DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #1666
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Hi Nicole

I'm so glad you enjoyed VB. It really is a beautiful resort.

About the kidless friend. As a kidless person, I would LOVE to go with a 7 year old! You might be surprised, she may really want to go!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #1667
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post
Hey guys!

Looks like we have some Groupies in The World...I hope everyone has an absolutely magical time.

And, a big shout out....

Happy Birthday Kati !!!

Awesome!
YES !!! And Corrine & Keliblue....welcome back and hope you had a great time !!!!!
Have TONS OF FUN to the Groupies still there !!!!!
Quote:
tea pot 14-16 VWL 16-21 BLT
twokats 19-26 VWL Kids Bday trip(Kati 19th, DS 26th)
Kathymford 15-22 VWL
And happy birthday KATI !!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #1668
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday Kati!!!!!!

Well I'm back in the working world. Got a part time job at PetSmart. Did some video training today and more training to come in the next couple of days. Gonna miss having my time off but I'll like making some money and maybe being able to get our own place in the not too distant future.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #1669
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan
Happy birthday Kati!!!!!!

Well I'm back in the working world. Got a part time job at PetSmart. Did some video training today and more training to come in the next couple of days. Gonna miss having my time off but I'll like making some money and maybe being able to get our own place in the not too distant future.
Congrats! My pups love for me to go to PetSmart and Kati thanks all for the birthday wishes.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 09-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #1670
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Back from my first ever Member's cruise...amazing!!! Will post more tomorrow..tired from laundry and unpacking etc. Will post more tomorrow!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #1671
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Congrats DLI on the Petsmart job ! I try and make weekly trips there
Blossomz....can't wait to hear about it and see pics. I know they give out some nice gifts on Members cruises

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 09-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #1672
blossomz

So many exciting things on the cruise. Ducky Williams was there. Don Hahn the exec producer of Frankenweenie showed the Nautical Premier of the movie! Fantastic! Met Jason Surrell, imagineer, and designed vinylmation with him. Learn to draw with Ducky. Goofy's voice guy was a lot of fun. There was someone there from the archives..but I never made it there! The final night..there was a special show with Disney Broadway stars: Ashley Brown, Mary Poppins herself, Alton White...presently playing Mufasa, Lindsay Mendez..opening in a couple of weeks in the revival of godspell, and Josh Strickland...American Idol runner up from season 2 and Tarzan on Broadway. They were so willing to talk and take photos! Claire Bilby really worked on talking with members to hear what they want out of membership. D23 is going to allow ALL DVC members to be a basic member as part of DVC. YOu will pay an adjusted amount for the full membership if you want it with the magazine. Talk is that next year's cruise may be in Oct or Nov. Only about 250 kids on the cruise. Lots of characters. Aquaduck! Spa treatments! (specials for the members too), Shows! Palo! Pirate Night and more. It was amazing!!
Will work on photos next! Oh..and the gifts!! Look on the DVC facebook page to see all of the wonderful gifts we received!! Awesome!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #1673
blossomz

[IMG][/IMG]A few photos...someone else took most of them..so I don't have them yet!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #1674
Williamjdisney
If my ears are itchy it's time to visit Mickey!

Dear VWL Groupies....walking distance.

My in-laws are making plans for a trip to the WDW and are seriously considering VWL because of the decor and proximity to Magic Kingdom. They are concerned about the walking distance from the Villas to the bus stop and boat dock. Can anyone share information on walking distances I would be grateful.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #1675
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamjdisney View Post
My in-laws are making plans for a trip to the WDW and are seriously considering VWL because of the decor and proximity to Magic Kingdom. They are concerned about the walking distance from the Villas to the bus stop and boat dock. Can anyone share information on walking distances I would be grateful.
1st, let me say, Welcome to the Groupies!!
The walk to the bus stop is not far at all. The boats are a bit farther, but going out the back of the villas, heading by both pools, is a shorter distance than heading through the main lobby area. VWL is the smallest of all the Disney DVC properties, so the hallways arent very long. I would guesstimate distance from villas exit to bus stop, maybe 75 yards, boats, maybe 200 yards. Hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #1676
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamjdisney View Post
The bus stop for both the WL rooms and the Villas sits in between the two, and in neither case is the walk long. Though some complain that the rooms at the far end of the halls in the Villas are a haul, they are nothing compared to many other resorts. Still, your in-laws might want to request a room closer to the elevators. From the elevators, it's just steps to the lobby doors leading out to the walkway, and then the stroll to the bus stop is slightly more than one minute at a moderate pace, perhaps two minutes if taken at a leisurely pace. The boat dock is farther away as you must either walk through the lobby of the main Lodge building or our preferred way which is to go through the back doors of the Villas lobby, cut through the Hidden Springs pool area (that's the pool located at the Villas), then skirt around the main Lodge pool, by the geyser, and then on to the docks. The docks sit more or less opposite the far left wing of the Wilderness Lodge proper. Even so, I'd estimate that the walk to the docks from the Villas is less than five minutes. I'm certain your in-laws will enjoy VWL, as it is the most intimate and quiet of all the DVC resorts.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #1677
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Congrats! My pups love for me to go to PetSmart and Kati thanks all for the birthday wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Congrats DLI on the Petsmart job ! I try and make weekly trips there

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks! I know I'll enjoy seeing all the pups!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #1678
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Prayer request

Hey folks
I know where to go when I need these

Tammy is returning from England tomorrow and though I know flights are a routine thing to some, I prefer praying before getting on one, we pray before a long trip in the car, asking for traveling graces and keeping others around us safe as well.

So, my prayer request is specific for sure, I pray for Tammy to have traveling graces to the airport(a 3.5 hr bus ride)and traveling graces on the plane.

TIA
Old 09-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #1679
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy
Hey folks
I know where to go when I need these

Tammy is returning from England tomorrow and though I know flights are a routine thing to some, I prefer praying before getting on one, we pray before a long trip in the car, asking for traveling graces and keeping others around us safe as well.

So, my prayer request is specific for sure, I pray for Tammy to have traveling graces to the airport(a 3.5 hr bus ride)and traveling graces on the plane.

TIA
You got it. Let us know when she is on good ol US soil.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 09-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #1680
Williamjdisney
If my ears are itchy it's time to visit Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
1st, let me say, Welcome to the Groupies!!
The walk to the bus stop is not far at all. The boats are a bit farther, but going out the back of the villas, heading by both pools, is a shorter distance than heading through the main lobby area. VWL is the smallest of all the Disney DVC properties, so the hallways arent very long. I would guesstimate distance from villas exit to bus stop, maybe 75 yards, boats, maybe 200 yards. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the warm welcome and information. It is so hard to judge distance on maps issued by Disney. The in-laws are so excited about the trip and the theme of the property.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: