Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #31
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
i really need to be doing actual work, but i can't help it. i had to sneak in here and say that i booked my ADR's and a couple special things today!!! more details later i promise!
WOOHOO! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #32
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading about all you have booked. I have seriously neglected my PTR lately even though Iíve been doing a lot for the trip.

ADR day was an exciting day for me, especially with it being Christmas Eve. The online system worked well (and around that time a lot of people were having issues) and the lady I talked to when I booked ddís BBB appointment was a riot.

I donít have much to say except love love love Tusker house for breakfast. The food and the atmosphere were both great. Weíll be going back for the 2nd time this summer.

Iíve had dinner (if you can call it that at 3:35) at CP. The ADR system called it dinner, but it felt more like a late lunch. We were hopping over to DHS to see the Osborne lights after so I scheduled it early. We had a CS breakfast at the resort and then a tiny snack so we were hungry. We have the pre-opening breakfast scheduled this time.

Had Akershus for lunch last time. I knew I probably wouldnít be over the moon about the food, but it was the only time I could get after a goof-up with the reservations. I didnít read on here before I made them and didnít count my son as he was 10 months at the time. Ended up having to redo them all and that lunch opened up like a week before we left. I thought the CM was going to cry, she was so happy for me. My dd enjoyed her pizza and while the chicken part of my dish was fine, the rice dish underneath, I didnít care for. This time we are doing breakfast. With my children, I need to go ahead and do breakfast early, so we are doing a pre-opening breakfast there, so we have time to get in some of the Land Pavilion and Innoventions (west I believe) before we go in for a break. Living Seas will take us a while, so weíre coming back after nap to focus on that.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #33
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalWorldMommy View Post
whooo hooooo

Booking stuff always makes for a great day~
yes, great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
YAY!

Getting to book stuff always make the trip seem that much closer. And it gets me even more excited! Can't wait to hear about what all you booked!
179 days and 3 hours

May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #34
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
Looking forward to reading about all you have booked. I have seriously neglected my PTR lately even though Iíve been doing a lot for the trip.

ADR day was an exciting day for me, especially with it being Christmas Eve. The online system worked well (and around that time a lot of people were having issues) and the lady I talked to when I booked ddís BBB appointment was a riot.

I donít have much to say except love love love Tusker house for breakfast. The food and the atmosphere were both great. Weíll be going back for the 2nd time this summer.

Iíve had dinner (if you can call it that at 3:35) at CP. The ADR system called it dinner, but it felt more like a late lunch. We were hopping over to DHS to see the Osborne lights after so I scheduled it early. We had a CS breakfast at the resort and then a tiny snack so we were hungry. We have the pre-opening breakfast scheduled this time.

Had Akershus for lunch last time. I knew I probably wouldnít be over the moon about the food, but it was the only time I could get after a goof-up with the reservations. I didnít read on here before I made them and didnít count my son as he was 10 months at the time. Ended up having to redo them all and that lunch opened up like a week before we left. I thought the CM was going to cry, she was so happy for me. My dd enjoyed her pizza and while the chicken part of my dish was fine, the rice dish underneath, I didnít care for. This time we are doing breakfast. With my children, I need to go ahead and do breakfast early, so we are doing a pre-opening breakfast there, so we have time to get in some of the Land Pavilion and Innoventions (west I believe) before we go in for a break. Living Seas will take us a while, so weíre coming back after nap to focus on that.

that would be a great Christmas eve present! i agree, we did TH breakfast before, and can't wait to go back. I swear the best tator tots ever!

I'm glad that you were able to get the reservations squared away. it is confusing that you have to count the babies when they don't count anywhere else in the reservations.

I'm not sure what all we are going to do at Epcot, although i know we are going to focus on Food and Wine. That, and Ohana's are all my DH requested, so i have to give them plenty of schedule time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
WOOHOO! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

to you too!

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
Old 04-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #35
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Adr's Round 1

So bright and early this morning, i made a lovely phone call... I am now the proud owner of 6 dining reservations and 2 special items i will discuss at a later date.

Here they are-

Thurs
Akershus 9:50 a.m.

I think the goal will be to make rope drop, stop by the Character Connection, and then make a leisurely walk to Norway. Iíll check lines and either have Chris grab FP while in line at the character connection, or weíll grab them on the way to Norway.

Friday

Crystal Palace 8:15 a.m.

This was totally random... i started thinking about preopening pictures... and if we don't do the Signature then we will have one additional ADR to fit in somewhere...

Ohana 7:50 p. m.

Saturday

Tusker House 9:30 am

We'll just go in and get a set of fast passes for the safari first. It takes forever to walk back there anyway. at least we won't have to rush.

Sunday

Crystal Palace 1:00 p.m.

If we end up deciding against HBD and choosing a one credit meal instead, then this one would get cancelled and replaced with something.

Monday

Hollywood Brown Derby 7:00 p.m.

I just wanted to make it late enough to not interrupt characterpalooza

so there we have it!!!

for now at least

Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #36
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Looks great!!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #37
PixieMama
DIS Veteran

Plans sound good!

I had no idea about the characterpalooza thing until recently. Wondering if DH would be game, it being just the two of us.

And I hope you don't hold out on us for too long... the suspense of not knowing what your "special things" are will kill me!
POR - Oct 2012
AKL Club Level - Feb 2013
Polynesian - Oct 2013
All-Star Sports - Jan 2014
POFQ - May 2014
All-Star Movies - Sep 2014
PixieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #38
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Great job on your ADRs!

Your comment about Characterpalooza made me realize that I didn't factor that into my dinner ADR for our DHS day. Hmmmmm.....may need to go back to my drawing board.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #39
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Joining in for what I expect to be a fun-filled WDW PTR! (what else could we expect from IB & crew!?)
I'm so excited for y'all, getting back this year. I know oh-soooo-well, it takes lots of sacrifices to pull off these trips, (and weekly Disney Gift Card purchases!)
Early ADR at CP is awesome! MK-before the masses attack-is even more special..."Kodak Moments" galore!

We had a wonderful Halloween trip in 2011, hope to do that again real soon. Christmas time is our favorite time in Orlando, but it's CRAzY crowded....but we'll do it again very soon, if not this year, 2013 probably. For now, an "unplanned" summer surprise trip is in quickly becoming a planned trip....perhaps just a "father-autistic son trip"...but it ain't a done deal yet. I'm hafta convince myself that I can stand the Florida summer-perhaps even worse than our Houston summers! And now, the pin code discovered yesterday attached to my name has pushed me to the brink.) Number One Son just informed me that Test Track will be closed all summer, so we should go this week, before they close. Oops. Apparently, that ain't gonna happen!

I gotta fix my "ticker".
Old 04-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #40
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Your adrs are great I love all of the breakfasts that you are doing, they are probably my top character breakfast choices.

Mmmm, Ohana. That is my favorite Disney dinner. I wish I was coming on your trip.

We haven't tried HBD, the menu doesn't interest me much although I haven't looked at it recently. I can't wait to hear how it is with kids if you do go. I love the inside since it reminds me of I love Lucy. Love that show.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #41
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Looks great!!
thank you dear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieMama View Post
Plans sound good!

I had no idea about the characterpalooza thing until recently. Wondering if DH would be game, it being just the two of us.

And I hope you don't hold out on us for too long... the suspense of not knowing what your "special things" are will kill me!
characterpalooza is a lot of fun and a great place to see the rarer characters. i say time your animation to get out about that time and just happen to be there anyway.

i wont keep you hanging too long.... i'm not trying to keep a big secret, just wanted to wait until i had enough time to give it a proper introduction here.

Quote:
Great job on your ADRs!

Your comment about Characterpalooza made me realize that I didn't factor that into my dinner ADR for our DHS day. Hmmmmm.....may need to go back to my drawing board.

ha! i saw your ADR thread... you are a hoot! seriously though, you shoukld consider scheduling around it. i'm about to get to it im my forever old TR but we saw quite a few in a short time.

i'm second guessing my time on that one too. i want to also make sure we can go see Phineus and Ferb late- like probably right before they close, thinking the lines will be shorter then. i dont want to eat too late though. i think we will be tired early between an early morning and the party the night before.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #42
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeev View Post
Joining in for what I expect to be a fun-filled WDW PTR! (what else could we expect from IB & crew!?)
I'm so excited for y'all, getting back this year. I know oh-soooo-well, it takes lots of sacrifices to pull off these trips, (and weekly Disney Gift Card purchases!)
Early ADR at CP is awesome! MK-before the masses attack-is even more special..."Kodak Moments" galore!

We had a wonderful Halloween trip in 2011, hope to do that again real soon. Christmas time is our favorite time in Orlando, but it's CRAzY crowded....but we'll do it again very soon, if not this year, 2013 probably. For now, an "unplanned" summer surprise trip is in quickly becoming a planned trip....perhaps just a "father-autistic son trip"...but it ain't a done deal yet. I'm hafta convince myself that I can stand the Florida summer-perhaps even worse than our Houston summers! And now, the pin code discovered yesterday attached to my name has pushed me to the brink.) Number One Son just informed me that Test Track will be closed all summer, so we should go this week, before they close. Oops. Apparently, that ain't gonna happen!

I gotta fix my "ticker".

i can't wait until we go for Christmas! my heart just fluttere when DH said that! i have no idea when we are goig to do it though. he said no disney next year, but you know, they wont believe in santa forever...... i can't imagine that orlando will be much worse than houston in the summer. i think houston is like us. upper 90's most days, 100's the rest, super humid. of course at home, i hide inside most of the summer during the main part of the day.

i too have been collecting gift cards... i've also been putting aside money from my "extra' job and from ebates, etc. but i've yet to see a Pin Code. i'm not sure what we will do if we aren't eligible for pin code or discount.

thanks for joining in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Your adrs are great I love all of the breakfasts that you are doing, they are probably my top character breakfast choices.

Mmmm, Ohana. That is my favorite Disney dinner. I wish I was coming on your trip.

We haven't tried HBD, the menu doesn't interest me much although I haven't looked at it recently. I can't wait to hear how it is with kids if you do go. I love the inside since it reminds me of I love Lucy. Love that show.
i'm with you.... i just have not heard much about HBD. there are things i woudl eat, but i would be just as comfortable at anywhere else. dh loves the nicer meals and atmosphere though. i had no idea it would remind me of I Love Lucy though!

i'm pretty happy with them, can't wait for a lot of my ADR's. chris made me ohana's dessert for my birthday but its so much better when you are actually there!!

i have a small hope that Be Our Guest will actually be open and i will be able to fit it in somewhere in our schedule.

and you are welcome to come along!!

Old 04-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #43
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
ha! i saw your ADR thread... you are a hoot! seriously though, you shoukld consider scheduling around it. i'm about to get to it im my forever old TR but we saw quite a few in a short time.

i'm second guessing my time on that one too. i want to also make sure we can go see Phineus and Ferb late- like probably right before they close, thinking the lines will be shorter then. i dont want to eat too late though. i think we will be tired early between an early morning and the party the night before.
Thank you! Well, since you saw my ADR thread, you know how much I like changing ADRs. I went ahead & cancelled our dinner ADR for our DHS day so that I can make sure we make Characterpalooza. I do enjoy getting to see a good bit of characters in one place. We'll just do a QS meal after that so I don't have to worry about being somewhere on time. I'm hoping to do Phineas & Ferb right when they open at 10am. We'll see how that works out. Of course, I could always change my mind before then.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #44
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

ADRs look great! A late Akershus ADR sounds perfect and Ohana will be fun, too. I wanted to watch Hallowishes after we ate at Ohana on our last trip, but we finished dinner too early and it seemed like too long to hang around waiting. Your ADR is later than ours was, though, so it should work out perfectly.

Can't wait to hear about the other extras!
PirateKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #45
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! Well, since you saw my ADR thread, you know how much I like changing ADRs. I went ahead & cancelled our dinner ADR for our DHS day so that I can make sure we make Characterpalooza. I do enjoy getting to see a good bit of characters in one place. We'll just do a QS meal after that so I don't have to worry about being somewhere on time. I'm hoping to do Phineas & Ferb right when they open at 10am. We'll see how that works out. Of course, I could always change my mind before then.
I'm sure I will
change myomd a dozen times as well. In fact...

I really have to put priority into researching how following the FP time will affect us. and HOPEFULLY James will be 40"- but then we will lose a lot of the baby swap FP freedom. I imagine that we will still be in Pixar Place when P&F open

I can't believe I finally got DIS to let me log in! On my phone, but still! Hoping I can log in on. The computer soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: