DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #1696
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,848

Thanks folks for all the well wishes for Tammys safe return. She didnt email this AM so hoping she made it on the bus and to the airport OK.

Barb, lie low, stay here in your safe haven for awhile, we will keep you safe

Granny, the Cards-Braves matchup would be sweet. I dont look at it like we are pulling against each other, we are just favoring our teams
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #1697
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Thanks folks for all the well wishes for Tammys safe return. She didnt email this AM so hoping she made it on the bus and to the airport OK.

Barb, lie low, stay here in your safe haven for awhile, we will keep you safe

Granny, the Cards-Braves matchup would be sweet. I dont look at it like we are pulling against each other, we are just favoring our teams
I'll try JT......
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 AM   #1698
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger
 
twinklebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk
Posts: 6,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post
What's that mean??? What are "points"?
Points are what the admins hand out to the naughty children to encourage us to play nice. Some background: Awhile back the DISboard playground was getting out of control with reckless postings, so in addition to banning a good number of people from coming back in they started up the points warning system. As a former mod for the old NBC chats myself, I know how messy it can get out there. I think the points have been a good thing and have kept the place civil.

Also know, certain subjects are just not allowed to be discussed on the DIS anymore also due to tempers flaring. No political discussions for one (fine by me! I have this rule with my adult family members too LOL)

Muushy, I'll tell you what I've told my kids when they get too close to the trouble: when you see it starting, walk away! Sometimes easier said than done when a topic hits home I know
__________________
.......... .. ..

Last edited by twinklebug; 09-24-2012 at 09:41 AM.
twinklebug is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #1699
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,860

OMG Muush! You'd better keep in touch thru email!....cooking up all that trouble!
__________________
blossomz is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #1700
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran
 
Msmithmd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug

Points are what the admins hand out to the naughty children to encourage us to play nice. Some background: Awhile back the DISboard playground was getting out of control with reckless postings, so in addition to banning a good number of people from coming back in they started up the points warning system. As a former mod for the old NBC chats myself, I know how messy it can get out there. I think the points have been a good thing and have kept the place civil.

Also know, certain subjects are just not allowed to be discussed on the DIS anymore also due to tempers flaring. No political discussions for one (fine by me! I have this rule with my adult family members too LOL)

Muushy, I'll tell you what I've told my kids when they get too close to the trouble: when you see it starting, walk away! Sometimes easier said than done when a topic hits home I know
Thanks. I searched the sticky posts and couldn't find this info; suspected it might be something like this.
Msmithmd is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #1701
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
OMG Muush! You'd better keep in touch thru email!....cooking up all that trouble!
I'm OK for now, 'double secret probation' .
But I just wanted to give my Groupies a heads-up in case I disappeared!
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #1702
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation
 
Nicoal13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 657

Had no idea about the points either. Hope you can stay out of trouble Barb!

Headed to NC/SC for the weekend. Flying into Charlotte on Thursday night and then going with a friend to her beach house on Fripp Island for the weekend. Really looking forward to it. Have never been there before.
__________________
Nicole DH DS Owen


Nicoal13 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #1703
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)
 
jimmytammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 7,848

Tammy is home!! Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes!! Weird to think she was in England earlier today, now shes home.
__________________
jimmytammy is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #1704
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!
 
Muushka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: VWL, in my mind....
Posts: 13,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoal13 View Post
Had no idea about the points either. Hope you can stay out of trouble Barb!

Headed to NC/SC for the weekend. Flying into Charlotte on Thursday night and then going with a friend to her beach house on Fripp Island for the weekend. Really looking forward to it. Have never been there before.
Me too . Have a great visit with your friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Tammy is home!! Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes!! Weird to think she was in England earlier today, now shes home.
That's good. Welcome home Tammy.
__________________


~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Muushka is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #1705
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,860

So glad to hear Tammy is home safely!
__________________
blossomz is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #1706
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks
 
DiznyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeastern Ohio
Posts: 2,222

I spent a few days with our daughter in PA last week and came back to find all sorts of news:
-A big WELCOME to new Groupies joining our merry little band

-A WELCOME BACK to blossom and any other Groupies on the Members Cruise- sounds like you had an amazing time!

-I agree with JT: stay here Muush, we'll keep you safe from harm

And a very special WELCOME HOME TAMMY! Glad to have you home safe and sound. I'm sure you have stories to tell and pictures to share from your trip. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the ones posted on FB.
__________________
DiznyDi is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #1707
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks
 
DiznyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeastern Ohio
Posts: 2,222

Sorry, duplicate post
__________________
DiznyDi is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #1708
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,860

Hey Di! Where in PA? If close....Next time we will have to meet up
__________________
blossomz is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #1709
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks
 
DiznyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeastern Ohio
Posts: 2,222

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
Hey Di! Where in PA? If close....Next time we will have to meet up
I was in Linesville: Pymatuning/Meadville area. A meet would be fun!
__________________
DiznyDi is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #1710
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
I was in Linesville: Pymatuning/Meadville area. A meet would be fun!
Oh...that's pretty far west and north of where I am...I'm actually pretty close to Maryland.
__________________
blossomz is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: