DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 06:15 AM   #1801
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Di
The 9th or 10th will be fine with us. We have friends from back home that we will be dining with on the 9th, so a evening meet will work for us, and anything before 3 on the 10th will work also. Dont let this sway you on deciding what time to meet. It can be tricky getting all the times to work out. But oh so fun when it finally gets here. Looking forward to seeing as many groupies as we can!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #1802
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Here's an updated list for December
Kathy: Dec 1-9
WildernessDad: Dec 1-10
JT: Dec 2-14
DiznyDi/Dad: Dec 7-15
Muush: Dec 9-14

Maybe we can try, as Kathy suggested, for 2 meets. I rather like the possibility of the TOWL - have never been except for a DVC presentation.

We've done breakfast at Whispering Canyon twice; once we were all seated at one table and once when we were seated at two different tables. It was much nicer and we were able to converse easier when we were all seated at one table.

Always a great time meeting in the Carolwood Pacific Room.

Kathy - when do you leave on the 9th?

Are any of you planning to do the Christmas Party (MVMCP)? Date?

Suggestions?

And yes, we plan to be in the World in Dec. '13! Yea - another Groupie meet!
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #1803
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post

Maybe we can try, as Kathy suggested, for 2 meets. I rather like the possibility of the TOWL - have never been except for a DVC presentation.

We've done breakfast at Whispering Canyon twice; once we were all seated at one table and once when we were seated at two different tables. It was much nicer and we were able to converse easier when we were all seated at one table.

Suggestions?

Horselover - 12/19-27. Missing you all again. Hope you all have a great meet!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #1804
Akima
Earning My Ears

fixed....nm

DH Ian DW Kim DD (16) DS (13)

Last edited by Akima; 10-02-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: need to delete
Old 10-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #1805
Akima
Earning My Ears

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. (sorry noob on the forums) My husband Rental01 (a DisDad here) , myself and DD 16 and DS 13 just became DVC VWL owners. Oh first stay will be in January. We are doing the 5K and DDCC.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #1806
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post

Suggestions?

Oh, a meet at TOWL!!! what a great idea. VWL too, of course.

We are probably doing the bargain APs so we won't be doing MVMCP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akima View Post
Is there a new link for this?
It isn't working for you?

Quote:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this. (sorry noob on the forums) My husband Rental01 (a DisDad here) , myself and DD 16 and DS 13 just became DVC VWL owners. Oh first stay will be in January. We are doing the 5K and DDCC.
You are home at last! Here on the thread and at our beloved Lodge.

Congratulations on the new addition and please, get that handsome Moose in your sig, sit down on a rocker and join us in our mutual fondness for one another and our Lodge.

Welcome Home Akima

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #1807
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Akima!

Always a pleasure having a new Groupie join our little corner of the Dis!

So sad Julie you won't be able to join us! I have fond memories of sharing your Anniversary cake
Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #1808
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good, you found us. I had noticed you had posted on our old thread, but as you can see we are all at home here and oh so glad you have joined us.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #1809
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Welcome to the Groupies Akima!!!
And Welcome Home as well!!! Enjoy that 1st trip Home!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #1810
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Di
TOWL sounds intriguing to T and I. Our DD wont be there, but DS will be.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #1811
rfassett
Mouseketeer

It's official. Sixteen days out and Rebecca has started packing.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #1812
Akima
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone!!

No the link wasn't working but Rental01 fixed it for me.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and maybe even meeting up sometime!!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #1813
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Greetings Groupies.

It's been far too long, I know. Just wanted to pop by and say hello. (Thanks Di for the friendly nudge once again!)

DW and I are getting ready to head down to Galveston on Friday. We're leaving on the Magic for the western Caribbean on Saturday. I'm so looking forward to that. We have our Palo dinner and brunch reservations, and some fun-sounding excursions on deck while in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel (the same itinerary Maria is on right now).

Then Ft Lauderdale in early November. I really would love to make it for a Groupie meet in December (I've been there the past 2 Decembers...) but alas, I don't think it will work out this year. But don't count me out just yet. We'll see. You never can tell.

What's new with me? Well let's see. It's been a very busy year in so many ways, I've spoken about the business stuff previously. The summer was full with Scout campouts and such, and this fall I was on staff teaching some courses for the Scouts. I spent 6 years as a corporate trainer in my past life (2 employers ago), and have found once again that I do in fact enjoy teaching. So whenever they have a course or session they want me to teach, if I'm available, I grab it. Not that I would want to do that day in and day out, but it's nice every so often.

The family you ask? Doing well, thanks. DW has been working the past few months. She hadn't worked outside the home in 10 years, so it was an adjustment. Only works 3 days a week, but she's enjoying herself for the most part. The kids are all just weeds. DS16 shot up past me all of a sudden, and now has his driver's license. DS13 is starting to shoot up, and that whole teenage transformation is in full swing - his voice is starting to deepen, and little traces of facial hair are starting to show up. DD8 has become quite the little gymnast this year. She started taking lessons last fall, and the Olympics just really got her focused. She's not the best in the world, but she's doing great for her! It has really boosted her little ego and crushed down a few self-confidence issues she was having, so it's all good.

We're just a couple of weeks away from the year-mark since my FIL passed, so DW is starting to feel emotional every so often. This cruise will be sans kids, so the couple time will be nice considering that pending anniversary. She's been doing fairly well with it, but of course those anniversaries do tend to bring up stuff once more.

All in all, we're doing well. We had a great visit to the World in July, and I might tack on a couple of days before or after FLL in November, but I'm still not sure. I do want to pay another visit, but it's DL I'm really missing right now. I haven't been out there since January. That's far too long, since each of the last 10 years I've been able to be out there at least 4x per year. I'd really like to get out there again, but the current plan doesn't have us out there until next summer. So we'll see what I can do about that.

Oh well - that's about it for now. I just wanted to say hello once more. I hope you are all doing well. I'll think of you as we sail away next week.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #1814
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Thank you so much for the early birthday wishes!! How sweet of you all to remember me - even when I've been away for so long.

After a full morning of meetings Thursday, I'm looking forward to a nice afternoon/evening with the family. EVERYTHING has been cancelled so that we can do something - of my choice - (since DW & I are leaving for a week+, it's kind of important to spend that time together anyway).

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #1815
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Hi Akima! Welcome to our "porch"! We love having new groupies here! Pull up a rocker and set a spell!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: