Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #181
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

I can not believe that I just found your PTR as I followed your previous TR. I will be there on Halloween night. We are coming down just for that one night for the Halloween party. I am so excited. We went in 2010 and had so much fun.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #182
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

I would definitely be taking advantage of that opportunity to have a driver Would be great to check out some of those places you might not otherwise be able to get to very easily.

Best of luck to your DD!

And I love your new bag! I would really love to 'invest' in one of those one day, when I run out of other stuff to spend money on

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #183
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

I love my Disney Dooneys, as well as Harveys bags. I am really holding out on buying another and hoping that Dooney or Harveys will do a Villains bag.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #184
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
I can not believe that I just found your PTR as I followed your previous TR. I will be there on Halloween night. We are coming down just for that one night for the Halloween party. I am so excited. We went in 2010 and had so much fun.

Hello and welcome back!!!!!! So nice to have you on board!

We really cannot wait until the Halloween party. We will have to see if we can catch you so we can say hi! I will be accompanied by the lovely Miss Snow White and will be wearing my "security" shirt

Are you getting dressed up?

I have ordered one of the light up trick or treat bags for the DD as we have been told that there is loads of candy to be had! We are planning on donating most of it to the kids at the hotel where we are staying as we thought it would be nice for those who didn't get to attend the party! I might just give it to the staff and they can distribute how they see fit! Last time we stayed there, we actually donated a Christmas tree complete with lights!!!
We will have to bring back a little sample of it though so we can show everyone what we got!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #185
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

I am not sure if I am dressing up yet. If I do I will be Maleficent if not I will be wearing my Maleficent shirt and evil Queen hoodie. FYI we used the reusable shopping bags when we went and the handle broke. We were happy that I had brought my back pack. We had close to 40 pounds of candy.

I did not read all of your PTR where are you staying?
Old 09-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #186
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not sure if I am dressing up yet. If I do I will be Maleficent if not I will be wearing my Maleficent shirt and evil Queen hoodie. FYI we used the reusable shopping bags when we went and the handle broke. We were happy that I had brought my back pack. We had close to 40 pounds of candy.

I did not read all of your PTR where are you staying?
Staying at the Howard Johnson.

40 pounds Oh my lord that's a whole lot of tooth ache!!!!!! Can't wait though!!!!

I love my Dooney that I have already and the Mickey one will make 2! There is another one that I really like, but I want to actually pick that one out myself as it has print on it that changes on each bag so want to amk sure I get just the right one!!!!

I might have to look into the other one you mentioned, Harveys. If they do Disney prints then I am in trouble!!!!

And Maleficent sounds wonderful which ever way you go!!! I wouldn't be comforatble all night in a costume so that is why I have had the special shirt made to wear!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #187
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzibar138 View Post
I would definitely be taking advantage of that opportunity to have a driver Would be great to check out some of those places you might not otherwise be able to get to very easily.

Best of luck to your DD!

And I love your new bag! I would really love to 'invest' in one of those one day, when I run out of other stuff to spend money on
I still haven't decided yet on the day trip to LA. I am sitting on the fence as it means another day out of the parks and more expense...........plus I am not the best passenger in a car at the best of times! That is why I am looking forward to our train trip!!!!

I love my Dooney that I have already and now I will have a Mickey AND a Minnie one!!!!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #188
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

Harveys are the seat belt purses
Old 09-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #189
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Harveys are the seat belt purses
Oh I've seen those - they look awesome!

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #190
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

It's getting really real now......................just got this costume for DD's very first Halloween......................so excited..............

I have also created and ordered my shirt today. It has come up better than I had hoped so I hope it looks as good when it finally arrives!!!

I rang Disneyland to book our ultimate experience and was told to ring back on the 26th. I really was hoping to get in early, but no such luck. I just hope I can get through on the 26th and they don't sell out!!!

The ADR's are also coming along nicely. So far I have confirmed............

Thursday, October 25, Carnation Cafe at 5:00 PM - wanted 7pm but this was the latest they had on offer.

Saturday, October 27, Cafe Orleans at 1:00 PM

Sunday 10/28 PCH Grill at 7:00 AM This is what happens when you ask for the earliest seating available!!!!!

Friday, 11/02 Ariel's Grotto at 9:20 AM

Saturday, 11/03 Storytellers Cafe at 9:00 AM

I still have a few to go and I need to get our WOC picnics too!

And I am very excited that the Disneyland website's calendar now is showing mid way through October. It won't be long and we will be able to see what is happening on our first day in the park!
Old 09-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #191
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

woooooooooohoooooooo, you are doing better then I am. We booked Goofys on Nov 1 at 10 am. I love doing a character meal before we leave. It kinda makes it easier as we get to say goodbye.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #192
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

All very exciting Minnie Sue! Your DD's costume is beautiful I have a similar one but its just above knee length and I made my red cape

Can't wait to see a pic of your "costume" for the night! It sounds perfect, love the play on words. How long did it take you to come up with it?

Not long to go now
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #193
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

I love your DD's costume! And I can't wait to see how your t-shirt turns out either

TRIPS TAKEN

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Old 09-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #194
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much ladies for letting me know your thoughts on DD's costume I am so glad you like it and I really can't wait for the fashion parade when it gets here!!!
I will be sure to post pics when I get my shirt too!!!!

I have some news......................very exciting news......................now we all now by now that my love for Disney is something that has spanned over many years. It is only now that in my working adult life though that I have been fortunate to visit the place where Disney magic happens............the USA!!!

One of the things I have always wanted to do is visit the El Captain theatre in Hollywood. So, I just happened to check their website tonight ( I have it in my favourites ) to find there was a special Halloween screening on for a limited time of none other than......................

THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!!

So what did I do..................I got tickets of course

My beloved Jack in all his glory and in Disney digital 4D!!! Yes, 4D!!!! Complete with snow, wind, fog and more according to the poster!!!!

So, we are off to see Jack and Sally and Zero of course on Saturday 27th October in the front row of the balcony section.......VIP's!!!!!!!

I really feel so lucky that we will be able to experience so many special things on this trip With the movie and the Walt Disney archives exhibition, plus all that Disneyland has to offer, we truly are blessed

I have booked us on a bus that will arrive in Hollywood at roughly 10am. I am hoping we will have enough time to visit Madame Tussauds when we arrive and then our movie starts at 12:15pm. After the movie, we will have around 2 hours to check out some stars, do some souvenir shopping and grab a sundae at the Disney Soda Fountain store! What a great day out!
The bus picks up at 4pm so we will be able to complete our day with a fun night in the parks......................magic

I hope the next 46 sleeps get here soon!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #195
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Woop woop!!! Sounds awesome Minnie Sue!! Nothing like more Disney magic :D

Last I checked on the website the dates finished October 25th so I'll take a look for our Hollywood dates, the VIP experience is the way to go
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: