DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #1576
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Hi Eliza...I keep thinking good thoughts for the old guy. Maybe what Robon Roberts is going thru will get someone to be checked that might be a match...

I agree, when you are right in the middle of the situation it is tough to make the right call. You can only do what your heart says.

On to the talk of more DVC points...

There is a Webinar again this week. My guide tells me that what will be offered will be the exact same offer as on the member cruise...so apparently it is supposed to be a really good incentive. Might be worth signing on and listening in. Besides you do get a free piece of art.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #1577
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Inkmahm
Prayers are continuing for your recovery, asking for Gods healing hands to be placed upon you, and we will lift up Steves family to find peace in His arms

Eliza
Prayers continuing for your DH health and your family. May God grant His peace upon and comfort you all
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 11:49 PM   #1578
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
As much as I'd like to think I'm making good decisions, the reality is the entire time, with every fiber of my soul, every thing I am is screaming "do whatever you have to do, whatever measures you need to take" I simply cannot even remotely imagine an existence without the old guy.
Oh eliza
My heart goes out to you
Thoughts and prayers of strength and comfort coming your way.

Inkmahm
My deepest sympathy for the loss of your cousin Steve

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 09-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #1579
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Inkmahm and eliza....I really feel so much for you both and what you are and have gone through. My thoughts and prayers Ink to you and your cousin, Steve's family. I pray they find peace and comfort.

eliza...I pray you and your husband will continue to stay strong and hold on to faith.

Hugs to you both !

Old 09-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #1580
tea pot
DIS Veteran

OK Guys We're Going Home!

Just in time for Lunch

Off for at day at MK

Back In time for Tea by the Fire

Ahhh

Old 09-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #1581
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Love it TP, thanks! Have a great visit.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #1582
tea pot
DIS Veteran

WooHoo

Look What DD and I Got!

We both were selected on two separate reservations

So....You go to the Web site and can select four different "experiences" to book in advance
at the MK to be use over one day you had about 5 different dates to pick from.
Experiences included all of the fast past rides,
Special viewing areas for the parades,
Viewing for Wishes from the Rose Garden
and Photo/Meet and Greet with Mickey and Minnie at the town Square Theater
the passes are good for all members of your party staying on your reservation.

Boy DH so sorry you had to miss this one
This is my Youngest DD's first Visit on her Own DVC Points! and it's one of her friends First Visit!

So we booked times for Peter Pan, Photo with Mickey and Minnie,
3pm Parade viewing area in front of the castle and
Wishes from the Rose Garden

Oh by the way did I mention.....
3 Day Happy Dance

I'll take plenty of pics!

Old 09-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #1583
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Wow TP! Way to go!!

Tell me, is it only for those who use ME?

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #1584
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Wow TP! Way to go!!

Tell me, is it only for those who use ME?
I Guess... that what the card said

Old 09-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #1585
cheer4bison
Mouseketeer

Hi folks,

You all know so very much about Walt Disney World. If any of you are interested in applying for the 2013 Moms Panel, the application process started today. You can read more here:

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/recruiting/

I'd love to cheer you on! Although my tenure on the panel ends this December (boy, those two years went FAST!!!), I'd love to see a groupie on next year's panel. Remember, Moms and Dads (and aunts, uncles, grandparents...) are all encouraged to apply. All you need is a love of Disney and a willingness to help others plan their Disney adventures. It has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.

Go Groupies!

Old 09-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #1586
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Look What DD and I Got!

We both were selected on two separate reservations

So....You go to the Web site and can select four different "experiences" to book in advance
at the MK to be use over one day you had about 5 different dates to pick from.
Experiences included all of the fast past rides,
Special viewing areas for the parades,
Viewing for Wishes from the Rose Garden
and Photo/Meet and Greet with Mickey and Minnie at the town Square Theater
the passes are good for all members of your party staying on your reservation.

Boy DH so sorry you had to miss this one
This is my Youngest DD's first Visit on her Own DVC Points! and it's one of her friends First Visit!

So we booked times for Peter Pan, Photo with Mickey and Minnie,
3pm Parade viewing area in front of the castle and
Wishes from the Rose Garden

Oh by the way did I mention.....
3 Day Happy Dance

I'll take plenty of pics!
OOOH. I was wondering if DVC people were getting the invites or not. There's still hope! This looks like it came via regular mail, is that how you received it? A lot of people I've heard getting them via email.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #1587
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Beautiful .....no, wait.....GORGEOUS photos Joy !!!! And way cool on the FP !!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #1588
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

That's so exciting, TP!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #1589
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
OOOH. I was wondering if DVC people were getting the invites or not. There's still hope! This looks like it came via regular mail, is that how you received it? A lot of people I've heard getting them via email.
Hi Kathy
Yes I received my via reg mail
My daughter received her notice via email several days before.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #1590
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Tammy called me an told me she had gone to London, saw Big Ben, walked the London Bridge, saw Bucking ham Palace, the queen was home because the flag was up, went to Westminster Abbey and many other things she didnt have time to tell me about. She was very tired. They had a nice time in Wales also.
Did she get to see the Queen's corgi's?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
Once again it has been forever since I've been back at the DIS. You'd think I'd have MORE time while I am healing from the knee surgery but it doesn't seem that way. Too much time doing rehab exercises and sleeping. These drugs make me sleep so much more than normal.

I haven't been back here since I posted about finding out about my dad's cousin, Steve, having lung cancer. It was his son that I had sent to AKV for a night as part of their honeymoon a couple years ago. I had initially thought about sending Steve if he was well enough to go yet. He wasn't. He started chemo a couple weeks ago but it didn't do any good. Mom called this morning and said Steve had been taken to the hospital on Thursday from one of his chemo sessions when he started shaking and was very cold. His body was shutting down and he had some infection in him (not sure what). He took his last breath this morning at 5 am after being able to talk a little bit to his family yesterday.

I have to admit I'm not too happy with the medical profession at the moment. How could Steve be be so sick and they still were giving him chemo and false hope of recovery? There's no way if he is so far gone that his body is starting to shut down that the medical people didn't know just how sick he was. I just don't believe it. I've promised to come back to haunt Dynaguy if I am ever so sick and they torture me with chemo instead of making me comfortable and letting me go.

Mom said Judy's comment was that how could she be sad that Steve was gone when she knows he is in heaven? I think she is in shock since Steve was only gone about an hour at that point. She has a long way to go in her grieving but I am glad she is comforted now that her husband isn't suffering and he has gone Home. Mom offered to be there for her whenever she needed to talk, one widow to another. Everyone can offer to be there to help but I think it really does take someone who has been in the same shoes to understand what she is going through. I can't even begin to imagine losing my spouse. A big part of me would die with him.

Anyway, I have no idea what has been happening in the world of our lodge since I was last here a few weeks ago to ask for your prayers. Judy and the family will still need those prayers to get them through the coming days and months. As for me, I'm imagining Steve is in heaven with my dad and my grandpa and they are back to smoking their pipes together and telling tall fishing tales from years gone by. Steve's dad died when Steve was just a teenager so I imagine there is quite a reunion with his parents, too.

Thank you all for your prayers and positive thoughts. I really wish Steve had been healthy enough to send on a last trip to Disney but I think I knew from the beginning that he was pretty far down the path with his cancer. It was a wishful thought on my part for someway to be able to help, but never grounded in reality.
So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and I hope your recovery goes well and quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Oh Ink, sorry to hear about your cousin Steve,

So I'll play a bit of devils advocate for the doctors, Cancer is not some thing that is ever grounded in reality. My life seems so totally foreign to me now. It is so absolutely all consuming, almost to the point of being unbelievable. The old guy caught an infection last week, which is devastating to some one with leukemia and no immune system, so we spend a week trying to beat that back with antibiotics and transfusion, so he can start chemo again because he can't get a transplant with active leukemia. There is simply no "reality" there. I sit there pleading with the doctors to do any thing and every thing because I just dropped off my 18 year old at the University of Cincinnati and there is no way I can destroy his entire world by showing up at his dorm telling him he has to come home.

As much as I'd like to think I'm making good decisions, the reality is the entire time, with every fiber of my soul, every thing I am is screaming "do whatever you have to do, whatever measures you need to take" I simply cannot even remotely imagine an existence without the old guy.

WD In the interest of full disclosure, let me say that my opinion is strickly based on pure emotion and a bunch of cliche's.

Add on!!
Wow Eliza since I haven't been on here for so long I had no idea what you and your family have been going through. I am sorry that you all have to be going through this. I hope for the very best for you and the Old Guy and I will be praying for you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: