DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #1756
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,820

bagsmom and DLI
Prayers heading your way for your loved ones

DLI, I have never had migraines, but I take a vitamin called Curamin, all natural product for aches and pains, no side effects that works very well, and its quick. We buy locally at a Earth Harvest store. Migraines are mentioned as something this product relieves. Its pricey, but pain needing management seems to know no price.
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #1757
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,820

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaphia View Post
hi all! does anyone have any photos of a lock off two bedroom? we have only stayed in a dedicated at VWL but could only get a lock-off this time! just wanted to see what to expect..is the second room alot smaller since there is a kitchenette and the pull out in the bedroom is it only a full, not a queen right?
thanks!
Dont have pics to share but wanted to say...

Welcome to the groupies!!!
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #1758
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,820

One last thing, wanted to share, its my fathers 81st birthday today. He moves like a 61 yr old, still in great shape, works with me everyday, still can accomplish a lot by the end of the day. I hope Im half as good in shape as him if I make it that far!
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 05:35 AM   #1759
bagsmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North of Florida, south of Tennessee
Posts: 412

Disney Loving Iowan -- I had to have an MRI for my shoulder just recently. I did an "open" MRI, which is sort of like being the meat between two hamburger buns. I am very claustrophobic!

It was fine! I did not take any valium or anything. One tip: I closed my eyes before they lowered the "top bun." I know it was very close to my face, but since I didn't see it, it wasn't bad. The technician played Enya music and I actually fell asleep!

I will pray that your daughter's experience is as easy as mine was!

Thanks to all for the prayers for my friend -- and please keep them coming!

bagsmom is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #1760
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 18,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
I am in total agreement!

And the boat ride to MK too. And the peace and serenity that seems to fill your soul. And the splashing of ducks in the Villas pool early in the morning - Dory used to have a really cute picture. And sitting by the fireplace after a long day at the parks enjoying the warmth and discussing the high points of the day. And meeting up with Groupies and sharing a bit of each others lives and maybe a little cake!

Moose Dust for Julie! I hope your wait list comes through for you!

Did some one say "peace and serenity"? Just what I need this morning. Just dumped an entire jar of strawberry jelly on my white shirt. because the other species in my house cannot manage to screw the top onto a jar....... the lodge is my happy place, the lodge is my happy place.





eliza61 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #1761
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,858

aaaah....yes...our happy place...
__________________
blossomz is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #1762
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,287

Hey Groupies, tomorrow we have another birthday to celebrate.

Happy birthday, I Book He Pays!!!

I hope it is magical.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #1763
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran
 
Disney loving Iowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Back in Flyers and Phillies land!!!!!
Posts: 1,698

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
bagsmom and DLI
Prayers heading your way for your loved ones

DLI, I have never had migraines, but I take a vitamin called Curamin, all natural product for aches and pains, no side effects that works very well, and its quick. We buy locally at a Earth Harvest store. Migraines are mentioned as something this product relieves. Its pricey, but pain needing management seems to know no price.
Thanks JT. The doctor just started her on a medicine that is actually for high blood pressure but it also helps prevent migraines. Next time she goes for an appointment I can ask him about Curamin. It would be nice to have an alternative to manage the pain. He also has her taking a large amount of B2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Disney Loving Iowan -- I had to have an MRI for my shoulder just recently. I did an "open" MRI, which is sort of like being the meat between two hamburger buns. I am very claustrophobic!

It was fine! I did not take any valium or anything. One tip: I closed my eyes before they lowered the "top bun." I know it was very close to my face, but since I didn't see it, it wasn't bad. The technician played Enya music and I actually fell asleep!

I will pray that your daughter's experience is as easy as mine was!

Thanks to all for the prayers for my friend -- and please keep them coming!

Well the prayer must have helped cause it went pretty well! She did take the valium but she thinks that she would have been okay without it. The people were wonderful to her and really helped her out. They put a towel over her face so she wouldn't be tempted to open her eyes.

Thanks everybody!!!!!!!
__________________
Disney loving Iowan is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #1764
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Hey Groupies, tomorrow we have another birthday to celebrate.

Happy birthday, I Book He Pays!!!

I hope it is magical.
You are such a cutie 2Kats! I keep in touch with the birthday girl. She is heading out on a cruise on Sunday.
Crazy packing and doing last minute things. I will tell her to check out the thread!

Happy Birthday ! Book...Big round of applause!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Thanks JT. The doctor just started her on a medicine that is actually for high blood pressure but it also helps prevent migraines. Next time she goes for an appointment I can ask him about Curamin. It would be nice to have an alternative to manage the pain. He also has her taking a large amount of B2.


Well the prayer must have helped cause it went pretty well! She did take the valium but she thinks that she would have been okay without it. The people were wonderful to her and really helped her out. They put a towel over her face so she wouldn't be tempted to open her eyes.

Thanks everybody!!!!!!!
That's good, it is done! Hopefully the meds will work for her.
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #1765
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,820

Happy Birthday I Book He Pays!!!
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #1766
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,820

DLI
So glad things went well
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #1767
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,820

We purchased a Honda Odyssey van a few months back and it has a really cool area where the radio reads what song and artist is playing , etc. The space is about 6" x 8", but you can do some neat things with it, as Tammy surprised me one day with the picture below on our screen as it looks now with this pic we took ome time ago. If Im not mistaken this was a shot we made after going up on the roof with Stan the last time. So this is what i see as we ride down the road now
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #1768
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,858

DLI..so glad things went well!

happy birthday I book he pays!!
__________________
blossomz is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #1769
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran
 
MiaSRN62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Lansdale, PA (just outside Philly)
Posts: 10,996

Quote:
I Book He Pays..September 29

stopher1 ........October 4
I want to wish two of my Groupie pals a very happy birthday !!!!


I posted a couple days ago that I was at the VWL (not sure anyone saw it)....I've enjoyed the last several days IMMENSELY !!! Last night a family of deer slept outside (all curled up) under our balcony. I'll be without access to internet for the next week while on the ship but wanted to make sure I expressed my birthday wishes to stopher and I Book He Pays (also, prayers to your friend. So sorry to hear of the cancer).
Take care all.....wishing a fond farewell to VWL....and heading out to sea......
__________________
Maria


MiaSRN62 is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #1770
rfassett
Mouseketeer
 
rfassett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: GREENVILLE, PA
Posts: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy
We purchased a Honda Odyssey van a few months back and it has a really cool area where the radio reads what song and artist is playing , etc. The space is about 6" x 8", but you can do some neat things with it, as Tammy surprised me one day with the picture below on our screen as it looks now with this pic we took ome time ago. If Im not mistaken this was a shot we made after going up on the roof with Stan the last time. So this is what i see as we ride down the road now
How cool is that! I want one.
__________________
DVC SINCE 04/01

rfassett is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: