I don't need another talking-to. In other news, I've got a new blog to read!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Got it! Still looking for the blog but I " liked" you and left a message!
PM Sent.
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance
Old 10-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #1869
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
I'd call Member Services in the morning to confirm, and if it is true, ask if they could link them. Seems as though congrats might be in order!
Alas, shortly after I posted my inquiry last evening, I received an email from member services confirming the wait list came through. So I must have checked in as things were happening in real time. I received another email this morning showing that the reservations are linked - again without any input from me. Kudos to member services.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #1870
Rental01
DIS Dadís Club Member #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
Alas, shortly after I posted my inquiry last evening, I received an email from member services confirming the wait list came through. So I must have checked in as things were happening in real time. I received another email this morning showing that the reservations are linked - again without any input from me. Kudos to member services.
I'm glad that you got in! That's great news!

We're still waiting on a last minute trip to AKV during Jersey Week for my son and myself. I've been on the wait list for only a few days though so I'm just being patient now. If we get in, it will be a welcome rest to a full week of working at my Mom's house in Lakeland. She's been asking us to come and help with everything from transporting pictures from NC to FL for her to painting her walls and "cleaning" her back yard. That last bit scares me the most since my sister, who recently moved out from that house, had two pit bulls die in that back yard due to snake bites. If that doesn't deserve a Disney day, I don't know WHAT does!
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance
Old 10-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #1871
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Birthday Stopher!!

Groupies - If I may ask a few prayers for DH would be appreciated. Approx 1 month ago we learned he had stage 2 prostate cancer. Surgery was today and we're waiting to hear if there was any spread of the cancer to surrounding tissue.
You got it Kathy. You and your husband will be in my prayers.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #1872
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

As always - Groupies are the best! Thanks all for the support.

And - we have good news!!! At least as good as one could hope for out of all of this. DH had a 2 inch tumor in his prostate so the Dr. decided to remove 48 lymph nodes. Out of those only one came back with cancer in it. The Dr. says that of course a cancer cell could have escaped so he's going to recommend hormone therapy for the next couple of years but overall he is feeling that odds are they were able to get it all.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #1873
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And - we have good news!!! At least as good as one could hope for out of all of this. DH had a 2 inch tumor in his prostate so the Dr. decided to remove 48 lymph nodes. Out of those only one came back with cancer in it. The Dr. says that of course a cancer cell could have escaped so he's going to recommend hormone therapy for the next couple of years but overall he is feeling that odds are they were able to get it all.
Kathy,
We will just pray that one did not escape and the doctor's odds are true.
Best of luck to you both in the days ahead.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #1874
Happydinks

Quote:

Awesome news! Glad that the doctor is also feeling positive about it all. Now, you can go and enjoy the weekend!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #1875
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:

Great news!! Prayers being re-directed

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: