DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #136
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Maria, our suitcases are coming out tomorrow! The packing will begin. Take lots of pictures of your daughters graduation. Would love to see them! We'll be seeing you in just a few short days!
Florida sun, here we come!

DiznyDi/Dad, Maria, tea pot and stopher - anyone else going to be at the World (Magic Kingdom in particular) and want to join us for a mini meet on the 30th? Let us hear from you.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #137
DiznyDi

Julie - what wonderful news for both you and your DH! I wish you every success as you grow and develop your new business venture. We all know it will take a good deal of your time as you get your site up and going, but, don't be a stranger. Stop by for a visit now and again.
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #138
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Got to share...Capt. D(my DS Casey), myself and a longtime friend from HS are going to relive our teen yrs. tonight. We are going to see Van Halen! Kool and the Gang are opening. Got my earplugs, check, cough drops, check, aspirin, check. Anything Im missing Oh yea, my younger days. Going to see a bunch of 60 yr old rockers!!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #139
DiznyDi

Rock on Jimmy! Hope you and Casey have a great time!
Old 04-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #140
tea pot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Maria, our suitcases are coming out tomorrow! The packing will begin. Take lots of pictures of your daughters graduation. Would love to see them! We'll be seeing you in just a few short days!
Florida sun, here we come!

DiznyDi/Dad, Maria, tea pot and stopher - anyone else going to be at the World (Magic Kingdom in particular) and want to join us for a mini meet on the 30th? Let us hear from you.
So looking forward to seeing you all.....
I can just about feel the Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytammy View Post
Got to share...Capt. D(my DS Casey), myself and a longtime friend from HS are going to relive our teen yrs. tonight. We are going to see Van Halen! Kool and the Gang are opening. Got my earplugs, check, cough drops, check, aspirin, check. Anything Im missing Oh yea, my younger days. Going to see a bunch of 60 yr old rockers!!
Way Cool Jimmy...

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep
Old 04-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #141
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Jimmy, how was VH? My dh and son were hoping to go when they were here in Boston, but it never came to fruition.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #142
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Julie Two years ago I chose a permanent position so I could have paid vacations and sick time, as well as partial college tuition reimbursement since I decided to return to school in 2009. It was a really tough decision leaving the freedom and flexibility of the relief position behind.

Maria, I also made a similar decision a few years ago, and I really do miss my freedom and flexibilty.

teapot...looking forward to seeing you, DiznyDi and Dad and stopher next week ! I leave for Tallahassee and my daughter's FSU graduation on Wed. I'm down to packing crunch time !
Maria~Wow, your daughter is graduating! Time flies! I can't believe our older son graduated THREE years ago, and our younger son is finishing his sophomore year. While it does go by fast, why do the tuition payments feel excruciatingly dragged out.

Hope you, Teapot, Dizny Di & Dad will post some photos of your meet!!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #143
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
Jimmy, how was VH? My dh and son were hoping to go when they were here in Boston, but it never came to fruition.
They were really good. Eddie is at his finest right now. I have seen them many times as they were my favorite in my teen and young adult yrs. It is great seeing him with his son and brother on stage. Honestly, if David Lee Roth werent there, we wouldnt miss much. His potty mouth leaves a lot to be desired, maybe its just me, old age or the fact that my DS is there with me. The Van Halens could have just played instrumental, did the backing vocals, and it would have made for a great show. I had hoped DLR had cleaned up his act, not so. But the music was what we went for, that again was outstanding.

Kool and the Gang were great too. Sang lots of hits, maybe one song I had never heard, most likely from their early days, but I did recognize Jungle Boogie, and that was an early hit.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #144
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Whoa, lots of groupies in the World in a few days. I feel a meet coming on! We need pics, dont yall forget all us little people back home, working away the days. Seriously, for all that have trips coming soon, have a great time!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #145
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Hey fellow travelers....I won't be down until Tuesday. Just a quick visit to OKW. Maria and Stopher...I'm at OKW...maybe we could meet up. Di would love to meet somewhere!! I am down meeting up with some friends so I'm solo at OKW.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #146
Nicoal13
not so patiently waiting for next vacation

My first time to the new thread. Things are just too busy around here lately.

Could really use a trip to the world, but am going to have to settle for VB in August. Just the hubby and myself, for our anniversary.

DS is begging for a trip...just don't know when to fit it in. Harder now that I'm back to working part-time after being a SAHM for 6 years. I only get 3 days of vacation per year. Although I can take time off unpaid. Boss is very understanding and values family time, but I don't want to take advantage either. Thinking about November though, DS has his 7th bday then and would like to go with some friends. Otherwise wait until February....

Can't wait to see all the pics and live vicariously through all of you.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #147
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
They were really good. Eddie is at his finest right now. I have seen them many times as they were my favorite in my teen and young adult yrs. It is great seeing him with his son and brother on stage. Honestly, if David Lee Roth werent there, we wouldnt miss much. His potty mouth leaves a lot to be desired, maybe its just me, old age or the fact that my DS is there with me. The Van Halens could have just played instrumental, did the backing vocals, and it would have made for a great show. I had hoped DLR had cleaned up his act, not so. But the music was what we went for, that again was outstanding.

Kool and the Gang were great too. Sang lots of hits, maybe one song I had never heard, most likely from their early days, but I did recognize Jungle Boogie, and that was an early hit.
Sounds great! I lost interest in DLR loooong ago, always thought they were better off without him.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #148
jimmytammy
Not Tammy, just Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinne View Post
Sounds great! I lost interest in DLR loooong ago, always thought they were better off without him.
I really liked their songs(on album)with him and liked Sammy Hagar the 1st couple albums, but they really began to crumble IMO after that. The new album has them back musically where they need to be, but DLR needs to go.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #149
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Quote:
I really liked their songs(on album)with him and liked Sammy Hagar the 1st couple albums, but they really began to crumble IMO after that. The new album has them back musically where they need to be, but DLR needs to go.
I concur, well, except for the new album, since I have not heard it yet! (not a true fan like you and my guys, I guess!!

Old 04-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #150
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Well, it's a rainy, cool Sunday here in the mountains, and now they're calling for snow flurries tomorrow here and accumulations of snow just a couple of hours north! Luvvwl and I are in Missing the World mode, so we sat and watched a couple of hours of video from past trips. We took no video two weeks ago, but we did take a few photos, so here some of them to help those of us who aren't at the mini-meet get by until our next trip. . .

The view above the fourth floor outdoor seating area

View from that same sitting area (also where our ceremony will be)

From the gurgling stream heading out from the main lobby

Here's a pic we hadn't seen before. We found this balcony area while exploring a little before changing to go to dinner at CG. We never even knew this area existed!

From the same balcony as the shot above

Hope these put a bit of pep into someone's day! (Sorry these are so big!)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: