DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #31
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I loved our pool view studio we had last January. . . .

I can't remember the room number, this was the 3rd floor, near elevators.
It looks like you were in Villa #310 in the Waianae Building. Mouseaider was in Villa #110, which is also a Pool View Studio, and your photo's camera angle of the bridge to the Koi Pond looks similar to his.

I'm going to list your villa as #310, but if you remember your actual room number, please let me know and I'll correct it if necessary.

Thanks for posting!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #32
emum
An old salt re-living her youth through Disney

As promised, here are the views from our 2bed Poolside Gardens view. LOVED the set-up and views. We were in room 508 in the Waianae Building - easy to get to reception, the lifts, the pools, the gym, and the car park. We would request again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps !

Cheers,
Sally
A Month of Disney - completed 2010/11 ....Part 1 - GCH CL 12/25 - 12/29; Part 2 - BWI CL 12/29 - 1/6; Part 3 - Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repo Cruise 1/6 - 1/21; April 2012 - 20th Wedding Anniversary - 4 nights Waikiki, 4 nights Waikoloa (Big Island), and 9 nights Aulani

DVC Members at Aulani since January 2011
July 2013 - Disneyland and Alaska Disney Wonder cruise booked
December 2014 / January 2015 - Undecided, but will do something before DD1 heads off to university

emum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #33
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emum View Post
Hope this helps !

Cheers,
Sally
Yes, it helps! Although Villa #508 is classified as a Pool View, it looks like it has a great view of the ocean.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #34
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

We were in 857 and it was indeed an Island View studio. I'll post some pictures hopefully this weekend.

I wish we had been higher, I was going to ask at check in but I just wanted to get into our room at that point. We were not in our room all that much and there's so many lovely seating areas through the resort that we didn't mind the island view, especially since it meant being able to take a longer trip though part of us wish we spent a few more points for pool view -- there's always next time, right?
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #35
oktracy
Mouseketeer

emum- What a gorgeous view!! Looks like 5th floor pool view is the way to go!!!
oktracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #36
wipedaler
Hunting for Mickey Heads

View from 1007 - Ocean

Here is the view (4-photo panorama) from the patio of room 1007. The shoreline in the distance is 'west' and the Marriott tower is ~ 'southwest'. This was taken early evening, thus the dim exposure.

The sliding doors are angled toward the shore. Guest parking is visible at far right. The road on this side serves the entrance for Marriott, a small public parking lot between JWM and Aulani, and DIS employees make the U-turn to enter the lower (employee) parking levels. The edge of the lagoon is visible at the far left, just below middle.

Last edited by wipedaler; 05-03-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: corrected photo URL
wipedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #37
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wipedaler View Post
Here is the view (4-photo panorama) from the patio of room 1007.
Thanks for posting your photo. Is Villa 1007 a Studio or a One-Bedroom?

P.S - Welcome to the disboards!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:04 PM   #38
wipedaler
Hunting for Mickey Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
Is Villa 1007 a Studio or a One-Bedroom?
Villa 1007 is a one-bedroom unit, with a lock-off door to the adjacent unit.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #39
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Thanks to wipedaler, we now know the location of the studios and the one-bedroom villas for all of the lock-off two-bedrooms villas in Aulani's Phase 1 and Phase 2. I have updated the charts in Post #1 to show how the lock-offs are configured.

Thanks to everyone who has shared their photos!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #40
wipedaler
Hunting for Mickey Heads

Forgot to mention this: During our stay, the DVC gang was giving tours of 1006, right across the hall. I can only suspect that they were showing a 2-bedrooom layout, with a spectacular view of the central area (pools, river, volcano).
Old 05-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #41
cjsbmiller
Earning My Ears

Aulani beach and ocean swimming area

Thanks for posting all the great pictures, but now i have a question. The beach area looks ok size wise, but the "lagoon" ocean swimming area looks really small. Can you go out into other areas or do you have to remain within the confines of the protected lagoon area?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #42
mouseaider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsbmiller View Post
Thanks for posting all the great pictures, but now i have a question. The beach area looks ok size wise, but the "lagoon" ocean swimming area looks really small. Can you go out into other areas or do you have to remain within the confines of the protected lagoon area?
The swim area is not really small at all. But, there are four lagoons available for use. Turn left after you walk down the stairs out of Aulani and keep walking all the way to the marina and you might just see the Black Pearl. Yes..... THE Black Pearl is in dry dock at the Ko Olina Marina.

It can be dangerous to swim out in the ocean because of strong currents so you had better be a strong swimmer with a swim buddy if you try that. I am a strong swimmer but I wouldn't try it.
mouseaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #43
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsbmiller View Post
You can go out of the lagoon area, just be aware that there are tides, including potential riptides and undertows to deal with. If you're used to swimming in the Caribbean, the Pacific is much rougher and more "natural" (you probably already knew this, but the word Pacific is one of history's greatest misnomers). If you're a strong swimmer you should be fine, just if you're feeling tired head back into the lagoons.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #44
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy View Post
We were in 857 and it was indeed an Island View studio. I'll post some pictures hopefully this weekend.
as promised... these are from my waterproof camera so not the best quality. I'll need to check the SLR when I get a chance

Couple beach views

Room View

79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #45
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Thanks, TagsMissy, for posting your photos.

Your villa (857) is just one floor above the Standard View villas in the Ewa Building. Now that you have stayed in an Island View villa, do you think you'll upgrade to a Pool View or Ocean View for your next stay at Aulani? Or will you try and save even more points and book a Standard View instead?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: