DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #1561
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
You all know that sometimes, as a parent, you find the need to share what your little darlings are doing, so please forgive me . . . .

Our daughter, Pastor Katie, with DSIL Pastor Luke's help, gives her children's sermon yesterday . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk1b9...feature=colike

DiznyDi & I are in there if you look quick in the beginning . .you know parents; always lurking around . . .
She did a great job! Beautiful church, too. I love the windows.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #1562
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Boys went back to school last week & we adopted a new puppy a week ago Monday. It's been a little crazy here since then. I'm not getting much work done since everyone deserted me for school & work! To say he needs a lot of attention would be an understatement. Our older dog is not liking having a younger brother very much. New pup tries so hard to play with her but she wants nothing to do with him. I feel a little bad for him. Hopefully things will calm down over the next few weeks as he gets older & she gets used to having another dog around.
What kind of puppy and what is his name?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #1563
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
[/B]

We have a new addition as well
another rescue Kitty
this poor thing in the worst shape I've seen
she was apparently left in a crate for weeks or months
unable to walk due to muscle wasting, just under 5 lbs
with a sweet gentle personality about 5 yrs old.
I'm happy to report that she is walking.. well barely.
She drags her hid end like she is cross country skiing
but is getting stronger ever day.
We usually foster these kitties but this little Muppet has
already found her forever home right here.
Muppet is her name? She is a beauty!

Our rescue kitten, Inky, is about full grown now I think. We're guessing her birthday is the very beginning of October. She is beautiful and fluffy black, very affectionate. She still plays a lot with Cinderella, our schipperke. I hope they never grow out of playing with each other.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #1564
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Here's a pic of our new puppy. He's a mini Schnauzer. His name is Brady. Go Pats!

And this is what paradise looks like. We were lucky to score one of the private cabanas on Castaway Cay. This is the view down the private beach for cabana guests only. We were in cabana #1. Heaven!

Have a good day groupies! Magical journeys wished for all those going to the World soon!
I should have read further before asking about the new puppy. Another cutie!

We are sailing in December and have my sister and niece with us this time. I guess this would have been the time to consider getting a cabana but they are doing other activities, the stingray feeding and the jet skis, so they won't be around on the beach with us that much. It sounds like you would rent a cabana again? Do they have bathrooms in them? That would be a big plus for me, not having to hike down the beach to get to the main bathrooms.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #1565
Inkmahm
Disney nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
WD, all I can do is agree. As I told you before, the points that DH bought for us on this last cruise was totally unexpected, especially since I had met my goal of points. He is 60 and plans on retirement in a couple of years, so I don't think you are too dang old to add on.
I agree. More points to be able to take family with you is a great idea. And don't worry about being too old. Those grandkids will keep you young! I'm guessing eventually there will be more than just the one grand daughter, right?

Also, DVC is great for retirement. First I have to GO back to work, and then eventually Dynaguy and I will use the points we have towards staying longer during the winter. The more points we have, the more chance we have of getting out of the cold. So..... buy away, WD! Guilt free.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #1566
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
I agree. More points to be able to take family with you is a great idea. And don't worry about being too old. Those grandkids will keep you young! I'm guessing eventually there will be more than just the one grand daughter, right?

Also, DVC is great for retirement. First I have to GO back to work, and then eventually Dynaguy and I will use the points we have towards staying longer during the winter. The more points we have, the more chance we have of getting out of the cold. So..... buy away, WD! Guilt free.
Absolutely Correct!!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #1567
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Love your puppy Julie! ( Horeslover). My dog is half schnauzer!

Old 09-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #1568
mickeyworld
DIS Veteran

Been to them all but VWL.. until now!

Hi !
I am a happy DVC owner (AKL) for many years and have stayed at all the DVC properties in Florida except VWL and I will be there in 5 days! I have a one bedroom with another Disneyholic and can't wait! Is there a view or room number that anyone can recommend as I get to my final hours? Anything I MUST DO at the lodge( except dine, I have that covered)... I always love to hear from the experts so tell me all about it!
Judy
Old 09-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #1569
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyworld View Post
Hi !
I am a happy DVC owner (AKL) for many years and have stayed at all the DVC properties in Florida except VWL and I will be there in 5 days! I have a one bedroom with another Disneyholic and can't wait! Is there a view or room number that anyone can recommend as I get to my final hours? Anything I MUST DO at the lodge( except dine, I have that covered)... I always love to hear from the experts so tell me all about it!
Judy
I recommend a lake view close to the elevator. There isn't much in the way of views at VWL, mostly pine trees.

You can also request an atrium 1 bedroom villa.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #1570
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all your encouragement on adding on! It definitely helps! We shall see what happens.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #1571
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
I have to admit I'm not too happy with the medical profession at the moment. How could Steve be be so sick and they still were giving him chemo and false hope of recovery? There's no way if he is so far gone that his body is starting to shut down that the medical people didn't know just how sick he was. I just don't believe it. I've promised to come back to haunt Dynaguy if I am ever so sick and they torture me with chemo instead of making me comfortable and letting me go.

Mom said Judy's comment was that how could she be sad that Steve was gone when she knows he is in heaven? I think she is in shock since Steve was only gone about an hour at that point. She has a long way to go in her grieving but I am glad she is comforted now that her husband isn't suffering and he has gone Home. Mom offered to be there for her whenever she needed to talk, one widow to another. Everyone can offer to be there to help but I think it really does take someone who has been in the same shoes to understand what she is going through. I can't even begin to imagine losing my spouse. A big part of me would die with him.

Anyway, I have no idea what has been happening in the world of our lodge since I was last here a few weeks ago to ask for your prayers. Judy and the family will still need those prayers to get them through the coming days and months. As for me, I'm imagining Steve is in heaven with my dad and my grandpa and they are back to smoking their pipes together and telling tall fishing tales from years gone by. Steve's dad died when Steve was just a teenager so I imagine there is quite a reunion with his parents, too.

Thank you all for your prayers and positive thoughts. I really wish Steve had been healthy enough to send on a last trip to Disney but I think I knew from the beginning that he was pretty far down the path with his cancer. It was a wishful thought on my part for someway to be able to help, but never grounded in reality.
Oh Ink, sorry to hear about your cousin Steve,

So I'll play a bit of devils advocate for the doctors, Cancer is not some thing that is ever grounded in reality. My life seems so totally foreign to me now. It is so absolutely all consuming, almost to the point of being unbelievable. The old guy caught an infection last week, which is devastating to some one with leukemia and no immune system, so we spend a week trying to beat that back with antibiotics and transfusion, so he can start chemo again because he can't get a transplant with active leukemia. There is simply no "reality" there. I sit there pleading with the doctors to do any thing and every thing because I just dropped off my 18 year old at the University of Cincinnati and there is no way I can destroy his entire world by showing up at his dorm telling him he has to come home.

As much as I'd like to think I'm making good decisions, the reality is the entire time, with every fiber of my soul, every thing I am is screaming "do whatever you have to do, whatever measures you need to take" I simply cannot even remotely imagine an existence without the old guy.

WD In the interest of full disclosure, let me say that my opinion is strickly based on pure emotion and a bunch of cliche's.

Add on!!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #1572
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessDad View Post
It looks like a lot of VWL groupies are heading out on their vacations! I wish I were going with you, but I am locked into work until December, after which time, I'll be shot out like a rubber band for our vacation at VWL.

In other news, I think I need more points. Let me explain. My granddaughter is now 5 and will be 6 in March. How time flies. Anyway, I think that I should upgrade to a 1 bedroom for those times when I was getting a studio. So that means that I'll need to bump up our AKV and GCV points a bit. DW and I will be viewing the Samantha Brown thingy on Sept 15. I'm trying to get her interested in more points, you see. Also, my daughter (the mother of my granddaughter) reacted positively when I told her that they were building a DVC at the Grand Floridian. Hmm, might I add on there? I'll bet that the price for points will be high and it will require a lot of them to stay there. Then I wonder if I should dunk my head in ice cold water, as I am in my early 60's and here I am thinking about adding on. Don't get me wrong, I'm responsible and our debt is relatively low. I have a good job and don't plan on retiring for a while. But am I too dang old to add on?
Buy More Points, Buy More Points, Buy More Points!!!! This is a sub-liminal message
Old 09-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #1573
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Oh Ink, sorry to hear about your cousin Steve,

So I'll play a bit of devils advocate for the doctors, Cancer is not some thing that is ever grounded in reality. My life seems so totally foreign to me now. It is so absolutely all consuming, almost to the point of being unbelievable. The old guy caught an infection last week, which is devastating to some one with leukemia and no immune system, so we spend a week trying to beat that back with antibiotics and transfusion, so he can start chemo again because he can't get a transplant with active leukemia. There is simply no "reality" there. I sit there pleading with the doctors to do any thing and every thing because I just dropped off my 18 year old at the University of Cincinnati and there is no way I can destroy his entire world by showing up at his dorm telling him he has to come home.

As much as I'd like to think I'm making good decisions, the reality is the entire time, with every fiber of my soul, every thing I am is screaming "do whatever you have to do, whatever measures you need to take" I simply cannot even remotely imagine an existence without the old guy.

WD In the interest of full disclosure, let me say that my opinion is strickly based on pure emotion and a bunch of cliche's.

Add on!!

I'm so sorry that these past days have not been good for you and your family. I can only imagine how difficult it is.

I would be the exact same way, E, as you are. There are some situations when docs need to do everything and anything to help the patient. And I would be that way in your situation.

How is the transplant situation looking, any prospective donors?

Prayers for you all. Especially the old guy.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #1574
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post

I'm so sorry that these past days have not been good for you and your family. I can only imagine how difficult it is.

I would be the exact same way, E, as you are. There are some situations when docs need to do everything and anything to help the patient. And I would be that way in your situation.

How is the transplant situation looking, any prospective donors?

Prayers for you all. Especially the old guy.
Happy Sunday Muush, thanks for the love. Still looking for a full match, they're giving it until November. They can do what they call a partial match with the boys so that's an option. Ironically the old guy is probably more sane than me. I'm not a stable mabel the best of times.

And as another fine example of "the Lord always shows us a silver lining". He has an infectious disease doctor helping to make sure this infection doesn't get worse and she is about as big a disney fan as we are.
She and her dh have been toying with the idea of dvc but they are diehard poly fans. Which of course is like waving a red flag in front of a bull to me, I'm gathering all my WL pictures.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #1575
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Sounds good E. My friend whose baby girl needed a BM transplant (due to the inability to make platelets) received a partial transplant from her dad. It was a success and she didn't need any more transplants. Well, it was our understanding it was partial because it was a match, but only 5 out of 6 allogens (if I remember correctly).

Awesome about the doc and WDW! I'm sure it helps to make the situation more palatable and the doc more human!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: