DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #211
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

KAT4DISNEY - I think you'll enjoy the change of pace for Dec, you'll beat me there by 3 days. Love Aulani!

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #212
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
KAT4DISNEY - I think you'll enjoy the change of pace for Dec, you'll beat me there by 3 days. Love Aulani!
It definitely will be a different pace!!!

I see you're doing Maui, Kauai, Aulani - what a great trip!!

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #213
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

We are booked for an island view studio (1 night) and and ocean view studio (6 nights). View is a HUGE deal for us as we are verandah junkies. I've seen the photo's for the ocean view studios shown in the larger list but am wondering a couple of things.

Is there a map of layout by tower as with some of the WDW resorts/ for example at Vero you can see which floors have 1B, Studio, 2B and the configuration, same thing by building at OKW and Boardwalk has the view categories called out by section. It would be super helpful to know which floors/areas of which tower are classified as certain views. What I really want to avoid is this

This is from the Aulani owners thread and is classified as an ocean view. Not what we are looking for at all! I know that most of the construction should be done by our trip (May) but want to put in the best possible request. Which is of course, just a request lol. All the ones shown in the thread here are good but this picture has me incredibly nervous.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #214
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We are booked for an island view studio (1 night) and and ocean view studio (6 nights). View is a HUGE deal for us as we are verandah junkies. I've seen the photo's for the ocean view studios shown in the larger list but am wondering a couple of things.

Is there a map of layout by tower as with some of the WDW resorts/ for example at Vero you can see which floors have 1B, Studio, 2B and the configuration, same thing by building at OKW and Boardwalk has the view categories called out by section. It would be super helpful to know which floors/areas of which tower are classified as certain views. What I really want to avoid is this

This is from the Aulani owners thread and is classified as an ocean view. Not what we are looking for at all! I know that most of the construction should be done by our trip (May) but want to put in the best possible request. Which is of course, just a request lol. All the ones shown in the thread here are good but this picture has me incredibly nervous.
Yes, just look at the first page of this thread....All the information you will need is there, and you will be able to togle back and forth to the pictures people have posted here. I did that when deciding what I wanted to request. I knew to request XX -- and XX-- so they knew what area and that I was interested in upper floors.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #215
YankeeFirecracker
Earning My Ears

Delighted, was able to reserve a Grand Villa for June 2013. It was not easy. Started online at 8 am (EST) on 11/14. Showed availability, clicked exactly at 8 am and it was gone. Tried every morning at 8 am for the next 5 days, no luck. Out of frustration I called MS at 9 am on the 19th. My wonderful CM Zoie at MS could not find anything either (even tried for two 2 bedroom or anything available). Suddenly a GV popped up and she grabbed it. I must say this was stressful but lucky. The vacation is to celebrate our 50th anniversary with our two children, their spouses and our 4 grandchildren. Thanks to all for the recommendations for views, etc. Will have an ocean view and requested an upper floor. Would have been so disappointed if I could not have gotten the reservation. Had banked 2012 points and needed to borrow 2014 points.
YankeeFirecracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #216
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeschlicht View Post
Yes, just look at the first page of this thread....All the information you will need is there, and you will be able to togle back and forth to the pictures people have posted here. I did that when deciding what I wanted to request. I knew to request XX -- and XX-- so they knew what area and that I was interested in upper floors.

Ok got it, it's just a lot more wordy and complicated than most! But is great info, sorry. It looks like that picture is from 913 so I'm guessing I want to avoid waianae facing the island. No pictures yet from Phase 3 though which should be open at least in some spots so hopefully some pictures will start to show up soon.

Now I just have to figure out where the grills are and the laundry (I know first floor on that one but not sure where).

Last edited by eandesmom; 11-20-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #217
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Ok got it, it's just a lot more wordy and complicated than most! But is great info, sorry. It looks like that picture is from 913 so I'm guessing I want to avoid waianae facing the island. No pictures yet from Phase 3 though which should be open at least in some spots so hopefully some pictures will start to show up soon.

Now I just have to figure out where the grills are and the laundry (I know first floor on that one but not sure where).
The grills are located near the Island side of the Ewa Building Long Wing, just past Auntie's Beach House and One Paddle Two Paddle. If you look at JonLouisB's posting of his view from Aulani Villa #787, you can see the grills in the last photo. They are in the upper right hand of the photo, just above the outdoor play area for Auntie's Beach House. Click here to see the photo.

There are two laundry rooms at Aulani, and both are located on the ground floor near the elevator alcoves. There is one in the Ewa Building near Villa #170, and the other laundry room is in the Waianae Building near Villa #112. DVC members staying on points can get free tokens from the front desk to operate the washers and dryers. For all other guests, it costs $3.00 per machine.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #218
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
The grills are located near the Island side of the Ewa Building Long Wing, just past Auntie's Beach House and One Paddle Two Paddle. If you look at JonLouisB's posting of his view from Aulani Villa #787, you can see the grills in the last photo. They are in the upper right hand of the photo, just above the outdoor play area for Auntie's Beach House. Click here to see the photo.

There are two laundry rooms at Aulani, and both are located on the ground floor near the elevator alcoves. There is one in the Ewa Building near Villa #170, and the other laundry room is in the Waianae Building near Villa #112. DVC members staying on points can get free tokens from the front desk to operate the washers and dryers. For all other guests, it costs $3.00 per machine.
Thanks! Very helpful.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #219
wdrl
DIS Veteran

There are eight poolside cabanas at Aulani. As of October 2013, Aulani's cabanas are located in three areas, all on the Waianae side of the resort.

There are three cabanas in the recently opened Ka Maka Landing area.

There are two cabanas next to the Menehune Bridge Water Play area.

There are three cabanas next to the Wailana Pool. These three cabanas are for Aulani guests 18 years of age or older. Since October 2013, the Wailana Pool is designated as an adult pool for guests 18 years of age and older.

Thanks to BowlingAriel, there are photos of the Aulani cabanas in this article on the DVCNews: http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/res...on-club-villas

Last edited by wdrl; 11-29-2013 at 11:06 AM.
wdrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #220
sonogirl
Fan of the Disney World Snake thread!

How are you requesting those rooms, are you calling Disney and requesting a certain room? I would like to avoid that "certain room" also!!
Lori
Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #221
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Returned from Aulani on Sunday and we stayed in rooms that are not listed. I have some photos but I don't know how to post them to DIS if someone could help me.

We were in a dedicated 2BR - 874 and our group also had 3 studios, 872, 884 and I think the last one was 880.

We could see the sunset from 874 and I have several pictures of the ocean and pool areas. I could check with the others in our group to see what pictures they have from other rooms.

I toured the Grand Villa on the 10th floor -- WOW!
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #222
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerFan View Post
Returned from Aulani on Sunday and we stayed in rooms that are not listed. I have some photos but I don't know how to post them to DIS if someone could help me.

We were in a dedicated 2BR - 874 and our group also had 3 studios, 872, 884 and I think the last one was 880.

We could see the sunset from 874 and I have several pictures of the ocean and pool areas. I could check with the others in our group to see what pictures they have from other rooms.

I toured the Grand Villa on the 10th floor -- WOW!
If you plan on posting some photos of your villas, I'll wait to add your villas to the list in Post #1.

Did you take any photos of the view from the Grand Villa? Specifically, the construction being in the area between the Wailana Pool Bar and the lagoon? We were at Aulani in mid-September and the construction had not yet started at that time.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #223
BobNed

Mouseketeer

We are at Aulani now. Here are some pictures from 1456 & 1458, a lock-off 2BR in Ewa. I will get some construction pictures tomorrow. So far the construction has been barely noticeable. There has been no construction noise at all, but there is a fair amount of fencing in place.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #224
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Thanks, BobNed, for posting your photos! I've added your villa to the list in Post #1.

I'm looking forward to seeing your construction photos when you get a chance to post them. But I can see the main construction area in your photos and it looks like Disney has removed all of the grass and landscaping from the area between the end cap of the Waianae Building and the lagoon area. Gone, too, is the Makai Sting Ray Encounter area.

Mahalo!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #225
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl

If you plan on posting some photos of your villas, I'll wait to add your villas to the list in Post #1.

Did you take any photos of the view from the Grand Villa? Specifically, the construction being in the area between the Wailana Pool Bar and the lagoon? We were at Aulani in mid-September and the construction had not yet started at that time.
I've never posted pictures and I'm not sure how to do it.

I did take some pictures of the view from the Grand Villa. I can't remember if I got the construction area but I think it will show a little in my villa pictures.

You are correct in looking at BobNed's pictures though, the sting ray exhibit is gone and all the grass is gone in that fenced area.

They were framing and sheet rocking the beach area snack place last week. We used the cabanas near there for a few days and hear sporadic grinding and saw noise but it wasn't bad. Since we had several rooms and got a lot of points back it was worth it :-)
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: