DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #136
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Aulani Villa #304

We are in Villa #304, a Pool View Studio in the Waianae Building. Its on the third floor, which is the same floor as the front desk, lobby, General Store, and other amenities. The villa is in great shape and was very clean when we arrived. We have a view of the Menehune Bridge and Water Play area, and the Rainbow Reef. I can even see a bit of the Pacific Ocean when I peek between the trees.

Aulani is laid out quite well. I don't think it takes more than 5 minutes to get anywhere on resort property.

By the way: The free wi-fi here at Aulani works great. We haven't had any difficulties accessing the wi-fi from the villa, common areas, or the pool.

Design on our villa's door:

The studio has lots of space. Since our villa's balcony is angled, the sofa is at an angle, too.

There are very few hidden Mickeys here in Aulani. In our villa, I have found only two. One is on the bed throw, and the other is the lamp on the desk.

Our view looking straight ahead toward the Ewa Building, which is not yet opened.

Looking to the right toward the ocean:

Looking left toward the Menehune Bridge and water play area:

Add me to the list of people that think Disney hit a home run with this resort!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #137
Beachbumpirates
Mouseketeer

Thank you WDRL! I appreciate your input, enjoy your stay!

Laurie
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #138
mouseaider
DIS Veteran

WDRL..... I'm glad it's all you thought it would be.

Stop by my old studio and say "Hi"! Tell it I miss it!

Next trip: BWV in April, 2014!

October Trip: SSR.... then Cruise then back to BWV!
mouseaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #139
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseaider View Post
WDRL..... I'm glad it's all you thought it would be.

Stop by my old studio and say "Hi"! Tell it I miss it!
Actually, I have sort of done that already. We walk by villa #110 frequently and I've stopped a number of times to check out the view from "your" villa. A couple of days ago I had a chance encounter with Mickey just a few steps away from your old patio.

My wife and I have a trip report here. Follow along if you have time.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #140
mouseaider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post

My wife and I have a trip report here. Follow along if you have time.
Thanks. Following you now!

Next trip: BWV in April, 2014!

October Trip: SSR.... then Cruise then back to BWV!
mouseaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #141
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Wdrl, your view from 304 looks great! I'll be happy with my pool view if mine looks like that!
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #142
wdrl
DIS Veteran

When you are at Aulani, DVC offers tours of a three bedroom Grand Villa six days a week. The Grand Villa (#1001) is on the 10th Floor in the Waianae Building. As with all other Grand Villas, it is on the endcap of the building so the balcony faces the ocean.

Its extremely spacious and very nicely appointed. The balcony runs the entire length of the villa and we had a great view of the Pacific Ocean. The master bathroom has a TV display built into the mirror. I've never seen that before. That is not a reflected TV image in the mirror -- its the TV itself!

Here are some more photos of the interior of the Grand Villa:

The GV doesn't have a separate laundry room. The stacked washer/dryer units are in a closet area:

The main entrance to the GV:

Each Aulani Grand Villa occupies a single floor, but has two doors. The second door opens to a large interior hallway which, for lack of a better term, I called a mud room. This would be a good way to enter the villa if you are coming back from the beach or pool and you don't want to track sand into the villa.

Views from the GV's balcony:

Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #143
drujaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
When you visit Aulani, it would be helpful if you post photos of the view from your villa to this thread.
Our first day here and I have to say, this resort is just beautiful. Here's a view from room 1258 of the Ewa Tower. This room is a One Bedroom Ocean View.

drujaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #144
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drujaz View Post
Our first day here and I have to say, this resort is just beautiful. Here's a view from room 1258 of the Ewa Tower. This room is a One Bedroom Ocean View.
Thanks for posting, drujaz! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay at Aulani.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #145
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

I talked to a CM at Aulani and she confirmed that none of the HA units (or 1 bedrooms attached to an HA studio) have the single sleeper in the living room...no trundle under the tv or sleeper chair. She said it is because then the unit is not wheelchair accessible, a wheelchair couldn't go around the trundle to access the balcony. I don't think the lack of the single in the living room is an issue for most people, but for some (like us) it is. Luckily, I called MS and was able to switch to a regular PV villa. My FIL who has mobility issues can just use the shower in the master bedroom rather than the roll in shower.

Aulani also does not have rollaways, but she said they could provide an air mattress if you need the extra bed in the HA room. The CM did confirm that the pool view HA units are on the 4th floor- so if you need one, you know it's a good view!

Just good information to know!
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #146
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Villa #170/172 Lock-Off Two Bedroom

Villa #170/172 is part of Aulani's Phase 3 which is tentatively schedule to open in January 2013. As such, it is not yet available for guests to use. I don't know for sure which part of this vacation home is the one-bedroom villa and which part is the studio villa. However, if the layout of Phase 3 mirrors the layout of the already opened Phase 2, then villa #170 should be the one-bedroom and villa #172 should be the studio portion.

We were recently at Aulani and I took some photos of the view from the patio of Villa #170/172. It is on the ground level of the long wing of the Ewa Building. You step right off the patio of the villa and are in Waikolohe Valley, Aulani's name for the gardens and water features including the main pool and lazy river. Villa #170/172 is also as close as you can be to the bank of elevators and guest laundry room for the Ewa Building.

A possible drawback to Villa #170/172 is that it is classified as having a Pool View. Actually, the name of this view category is "Poolside Gardens View" which "includes at least a partial view of the pool, courtyards, water features, or landscaping from the room of balcony." Guests expecting a view of the pool or water feature might be disappointed with the view from the patio of Villa #170/172. Landscaping and a short rock wall blocks any view of the lazy river. The lazy river is actually just on the other side of the rock wall in these photos, which were taken from the patio. One photo is looking to the left, the other is looking to the right.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #147
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

This is view from 813, the 1-br portion of a 2-br lock-off ocean view.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 5, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 59, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 25, VGC 15, VGF 4, VWL 47

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #148
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

This is the view from 1006, a 2-br lock-off ocean view. It is currently (as of September 2012) being used as an 'open house' room, available for walk-in viewing every day for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the late afternoon.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 5, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 59, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 25, VGC 15, VGF 4, VWL 47

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #149
wdrl
DIS Veteran

Thanks, dvc_john, for posting your photos to this thread. My wife and I were at Aulani until 9/22 so we just missed you.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #150
Iceman93
Mouseketeer

I'm about to post a few-pics from 1003, a 2br non-lock-off ocean view. I mentioned to a few cast members that we were less than impressed with this as the most expensive view category, and was told they hear that a lot. LOVED the resort, was just underwhelmed with the view for what we paid.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: