Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #31
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

We just it back from our trip today. We got there early and was ale to get in and get our wristbands and had Cabana 3. So FYI I suggest trying for the really high number ones. Ours backed up to the road so while baby napped all I heard were trucks . But it was great to have and everyone had a blast.

They did not count the baby in the head count so my brother and his family was able to join us. This gave us a great meeting area and we had a blast. Very slow day so not very much of a wait for most slides. We had 14 waters and took many if them home.

We were going to do the all you can eat deal but heard several ppl complaining about it and just went to the grill instead. Forgot about the picnic or we would have preordered it instead.

When we go back again I would get the cabana again no problems

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #32
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

There's a lot of conversation about the cabanas, so i'll ask here.

According to the Aquatica web site, they have pool view cabanas that have a view of the wave pools. So they obviously must be near them. Where are the standard cabanas located? Are they scattered throughout the park...or are they also near the wave polls but don't face them?
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2012, 04:18 AM   #33
Fuhnuh
Mouseketeer

We went three times last August and rented a cabana each time. I think the Aquatica site has a map showing where they are located, but to the best of my knowledge, all the standard and pool view cabanas areas are on the outside walls of the two wave pools. One area to the right and one to the left of the wave pools. The only difference between standard and pool view I could see was the view. I did not see any other cabanas in these categories while at the park or on its map. I think there are three deluxe cabanas on the island in the middle of the two pools.
Fuhnuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #34
shoppgirl
DIS Veteran

we rented a pool view cabana last summer and it was fantastic! A pool view cabana faces the wave pool. If you don't get this category of cabana you are still located near the wave pool but further in from the gate/entry with no view (just a walkway and other cabanas and trees/shrubbery). All the cabanas are situated around the two wave pools. The island inbetween both wave pools has the premium cabanas. I enjoyed the pool view. I could sit in my cabana but have a great view of my girls playing in the wave pool. Or I could just pull one of my loungers/chairs right up to the rope area looking out into the pool. It was a short walk from the cabana entrance. The fridge was nice to have, and large too, filled with 8 (I think) Aquafina water bottles. The large locker with key lock came in handy too. And you get 4 towels. We picked up lunch at one of the service counters and brought it back to the cabana and enjoyed our meal there under the nice ceiling fan. I even had a nap!

The only negative was that it started to thunder around 3pm, and because there was thunder/lightning, we were told we couldn't stay in the shelter of our private cabana because of the metal poles! We had to leave the cabana and seek shelter in the buildings. But the entire park can't possibly fit in the few buildings, and I saw tons of people standing under umbrellas all over the park!

We were there on an overcast day. I would imagine being at Aquatica on a sunny day, it probably would have made a bigger difference for us. If you don't get a cabana, you can find lots of large umbrellas/loungers on the beach by the wave pools. very easy to do if you go first thing in the morning.

Disney Dream Cruise July 2011
Disney Dream Cruise July 2012

Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2013

Disneyland Hotel March 2014
shoppgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #35
Toulouse
Ladies don't start fights, but they can finish them!

I know you can't bring alcohol into the park and you can get beer on site at the restaurants, but will the servers bring you beer to the cabana or no?

:: 1986 Disneyland - off-site :: 2000 WDW - Treehouse Villas ::
:: 2006 WDW - POR-Riverside :: 2013 WDW - POR-Riverside ::

Toulouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #36
Toulouse

Bump?

Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #37
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toulouse View Post
I know you can't bring alcohol into the park and you can get beer on site at the restaurants, but will the servers bring you beer to the cabana or no?
We rented a cabana twice on our August trip. Neither time did the cabana attendants offer to bring food or alcohol to our cabana for us. There was usually only one (occasionally we saw two) attendant for our group of cabanas at any given time, so it would be difficult for them to bring beverages to individual families with such little staffing in this area. The cabana staffers were more there to ensure only cabana guests get access to that area, and provide directions and general assistance when necessary.

Now at Discovery Cove, its a different story. You have a personal cabana person assigned to you, and they take care of your every whim. They definitely DO bring you alcohol to your cabana!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #38
Toulouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We rented a cabana twice on our August trip. Neither time did the cabana attendants offer to bring food or alcohol to our cabana for us. There was usually only one (occasionally we saw two) attendant for our group of cabanas at any given time, so it would be difficult for them to bring beverages to individual families with such little staffing in this area. The cabana staffers were more there to ensure only cabana guests get access to that area, and provide directions and general assistance when necessary.

Now at Discovery Cove, its a different story. You have a personal cabana person assigned to you, and they take care of your every whim. They definitely DO bring you alcohol to your cabana!
Thanks Gina - we went ahead and booked the premium cabana at Aquatica (this one) for our day in April.

Quote:
Enjoy your day in one of two premium cabanas located on the island between our two wave pools. These cabanas feature upgraded furniture on this private island. This exclusive area can only accommodate a maximum of four guests per rental. Price includes a maximum of 4 guests total.
Hopefully we'll get some special service with the premium but it won't ruin my day if we don't! We did Discovery Cove last time we were there, that was before they had the cabanas, but I found that the day was so full with us being in the pools that we probably wouldn't have used them much anyway. We're planning on a full day out with about half in the pool and half spent lounging this time!

Even if we have to get our own beers, looking forward to the privacy and a place to go "hide" from the infinite kiddos :P

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: