DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #1516
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo View Post
Wife and I next month will be checking into a 1 bdr. villa at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge. I am reading reports that the coffee makers at all deluxe resorts have been replaced by a single serving pod style coffee maker. We like to make a full pot of coffee in the morning.

Has anyone been there lately and can confirm that the 10-12 cup Mr. Coffee makers have been replaced?
Oh man, kill me now, if this is true I purchased a second Owner's Locker to hold my Keurig, in May. I had to pay my annual fee for my OL Sept. 1st. lol.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!
Old 09-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #1517
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny View Post

DLI...great to see you around the boards again. Don't worry, I know we are always welcome here no matter how long we stray. Pull up a rocker and enjoy.
Thanks Granny. I was afraid you all forgot me!
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #1518
Dizny Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
Oh man, kill me now, if this is true I purchased a second Owner's Locker to hold my Keurig, in May. I had to pay my annual fee for my OL Sept. 1st. lol.
Hold On! I haven't been there since such a change may have been made, and we, too, have a second OL primarily to hold our Keurig, but many of the hotels are now changing to the "pod" type single serving coffee machine, but they are NOT keurig. The ones I have expereinced are a filter pack type pod that do not resemble a K-Cup in any fashion.

So before throwing the rope over the patio railing, let's hope we hear from someone at The Lodge to confirm such a deal!

[YC 10/90][DI 6/98][SSR 8/06][DVC 10/06][SSR 3/07][VWL / SSR 12/07][SSR 5/08][SSR 10/08][VWL 5/09][VWL / SSR 12/09][AKV / SSR 5/10][VWL / SSR 12/10][VWL 5/11]
[VWL 10/11][VWL 12/11][AKL 4/12][VWL 5/12][VWL 12/12][Aulani 2/13][SSR 10/13][VWL 12/13][BWV 5/14][VWL 5/14][AKL 10/14][VWL 10/14][VWL 12/14]
[..& Still Planning]
Old 09-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #1519
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Wife and I next month will be checking into a 1 bdr. villa at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge. I am reading reports that the coffee makers at all deluxe resorts have been replaced by a single serving pod style coffee maker. We like to make a full pot of coffee in the morning.

Has anyone been there lately and can confirm that the 10-12 cup Mr. Coffee makers have been replaced?
I kind of hope the coffee makers are being replaced by something, on my 2 previous trips, both coffee machines were broken. I thought I had heard they were changing out the hotel side coffee makers, but not the DVC ones. I was last there in April, and it was still the Mr. Coffee maker, but I'm sure someone has been more recently than me!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #1520
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:

This question keeps popping up but everytime it's been confirmed that the Villas have not switched over.

And as was mentioned - the resort hotels aren't switching to K-cups. They've switched to a pod system (cuisinart if I recall - I drank them for a week at CR in Feb). It sounds like John and Brian at OL might set up a protest if the Villas switched!

Hi DLI!!!!!! Nice to see you and your wiggling Corgi back here!!

Old 09-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #1521
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
This question keeps popping up but everytime it's been confirmed that the Villas have not switched over.

And as was mentioned - the resort hotels aren't switching to K-cups. They've switched to a pod system (cuisinart if I recall - I drank them for a week at CR in Feb). It sounds like John and Brian at OL might set up a protest if the Villas switched!
Kathy is correct - we were just at VWL and Kidani and the villas are (for the time being) still the standard 12 cup coffee makers we're accustomed to. If they ever do change these over to any type of cup/pod system I will be very displeased.

Disney DVC doesn't know what I'm like when I'm displeased... they should ask my kids before making any rash decisions
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #1522
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
Kathy is correct - we were just at VWL and Kidani and the villas are (for the time being) still the standard 12 cup coffee makers we're accustomed to. If they ever do change these over to any type of cup/pod system I will be very displeased.

Disney DVC doesn't know what I'm like when I'm displeased... they should ask my kids before making any rash decisions
Sounds like Tammy!!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #1523
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
Me too but we got our new one in Dec. Main purpose of 2nd OL was to hold the Keurig. I don't know what I'm going to do if I ever have to give up my OLs & ship all that stuff home!

Hello groupies! I've been remiss in not getting a post up since we returned from our DCL Dream cruise. We LOVED it!!! We had so much fun & we can't wait to go again. Now I'm just counting down the days until our Christmas stay at the Lodge!

Boys went back to school last week & we adopted a new puppy a week ago Monday. It's been a little crazy here since then. I'm not getting much work done since everyone deserted me for school & work! To say he needs a lot of attention would be an understatement. Our older dog is not liking having a younger brother very much. New pup tries so hard to play with her but she wants nothing to do with him. I feel a little bad for him. Hopefully things will calm down over the next few weeks as he gets older & she gets used to having another dog around.

I'm off again this weekend to check out the Sandals resorts in Jamaica. It's a work trip but they do allow us a small amount of free time. Thankfully our nights our free. A couple of my fellow agents I became friends with at training are also going so it should be fun. I feel bad leaving the new dog though. Too much going on here for me to be going away but this trip was planned months ago so not much I can do about it now except to just go.

Hope everyone in groupie land is doing well!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #1524
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

It's official the old guy & I live under a rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizny Dad View Post
Hold On! I haven't been there since such a change may have been made, and we, too, have a second OL primarily to hold our Keurig, but many of the hotels are now changing to the "pod" type single serving coffee machine, but they are NOT keurig. The ones I have expereinced are a filter pack type pod that do not resemble a K-Cup in any fashion.

So before throwing the rope over the patio railing, let's hope we hear from someone at The Lodge to confirm such a deal!
Ok, we're not coffee drinkers so have pity on me. I've heard of the keurig but exactly what are they.

I think I'm really out of the loop, I just realized I've never been in a starbucks either.

Tea drinkers here.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #1525
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Hello groupies! I've been remiss in not getting a post up since we returned from our DCL Dream cruise. We LOVED it!!! We had so much fun & we can't wait to go again. Now I'm just counting down the days until our Christmas stay at the Lodge!

Boys went back to school last week & we adopted a new puppy a week ago Monday. It's been a little crazy here since then. I'm not getting much work done since everyone deserted me for school & work! To say he needs a lot of attention would be an understatement. Our older dog is not liking having a younger brother very much. New pup tries so hard to play with her but she wants nothing to do with him. I feel a little bad for him. Hopefully things will calm down over the next few weeks as he gets older & she gets used to having another dog around.

I'm off again this weekend to check out the Sandals resorts in Jamaica. It's a work trip but they do allow us a small amount of free time. Thankfully our nights our free. A couple of my fellow agents I became friends with at training are also going so it should be fun. I feel bad leaving the new dog though. Too much going on here for me to be going away but this trip was planned months ago so not much I can do about it now except to just go.

Congats on the new puppy!! Tell him not to take the rejection to bad, Rizzo the rat wasn't to fond of Sid when he first gazed upon him. Kept asking us when the new baby was going "home".

Dh and I visited Sandals many, many years ago. We did the one in Ochos Rios, the one aspect we didn't like about it was that you couldn't dine by yourself. They kept pairing us off with other couples every night. We're pretty socialable but by the third night we were ready for some 1 on 1 time. this was a long time ago so hopefully they give you the option. Grounds and resort were stunning though.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #1526
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Ok, we're not coffee drinkers so have pity on me. I've heard of the keurig but exactly what are they.

I think I'm really out of the loop, I just realized I've never been in a starbucks either.

Tea drinkers here.
DH and DD are the only coffee drinkers in our house. I love my spearmint hot tea in the morning and iced tea the rest of the day. Kati has thought about getting the keurig, but went with a small coffee maker that uses her favorite flavored Folgers that only makes one cup at a time, which is all she drinks.

Kati and I like Starbucks, she is a little more adventurous than I am, since she likes coffee, but I do love their vanilla bean frappuccino.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 09-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #1527
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Tea drinkers here.
Aw Kindred Spirits.... Starbucks does have a good chi tea hot or cold

Horselover Congrats on your new Puppy

We have a new addition as well
another rescue Kitty
this poor thing in the worst shape I've seen
she was apparently left in a crate for weeks or months
unable to walk due to muscle wasting, just under 5 lbs
with a sweet gentle personality about 5 yrs old.
I'm happy to report that she is walking.. well barely.
She drags her hid end like she is cross country skiing
but is getting stronger ever day.
We usually foster these kitties but this little Muppet has
already found her forever home right here.

OK back on topic 8 Day Happy Dance
Corinne looking forward to a mini meet Sending you a PM soon

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 09-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #1528
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Horselover~Welcome back! Glad your cruise was so wonderful. You sure have your hands full with your new puppy.

Teapot~I posted a while back we switched to the BCV but I hope we can still meet somewhere in the world! It is so close!!! sending a pm now!

Old 09-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #1529
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Me too but we got our new one in Dec. Main purpose of 2nd OL was to hold the Keurig. I don't know what I'm going to do if I ever have to give up my OLs & ship all that stuff home!

Congratulations on your new addition! Have a great time at Sandals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea pot View Post
Aw Kindred Spirits.... Starbucks does have a good chi tea hot or cold

Horselover Congrats on your new Puppy

We have a new addition as well
another rescue Kitty
this poor thing in the worst shape I've seen
she was apparently left in a crate for weeks or months
unable to walk due to muscle wasting, just under 5 lbs
with a sweet gentle personality about 5 yrs old.
I'm happy to report that she is walking.. well barely.
She drags her hid end like she is cross country skiing
but is getting stronger ever day.
We usually foster these kitties but this little Muppet has
already found her forever home right here.

OK back on topic 8 Day Happy Dance
Corinne looking forward to a mini meet Sending you a PM soon
Oh Joy. I had to read your post a few times to absorb what you said, not believing anyone.....well, lets just say I am tenderhearted towards animals and so sad and happy for that beautiful kitty at the same time.

Bless you for giving this kitty a forever home.
Please keep us updated (or at least me, you have my email) as to how she is doing.

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #1530
Granny

Is a REAL man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post

Disney DVC doesn't know what I'm like when I'm displeased...

You won't like twinklebug when she's "displeased"

(yep, I'm a guy)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: