DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #76
Hunnypaw
Encinitas, CA

Psychodisney - Cool view!!!!

DIS Dad Club Member #623
Me , DW , DD
________
Nikon D200 | Nikkor 80-200 | Sigma 15mm f-eye
Hunnypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #77
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Great information here. Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #78
ckdipp
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychodisney View Post
We were in a dedicated 2BR, 1008, ocean view. Loved the view. Totally worth the points IMHO!

Holy ukulele! That is an amazing view. You hit the jack pot!!!

2015: BCV 2013: BCV
2012: Aulani 2010: VWL, DCL, OKW 2009: BCV, YC, OKW 2008: OKW, GC 2007: BWV, OKW 2006: BCV, Poly 2004: BCV Too long ago: FW
ckdipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #79
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

551 Ewa Tower

2 Bedroom Villa in the Ewa Tower. The view to the left is of the mountains which we found very peaceful and quiet. We spent so much time at the beach and pool that it was nice to see something different.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:06 AM   #80
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Which category is 551?

I hope you had a great time!

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #81
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brancaneve View Post
2 Bedroom Villa in the Ewa Tower. The view to the left is of the mountains which we found very peaceful and quiet. We spent so much time at the beach and pool that it was nice to see something different.
Thanks for posting your photos! I've added your villa to the list in Post #1 of this thread.

Was the courtyard that was shown in one of your photos ever used for anything while you were there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Which category is 551?
According to my chart, Aulani #551 is a Standard View Two-bedroom dedicated villa.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #82
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl

Thanks for posting your photos! I've added your villa to the list in Post #1 of this thread.

Was the courtyard that was shown in one of your photos ever used for anything while you were there?

According to my chart, Aulani #551 is a Standard View Two-bedroom dedicated villa.
I never saw the courtyard being used but imagine that it is used for conferences. The building adjacent to the courtyard had a digital screen that i imagine is used to announce meetings and such. It was always very quiet
Old 07-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #83
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Finally found your thread. We were in room 913 in phase 2 building. The view was considered ocean view.

It might have had an sunset view but we were never in the room so, I don't know for 100% sure.

The room was noisy at night. We like to sleep with the slider open so we can get fresh air but it was too noisy. The hotel next door had all kinds of deliveries and the trucks backing up and the beeping sound would start. One night I heard a dog barking. Anyways, I'm not sure I'd pick an ocean view again and risk getting this view again. I might be happier with a pool view. The resort is actually set back from the ocean/beach quite a bit. I did trade in at 7 months so, I was still happy we got this room.

Here are some more pictures:

Since we were in a corner the balcony was smallish:

Looking down at the spa:

The rest of my pictures are here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/583162331pfYVaU

Last edited by OurDogCisco; 07-31-2012 at 10:33 PM.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #84
peacefrogdog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychodisney View Post
We were in a dedicated 2BR, 1008, ocean view. Loved the view. Totally worth the points IMHO!

Looking to book this upcoming Monday for March 2013. Would love to get an ocean view like this.

What would be the best way to put in a request for something similar? Ask for something in the Waianae Building, even numbered room?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #85
peacefrogdog
DIS Veteran

Ocean views when Phase 3 options

Trying to get a sense of what the ocean view rooms will look like for the Phase 3 building.

I get a sense of what the rooms facing the pool area will have as a view. One thing I can't tell is what some of the ocean view rooms will face in:

The Phase 3 building, short wing (facing the ocean) - specifically what is next to the buildling on the East side?
The Phase 3 building, long wing (facing AWAY from the pool) - there looks to be a handful of ocean view rooms. I assume they would be closest to the beach...?

So on the east side of Aulani, what is the view like towards the ocean?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #86
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
We were in room 913 in phase 2 building. The view was considered ocean view.
Thanks for sharing your photos!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #87
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefrogdog View Post
Trying to get a sense of what the ocean view rooms will look like for the Phase 3 building.

I get a sense of what the rooms facing the pool area will have as a view. One thing I can't tell is what some of the ocean view rooms will face in:

The Phase 3 building, short wing (facing the ocean) - specifically what is next to the buildling on the East side?
The Phase 3 building, long wing (facing AWAY from the pool) - there looks to be a handful of ocean view rooms. I assume they would be closest to the beach...?

I'll be at Aulani in mid-September. I've added your questions to my list and I'll post back. Hopefully, someone will answer your questions before then.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:35 AM   #88
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefrogdog View Post

To the East of Aulani currently is an empty lot, waiting to be sold by the developers of the Ko'olina resort. At the moment, you will have a view of a dirt patch if you look down, if you look forward it will be an uninterrupted ocean view. (I think you can see this by looking at Google Earth, just type in Aulani's address and click and drag.)
Once that property gets sold and developed, it may end up being similar to the Ocean Views on the West side and have a hotel in the way, just like the Ihilani is. It really will depend on what whoever develops it decides to build. This may also take some time, as similarly to the Kaanapali area on Maui took about 20 years to sell all the lots to various hoteliers, much of the Ko'olina properties have been up for sale for awhile and not a tremendous deal of developing of more hospitality structures in Hawaii has been happening lately, and what there has been is all timeshare for the last several years.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #89
ckdipp
If you can dream it, you can do it.

We were there mid July I'm finally getting to post our view photo. We had a 2BR dedicated (Room 808) and a studio 804. Both were classified as Ocean View.

Here is a view toward the ocean from Rm 808 in the late afternoon:

Here is a panorama that I did of the view from the living room of 808 late afternoon:

Here is view from Rm 804 in the morning:

We loved our room!! It was noisy from the time the kids play pool area opened in the morning (10am??) until when it shut down at night (6pm?). But during those times we were mostly out and about. At night it was peaceful enough to sleep with the slider open and listen to the ocean.

2015: BCV 2013: BCV
2012: Aulani 2010: VWL, DCL, OKW 2009: BCV, YC, OKW 2008: OKW, GC 2007: BWV, OKW 2006: BCV, Poly 2004: BCV Too long ago: FW
ckdipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #90
bmeninga
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much!!!--can't waitfor our oct.trip!!!
bmeninga is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: