Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 02:35 AM   #76
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to a brand new and exciting episode!!!! Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our..........oh right, that's that other show

I again find myself snuggled under my blanket with the weather outside nothing short of downright miserable It's cold, wet and definitely inside weather!

So........

I have been checking all the new pics that are popping up with sneak peaks of Cars Land. Oh my word, it just looks so wonderful and the attention to detail is an absolute credit to Disney and the Imagineers. I have been very good though ( although tempted! ) and I have not watched the ride through for Radiator Springs Racers as I really want it to be a surprise. DD also says she will refrain from looking!!! Wow, that sure is some kind of will power

I have been looking into travel insurance over the last week and got a great deal with Travel Insurance Direct that was half the price of the travel agencies quote
After all, any money saved will be going into the spending money fund and you can never have too much of that

We have also decided that we will be visiting Knotts berry farm again to give it a second chance. We have only been once and that day was not a memorable one I am afraid! It was hot, there were loads of people as they were having a charity day and we were just not impressed. However, the DD and I are roller coaster junkies and as we will be on our own this trip, we can ride to our hearts content. So, we will give it another go!

Our closest friends have just come back from a one month trip in the USA. I was so excited as they brought me home some current Disneyland and DCA maps and a you beaut Minnie pin from the Angels stadium. I have poured over the maps and I really cannot believe we will be back soon

They were really sad that they missed Cars Land by just a whisker and are all kinds of jealous that we will get to see it in all it's glory! They took a load of pics for us though which we were very excited about. The map for DCA has Beuna Vista street listed as "coming soon", but no sign of Cars Land at all.

I have just ordered my 2013 copy of The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland from The Book Depository. For those of you that are book lovers and you have not checked them out yet, do yourself a favour as they have the best service, cheap prices ( very cheap actually ) AND free posatge to anywhere in the world. I have been buying the guide book since 2008 ( when we were supposed to go with the DD for her first trip but I got too sick and was banned from flying ) but we certaily made up for it later! The other book I always purchase is Birnbaums guide which is actually the official guide book licensed by Disney.
They are both great to have and I have learnt many a good tip that I have put to good use. The unofficial guide also has touring plans in the book and DD and I are going to try one out this year so it should be fun to see how it works! I also learnt about Touring Plans through them and have joined myself up to their website - . Awesome for predicting crowd levels and they have all sorts of other Disney info!
http://touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/touring-plans

My friend also brought me back some new magnets to go on my fridge and one of which was for the new Transformers ride at Universal! They absolutely loved this and from what I have read so far, so does everyone else. Definitely looking forward to this one

I have just about finalised the "actual" itineray including meals so should have it to post next week for you all to have look over and make suggestions and/or let me know what you think!

So, so excited.........just 134 sleeps to go!

Please feel free to say hi ( especially if you are living in lurkdom) It's always nice to know I am not just writing this for myself!

Take care everyone

Last edited by Minnie Sue Oz; 06-11-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Minnie Sue Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #77
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

OH i am soooo lurking! YAY on new maps and treats from Disney! The trip is getting closer, and now price watching for another possible girls only trip!

I am still on here daily, so addicted, reading TRs and such. Have a great day hopefully it warms up a bit, it has rained all weekend here, and my DS has a golf tournament today, looks like it maybe rained out. boooo

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #78
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Subscribing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Good afternoon everyone and welcome to a brand new and exciting episode!!!! Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our..........oh right, that's that other show

I again find myself snuggled under my blanket with the weather outside nothing short of downright miserable It's cold, wet and definitely inside weather!

So........

I have been checking all the new pics that are popping up with sneak peaks of Cars Land. Oh my word, it just looks so wonderful and the attention to detail is an absolute credit to Disney and the Imagineers. I have been very good though ( although tempted! ) and I have not watched the ride through for Radiator Springs Racers as I really want it to be a surprise. DD also says she will refrain from looking!!! Wow, that sure is some kind of will power

I have been looking into travel insurance over the last week and got a great deal with Travel Insurance Direct that was half the price of the travel agencies quote
After all, any money saved will be going into the spending money fund and you can never have too much of that

We have also decided that we will be visiting Knotts berry farm again to give it a second chance. We have only been once and that day was not a memorable one I am afraid! It was hot, there were loads of people as they were having a charity day and we were just not impressed. However, the DD and I are roller coaster junkies and as we will be on our own this trip, we can ride to our hearts content. So, we will give it another go!

Our closest friends have just come back from a one month trip in the USA. I was so excited as they brought me home some current Disneyland and DCA maps and a you beaut Minnie pin from the Angels stadium. I have poured over the maps and I really cannot believe we will be back soon

They were really sad that they missed Cars Land by just a whisker and are all kinds of jealous that we will get to see it in all it's glory! They took a load of pics for us though which we were very excited about. The map for DCA has Beuna Vista street listed as "coming soon", but no sign of Cars Land at all.

I have just ordered my 2013 copy of The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland from The Book Depository. For those of you that are book lovers and you have not checked them out yet, do yourself a favour as they have the best service, cheap prices ( very cheap actually ) AND free posatge to anywhere in the world. I have been buying the guide book since 2008 ( when we were supposed to go with the DD for her first trip but I got too sick and was banned from flying ) but we certaily made up for it later! The other book I always purchase is Birnbaums guide which is actually the official guide book licensed by Disney.
They are both great to have and I have learnt many a good tip that I have put to good use. The unofficial guide also has touring plans in the book and DD and I are going to try one out this year so it should be fun to see how it works! I also learnt about Touring Plans through them and have joined myself up to their website - . Awesome for predicting crowd levels and they have all sorts of other Disney info!
http://touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/touring-plans

My friend also brought me back some new magnets to go on my fridge and one of which was for the new Transformers ride at Universal! They absolutely loved this and from what I have read so far, so does everyone else. Definitely looking forward to this one

I have just about finalised the "actual" itineray including meals so should have it to post next week for you all to have look over and make suggestions and/or let me know what you think!

So, so excited.........just 134 sleeps to go!

Please feel free to say hi ( especially if you are living in lurkdom) It's always nice to know I am not just writing this for myself!

Take care everyone
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #79
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Now you know things are big when they hit our little regional local evening news broadcast here in New South Wales, Australia..................

"In overseas news, Disneyland unveil it's multi million dollar new attraction based on the Pixar movie Cars"...............

Oh my word..............................how exciting is that!!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #80
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Another oh my word moment...............Glow with Show......

So, we all know about World of Color, right? Well, it has just been made better than I could have ever imagined.......................

You are now able to purchase light up ears that are totally synced to the entire show..........................it is simply one of the best things I have seen to enhance what is already Disney magic.................

The debate is on as to how much they will be. The DD and I have just said we will go every night just to use the ears!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr18V3grRYs

Wow........no really.......WOW.............:wiza rd:

I want to go right now.............
Old 06-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #81
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

I saw those ears on the Disney parks blog - they look awesome! But do you worry that they could distract a bit from the actual show? I guess if they're totally synched to the show they would go black when they're supposed to

I didn't see Carsland in the news though! You must be getting so excited to see it! Can't wait to see you TR

I have seen the Buzz Lighyear ads once or twice though - wish I knew when they were coming on so I could record them to add to my Disney collection

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & VRBO) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #82
Aust
DIS Veteran

I recorded the Today show yesterday so we could see the Carsland segment, I showed my husband who up to this point hasn't been too enthusiastic, but even he was impressed with the snippet of RSR shown. I think he'll love it once he's there, and our 3 year old will love it.

We're going to Knotts Berry Farm this time too - we haven't been before and my husband is really looking forward to it, he loves the more extreme rides - I am not quite as adventourous as him and from what I've seen on youtube there are some rides there I'll definitely NOT be going on! but others look like fun. My almost 11 year old says she's going on everything with her dad but I bet she'll chicken out on some when she sees how high/fast they are in real life.

I bet you are like me though and wish they'd hurry up and tell us when the Halloween parties are, I feel like I can't finish my planing without that.
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #83
Velvetia
Mouseketeer

Hey Minnie Sue Oz

I am loving your PTR - I am just starting to plan our trip for mid-October too, I have picked up loads of tips and ideas from reading your PTR.Thanks! Those light-up ears sound just awesome - hope they still have them come October

Me DGranny : DS9 DS7
Velvetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #84
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
I saw those ears on the Disney parks blog - they look awesome! But do you worry that they could distract a bit from the actual show? I guess if they're totally synched to the show they would go black when they're supposed to

I didn't see Carsland in the news though! You must be getting so excited to see it! Can't wait to see you TR

I have seen the Buzz Lighyear ads once or twice though - wish I knew when they were coming on so I could record them to add to my Disney collection
I think the ears are going to be heaps of fun!!! they are synced excatly with the music and the colours all flash like they are part of the show. Simply amazing!!!

I tell you, I just cannot wait to see Carsland. So exciting to think oyu can walk straight into radiator Springs as it really does look just like the movie!

I haven't seen the Buzz Lightyear ads you speak of. Was that on the TV?

And the TR should be a good one as I will have my new DSLR camera so the photos should be better than last time!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:32 AM   #85
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust View Post
I recorded the Today show yesterday so we could see the Carsland segment, I showed my husband who up to this point hasn't been too enthusiastic, but even he was impressed with the snippet of RSR shown. I think he'll love it once he's there, and our 3 year old will love it.

We're going to Knotts Berry Farm this time too - we haven't been before and my husband is really looking forward to it, he loves the more extreme rides - I am not quite as adventourous as him and from what I've seen on youtube there are some rides there I'll definitely NOT be going on! but others look like fun. My almost 11 year old says she's going on everything with her dad but I bet she'll chicken out on some when she sees how high/fast they are in real life.

I bet you are like me though and wish they'd hurry up and tell us when the Halloween parties are, I feel like I can't finish my planing without that.
I think I will have to put the telly on to check out the today show! I try not to though as I find myself getting sidetracked at the best of times while trying to get ready for work, so you can image what I would be like if there is something Disney involved!!!

The rides at Knotts berry are definitely not for the fainthearted! DD and I did a few last time, but it was just sooooo busy the day we were there we didn't get on many and as DH is not into all the fast ones, we didn't want him waiting for us all day! They have a huge wooden roller coaster called Ghost Rider.............wow, we all went on that one and I swear my teeth actually rattled loose!!!! needless to say we wouldn't get back on that one again...................it's a bone cruncher

Wait til your DD and DH see the Xcelerator!!!! You will have to let me know if they get on it!!!

I want to go for the food Mrs Knotts fried chicken and a big slab of pie!!! ( we won't mention that I am starting Tony Ferguson tomorrow!!! Vacation food doesn't count though, right???!!! )

And yep, can't wait for them to announce the party dates for Halloween as I want to organise our "non" DL days on party days when the park closes early.

The countdown is getting exciting........not long til double figures!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #86
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetia View Post
Hey Minnie Sue Oz

I am loving your PTR - I am just starting to plan our trip for mid-October too, I have picked up loads of tips and ideas from reading your PTR.Thanks! Those light-up ears sound just awesome - hope they still have them come October
Welcome and thnks so much for joining in

Looks like we can plan together So glad to hear you have picked up some tips from this PTR. It makes it so much more enjoyable to write when I know there are folk out there reading along

I am hoping they will the ears in October. They just look so much fun and just how clever are Disney?! I swear just when I think they have outdone themselves, they go and do something even more amazing.......gotta love 'em
Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #87
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Subscribing!
Enjoy and thanks for joining in
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 AM   #88
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

Those ears with the WOC look amazing! I wonder how/if they'll work outside the show though...seems a bit of a waste having light-up ears that only light-up during the show! Mind you, Mickey ears aren't a waste :P

I think this is the Buzz ad - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eq2JLy9jk0 there have been a few that I've seen the past few weeks but they are longer. So exciting whenever I see a Disney ad in Australia
miss.potatohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #89
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
I think the ears are going to be heaps of fun!!! they are synced excatly with the music and the colours all flash like they are part of the show. Simply amazing!!!

I tell you, I just cannot wait to see Carsland. So exciting to think oyu can walk straight into radiator Springs as it really does look just like the movie!

I haven't seen the Buzz Lightyear ads you speak of. Was that on the TV?

And the TR should be a good one as I will have my new DSLR camera so the photos should be better than last time!!!
Woohoo So much to look forward to! Your photos were so good last time, you'll get some awesome shots with your fancy new camera!

Yep, the Buzz Lightyear ads were on TV. I think they were on the Disney parks blog a few weeks ago, and I was so excited when I saw them! It's only been twice I think, and I forget what channel/time slot etc

Woohoo for nearly double digits

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend (DI&S & VRBO) PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #90
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

I L O V E that buzz ad! I made the friend im trying to convince to come do DL with me next year watch it! We've both come to the conclusion that we want a little buzz lightyear that walks and talks! And there's a super awesome star wars one which i'll post for you all when I get home (for all you star wars fans :D)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: