Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #31
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I'm here!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 AM   #32
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I'm here!!
Hi there and welcome!

I was wondering if you were going to pop in!!!

It's going to be a fun ride!!!

Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 02:36 AM   #33
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
Just popped in to say... OMG super jealous!!! 16 nights at DLR over Halloween - I can't wait to hear all about this trip!

And I think you should do the Carousel at the beginning of the trip too. It's always nice to finish off with the things you know you're going to enjoy.
Well thank you so much for popping in and a big hi right back at ya!!!

Yes, I still have to pinch myself that we get so long at our happy place to do whatever we want, when we want..........hmmmmm, who said we can't have funnel cakes for breakfast every day!!!

I am full swing into planning and enjoying every minute of it!

I contacted the travel agent re swapping dates, so hopefully we can do the Carousel Inn at the beginning as we do love our Ho Jo!!!

Thanks for coming along, it's going to be fun!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #34
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Hi there everyone

I do think it's about time for an update!!!

We have had a big week indeed this past week as the DD has celebrated her 15th birthday! A wonderful time was had by all at the laser tag get together with her mad mates, and she did get just a tad spoiled from Mum and Dad and Grandma and Poppy ( being the only child AND only grandchild helps somewhat!!!)

I thought I would include a couple of pics as I am big on having pictures tell the story ( have you seen my trip report???)

Here is the birthday girl with the balloons I had as a surprise for her in her room when she got home from school. They were all floating on the ceiling and she has since told me it was her favourite part...........she loves the little things too, just like her Mum. I had 15 in all and got every Disney ballooon print they had in the shop to choose from which wasn't too many..........Pooh, Princesses, Mickey, Toy Story and of course we had I just had to find a piratey one too!!!

For anyone who has read my TR, you will know that "Girl" is DD's special Minnie she has had since she was born..........here she is holding the Mickey balloon!!!

And did someone say presents..............bit of a theme here don't you think!!!

Amongst other items not pictured were a couple of collectibles for the Lion King collection.............a Bradford Exchange collector plate and also the Swarowski Lion King title plaque ( it's the little orange thing on the plate box!!! )

Now, on with the PTR!!!

I have decided I will be buying an AP over the phone in the next week or 2 as I have been told by a clever Diser that if I purchase a pass over the phone it will be active immediately. This will then allow me to puchase our tickets to Mickey's halloween party when they go on sale to the AP holders who do get to buy them before the general public.
As we wont' be going back to DL next year, it doesn't matter that it will expire this time next year. I will purchase another just before we go and activate that one when we get to the park. I bought us all AP's for the last trip and we found the discounts were just great! 20% off merchandise, 15% off food sounds good to me!!! Plus, I want to do the Happiest Haunts guided tour and I can get a discount off that too!!!

On another note, we have decided that we are going to have a Mum day and a daughter day each week we are there. So, on my day DD has to go along with what I want to do and on her day...............well, you get the idea!!!!

So I am sure on DD's day it will be nothing but baked potatoes from the Troubador Tavern and continuous going around on Pirates!!!!
AND, we will doing it for both parks!!!!

I have started to get in some things for her airport bag. Every time we go away somewhere and we fly, I always give her a bag of goodies for the trip.

I am trying to get most things with a Halloween theme but all will definietly be Disney themed

I have tissues, pyjamas, pens and pins with a new lanyard so far!

Any suggestions for little treats are most welcome

Less than 6 months now...............oh yeah!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #35
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Wow lucky DD! Sounds like a great birthday!

I like the idea of a mum day and a daughter day

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (Howard Johnson & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HK Disneyland Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) with HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Aug/Sep 2014 DLR Half Marathon Weekend PTR - 2015 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #36
Aust
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to the rest of your PTR and the actual trip report, I really enjoyed your last one!

We will be in DL for Halloween Time too, but almost a month before you (20th Sept to 3rd Oct).

I was going to suggest buying your AP over the phone so it's already activated - I found that out accidentally when I couldn't buy my husband's online. Now I can use his to buy our Halloween party tickets.
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #37
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

What a fun birthday surprise! I think you about covered all the characters!

I love the planning stage - planning is almost the best part for me! For the travel bag - are there any movies she doesn't have yet? We always love to travel with a portable DVD player.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #38
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Oh the Mum DD day sounds wonderful! I think we will have to do that as well, DS day!! LOL but I can see it being more like this is your 2 hours you pick what we do. I can see DS1 picking California screaming over and over, then DS2 doing buzz over and over!LOL

We use to travel with the portable DVD player, but have graduated to the ipad, and I love it! We load it up with movies and tv shows, plus some games. Keeps the little ones busy and the older one plays his Ipod!

Happy Birthday to your DD!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR Leaving the kids at home and doing WDW Sept 2013 PTR
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #39
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust View Post
Looking forward to the rest of your PTR and the actual trip report, I really enjoyed your last one!

We will be in DL for Halloween Time too, but almost a month before you (20th Sept to 3rd Oct).

I was going to suggest buying your AP over the phone so it's already activated - I found that out accidentally when I couldn't buy my husband's online. Now I can use his to buy our Halloween party tickets.
You'll have to let me know how the crowd levels are! I'm planning on going around those dates in 2013
KiwiMouseGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #40
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Happy Late Birthday Laura!! Those presents are really cool. My 17th is two weeks from today

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #41
KiwiMouseGirl
Mouseketeer

Happy Birthday for two weeks away

Last edited by KiwiMouseGirl; 05-09-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: ...I can't spell
KiwiMouseGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #42
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Time for an update me thinks!

Well, lots has been happening since my last post including an annual pass double up.........................

So this is how the story unfolds. I got the word ( as it seems did many other Disers ) that the price of Disneyland tickets and annual passes would be rising as of the 20th of May. I was going to wait until later on to buy our tickets, but at a $150.00 hike in the Premium AP, I was instantly whipping out the credit card to buy ours right away. It turns out that I had got the news quite late as when I logged on to the Disneyland site I only had a short window of time to get my order in as it was only 3 hours off getting in by the deadline.

So, I filled out the details and hit the submit button and was rewarded with an order number and a message to say I would receive a confirmation email shortly with the tickets attached. Now I knew they would be busy as I was sure there were loads of people who would want to take advantage of buying tickets before they went up. How right I was...............so I waited, checked the inbox, waited some more, checked the inbox, waited a bit longer but still no email.
The clock was ticking so I honestly thought there was something wrong and my order had not gone through ( can you guess where I am going with this???)
I had a matter of moments until the stroke of midnight US time, so I grabbed the credit card and did the order again..........................and yep, BOTH orders were processed.

So, I am now the proud owner of 4, yes 4 annual passes

It turns out they were so busy the confirmation emails were up to 48 hours behind.
I rang Disney right away when I realised what could potentially happen and on the cast members advice, emailed Disney right away. I advised how the second purchase came about as i had not received my email "shortly" as it stated on the order page. I also rang my credit card company to tell them what had taken place and they were quite understanding. I checked my account this evening and my fears were confirmed when the second charge appeared today.

As I write this, I am still waiting to hear back from Disney as to whether they will reverse the second lot of charges. I really hope and pray they will be compassionate as the charge is $921.00 Australian.

I also rang my bank again tonight and they say that if Disney will not come to the party that they can look at what they can do. So, all I can do is wait and hope that this all works out. Otherwise I am going to have 2 annual passes that will go to waste as they are not transferrable....................surely the Disney people will understand and I hope they do as I could not bear having ill will towards the one thing in my life that brings me so much joy.

I will keep you all updated on the progress!

Now, with all that drama out the way.................

I have been getting excited ( especially now as we have our tickets).

I had been looking at getting a costume to wear to the Halloween party, but the more I think about it, I am looking at just going back to my original idea of wearing a specially made T-shirt. I want to be comfortable and really am a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. There are some very, very clever Disers here on the Disign boards so will be looking for their help again to create something wonderful! My birthday shirt I had made for the last holiday was just marvellous and I love having something that original and just mine!

We are just about to go under the 5 months to go mark.............sooooooo excited!!!!

More soon.........thanks for reading

Last edited by Minnie Sue Oz; 05-23-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Minnie Sue Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #43
Disluvney
Earning My Ears

Joining in on your adventure with you and your daughter! You are such as awesome mom to plan all this. Sorry to hear about the extra 2 AP's processing. Hopefully Disney will fix it asap with a refund or your bank will see it as a duplicate transaction and void the sale right away. Looking forward to more updates
Disluvney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #44
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Yikes! I hope it gets all sorted out! Which reminds me I had better call and ensure mine went through, I never recieved anything either!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR Leaving the kids at home and doing WDW Sept 2013 PTR
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #45
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Jumping on quick to let you know i have received a response from Disney this morning.................umm, I don't think anyone actually READ my email..........

Thank you for contacting Disney Ticket Services!

Due to a high volume of orders, our wait time had increased for the
e-ticket emails.

We are sure, by now you have received your e-ticket. If you haven't
already, simply print out the e-ticket and bring it to any Main Entrance
Box Office windows at the resort to pick up your Annual Passports or
tickets.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best Wishes,
Amy
Disneyland Resort

Ummmmmm, I am so disappointed as I penned a very descriptive email with order numbers etc, ( as advised by the cast member ) and the above was what I got back. AND, it doesnt even make sense..........

I have emailed again this morning so hoping someone actually takes the time to read it rather than just sending what appears to be a generic email.

I will be ringing them again when I get home too ( am in Queensland for work! ).

Fingers crossed someone actually takes the time to respond properly.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: