Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
MC0810
Mouseketeer

Value resort Refrigerators, how cold??

Staying at Sports next week, hoping the refrigerators will be installed by then. For online check in it still asks if you want to request a refrigerator for a fee, not sure if I should leave it blank or not..

For those of you that experienced the new value free refrigerators, how cold do they get? was hoping to store my sons 1/2 gallon of lactose free milk, but worrying about it spoiling.
MC0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

No tips about value fridges but our fridge at the Poly was NOT super cold, our milk was ok but not as cold as I would normally like it. And our beer was not as enjoyable
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure about the value resorts but I can tell you that we accidentally froze our diet cokes, orange juice and water in a fridge at POR because we had turned the cold temp dial up too much.

Did the same thing at CR once we figured out the trick of leaving the door to the cabinet open because things weren't as cold as we wanted them.
I think I'm fridge challenged.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

We were at POP last week and our beers were frozen b/c them temp was set at coldest. Doh!

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update, i like our beverages pretty cold, so, thats a good sign that they are better than the rumored "beverage coolers". I'll be at POP in October.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
BigKid45
Mouseketeer

We got a fridge at POP in Aug. 2010. We brought 2 ice packs in our soft sided cooler as we weren't positive a fridge would be available in Aug and wanted a back up plan for grocery. The ice packs were still cold (between 1/2 gallon of milk in pic)...added them to the fridge when it was delivered approx 1pm, filled it with cold milk (2 1/2 gallon), 1/2 gallon of cold half-n-half & six room temp Cokes & as many room temp waters. By 7pm things were "cool"..by 0800 the next AM everything was cold. Can't say anything was super-cold, but certainly cold enough. I like lots-o-ice in my drinks so I never noticed a cold discrepancy. I think you'll be fine.

P.S. Don't mind the bible propping up the fridge....probably didn't contribute to the fridge temp

WDW-'72 & '73 Offsite, '05 & '06 Offsite, '08 WL-Club, '09 ASMu-FS, '10 Pop, '12 Windsor Hills, '13 POR
DL-Offsite every Oct 1974-1987 (Corp. Nites)
BigKid45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
figmentofmymind
Earning My Ears

Great! Can't wait to go and wake up with COLD water in the morning when I'm at POP in August. The fridges at CSR left a lot to be desired. Sure they cooled things, but they never got cold even with the temp dials as low as they can go
7/05 Port Orleans Riverside
8/11 Coronado Springs
8/12 POP Century
figmentofmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I was at Sports on March 27, there was no cooler in the room.

I had one at Allstar Music a few days earlier though, kept the Diet Coke cool. I didn't store any perishables in it.

There was no dial inside the cooler to adjust the temperature. At least not one that I could find.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKid45 View Post

We got a fridge at POP in Aug. 2010. We brought 2 ice packs in our soft sided cooler as we weren't positive a fridge would be available in Aug and wanted a back up plan for grocery. The ice packs were still cold (between 1/2 gallon of milk in pic)...added them to the fridge when it was delivered approx 1pm, filled it with cold milk (2 1/2 gallon), 1/2 gallon of cold half-n-half & six room temp Cokes & as many room temp waters. By 7pm things were "cool"..by 0800 the next AM everything was cold. Can't say anything was super-cold, but certainly cold enough. I like lots-o-ice in my drinks so I never noticed a cold discrepancy. I think you'll be fine.

P.S. Don't mind the bible propping up the fridge....probably didn't contribute to the fridge temp

The fridge you got in 2010 is different than what has been installed in the value resorts this year. There is no freezer compartment. That being said, when we were at Pop last week, we put milk, drinks and fruit in the fridge and found everything to be plenty cold. I did not look for a way to adjust the temp because everything was fine as far as we were concerned.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #10
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Are the beverage coolers out in the open? I know at the Poly we always had trouble with our fridge because it was set inside a cabinet which did not allow for adequate ventilation. Curious if the value fridges get the ventilation they need to work properly?

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

No, the new value fridges/coolers are in a cabinet.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
BigKid45
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
The fridge you got in 2010 is different than what has been installed in the value resorts this year. There is no freezer compartment. That being said, when we were at Pop last week, we put milk, drinks and fruit in the fridge and found everything to be plenty cold. I did not look for a way to adjust the temp because everything was fine as far as we were concerned.
This fridge didn't have a freezer...the top section is just a shelf with water and left over Mickey chocolate cake desserts. We removed the middle shelf to accommodate the quarts of milk.

WDW-'72 & '73 Offsite, '05 & '06 Offsite, '08 WL-Club, '09 ASMu-FS, '10 Pop, '12 Windsor Hills, '13 POR
DL-Offsite every Oct 1974-1987 (Corp. Nites)
BigKid45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: