Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #31
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

What a crazy beginning to your trip!! I'm so glad you were still able to go to Disney, and that your son had such a Disney attitude about it. Can't wait to read more.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #32
jwgm2012
Mouseketeer

Reading the start of your report was very moving. I know it's a given to do anything, at all costs, to help our families when the need us but the strength to actually do it - how unreal?!?! Does that make sense? It's like "how did I do that" but just goes to show, we're not alone...

The Grand Flo was just the perfect place to arrive... from a hellacious (sp?) start to heaven on earth

Can't wait to read the rest. Wonderful to know you and your family are safe.

gina
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #33
momof2cutegirls
DIS Veteran

Glad to ear you're safe! Looking forward to your TR!
DD11

Planning for Marriott Grand Vista - November 30-December 7, 2014
Boardwalk Villas - one night only February 10, 2013
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - November 24-December 1, 2012
Boardwalk Villas & Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - November-December 2010
Marriott Grand Vista - 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003
Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #34
Perkins5
I'm just a little Disney obsessed!

I'm so happy you guys were alright from the accident. It must have been so scary! I enjoy reading your TR's so much. I live in N. KY so we are kind of neighbors lol. Cant wait to hear more!!
Old 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #35
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Joining in on the next great Tim and Lesley adventure at WDW. It wonderful that you were able to win two free nights at the Grand Floridian, it is so beautiful. DH and I stand there for our 5th anniversary the year after it opened. It is still one of my favorite resorts to visit and just sit in the lobby, and listen to the music.

I am sorry your trip started off in such a ruff way, but am happy you were able to move forward.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013

Last edited by micandminforever; 04-12-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #36
LMO429
DIS Veteran

subscribing! so glad everyone made it out ok in the accident

Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #37
xDisneyAngelx
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, Your party from Saturn has arrived please give them a ring"

Hey,
Thank god you guys are all right. I can't believe it happend when you were heading to the "Happiest Place on Earth!" Anyways, im glad to see you all having a great time...Can't wait to hear more about your trip :-)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #38
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

OMG what a scary thing to have happen. I'm so glad you guys are ok and made it to Disney World.

That resort looks so gorgeous! Can't wait to hear about your first full Disney day. The first night there is always the best.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #39
VanniGirl
DIS Veteran

Thank God you are all ok after the accident! Looking forward to reading about your trip
Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #40
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

The accident story brought tears to my eyes, thank goodness you guys are all safe and okay!

Looking forward to hearing more, i'll be checking in to the GF on Wednesday! Never stayed there before, so looking forward to hearing what you think

Next Trip: October 3, 2014!
Universal's Hard Rock Hotel, & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #41
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

new reader to your TR,
Wow what a start.. So glad you all or ok..
can't wait to read the rest.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #42
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you're all OK. I read it on FB & my heart went to my stomach. God was with you all, that's for sure.

I'm so glad you were able to continue on your trip and the GF to boot! Fun!!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #43
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

OMG, What a scary beginning to your trip, Thank goodness you are all okay. I could not pick a better resort, than the Grand! Beautiful!

Cannot wait to read more....

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
Old 04-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #44
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

So glad you are all O.K. - you are truly blessed. And congrats on your hotel stay "win", that is excellent.
Looking forward to reading another one of your reports.

DH Me DS22 DS18 and Max wags his tail for the Gaels - Go St. Joe!

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
* 01/08 (mother/daughter trip) - POR * 08/08 - YC * 04/09 (ladies trip) - Dolphin * 07/10 - BC * 9/13 - YC*
Old 04-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #45
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupple View Post
So glad you are all OK!! That is scary but I'm really not surprised you perservered on and had a wonderful vacation. Can't wait to follow along on this TR.
Thanks for coming along on another ride with us : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidia View Post
Another long time reader of your reports here! It seems like you've always got one going on while I'm in the planning stages of my trips, so your trip reports always get me through until I get there myself. I can't believe how grown up your kiddies are now! Lauren was SOOO little in the first ones...

SO happy you guys are ok... I actually teared up reading your account of the accident and seeing the photos.
Glad you found us again and that it will be helpful to you. I know, she was so tiny in those looking back : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelliroo3 View Post
So happy to see you're writing a trip report! I always enjoy following along with your vacations.

WOW! That's so scary. I'm glad you are all okay. It really does seem like someone was looking out for you all. A guardian angel perhaps. Those kinds of things really make you stop and appreciate the little things. How quickly things can change. It's scary. You just gotta enjoy your life and not take things for granted. *hugs* Disney was definetely a good distraction.
Yes we had a guardian angel looking over us for sure! Disney was the perfect distraction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittypatBR View Post
Lesley, I am so glad you were all okay. God was really watching over you. I have hydroplaned twice, and it is the scariest thing in the world because there is nothing you can do. The car just takes off on its own. The first time I was lucky enough to spin through a median and have no damage, but the second time I ended up facing the wrong way after smashing against the guard rail. Not fun. At least my air bag didn't deploy, but that may have protected you from more injury, even if stinky and painful.

Thanks goodness it didn't derail your trip completely. That would have made it so much worse! The Grand Floridian looks wonderful.
Thank you, yes, he truly was. Yes, it is such a helpless feeling. Glad you were o.k. too, geez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Wow, the trip couldn't have started off worse. Thank God you and your family were all okay. Thinks can only get better from here.

Congrats on two free nights at the Grand Floridian. What a great way to get things back on track.
Yes, it was a rough start to say the least. Thanks, we certainly enjoyed our time there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
OMG! Thank goodness you were all OK! So glad that car did it's job and kept you safe. I was in an accident 3 years ago where the airbags deployed and did the exact same thing. I bolted out of the car thinking the smoke meant the engine was on fire- so scary.

You guys are amazing that you kept going to WDW- can't wait to hear the rest!
Thank you! More coming today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblc14 View Post
Oh my...and I thought our trip got off to a bad start...yikes.

So glad everyone was safe and then able to put it all behind you...and the first song to restart the trip was a little ironic.

Glad to be reading another of your TR's!!
Well what happened on your trip? Thanks for coming back for more : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
After such a rough start, this is an especially nice picture - two happy, healthy kids, a beautiful surrounding, and that wonderful 'We've arrived!' feeling.
I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
Wow what a start to your vacation. So happy that everyone was safe. It is always fun to read your TRs, and yes your kids have sure grown up fast.
Thank you! Yes, sooooo fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahcor View Post
I really enjoy your reports, excited for this newest trip. What a scary start...so glad you are all o.k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
What a crazy beginning to your trip!! I'm so glad you were still able to go to Disney, and that your son had such a Disney attitude about it. Can't wait to read more.
Yes it was a crazy start, thanks - his attitude was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Reading the start of your report was very moving. I know it's a given to do anything, at all costs, to help our families when the need us but the strength to actually do it - how unreal?!?! Does that make sense? It's like "how did I do that" but just goes to show, we're not alone...

The Grand Flo was just the perfect place to arrive... from a hellacious (sp?) start to heaven on earth

Can't wait to read the rest. Wonderful to know you and your family are safe.

gina
Thanks so much, it was very unreal indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2cutegirls View Post
Glad to ear you're safe! Looking forward to your TR!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins5 View Post
I'm so happy you guys were alright from the accident. It must have been so scary! I enjoy reading your TR's so much. I live in N. KY so we are kind of neighbors lol. Cant wait to hear more!!
Thanks, yes it was very scary. Well hello neighbor ; )
Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Joining in on the next great Tim and Lesley adventure at WDW. It wonderful that you were able to win two free nights at the Grand Floridian, it is so beautiful. DH and I stand there for our 5th anniversary the year after it opened. It is still one of my favorite resorts to visit and just sit in the lobby, and listen to the music.

I am sorry your trip started off in such a ruff way, but am happy you were able to move forward.
Thanks for joining in again. Isn't it a beautiful resort!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
subscribing! so glad everyone made it out ok in the accident
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDisneyAngelx View Post
Hey,
Thank god you guys are all right. I can't believe it happend when you were heading to the "Happiest Place on Earth!" Anyways, im glad to see you all having a great time...Can't wait to hear more about your trip :-)
I couldn't believe it either, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
OMG what a scary thing to have happen. I'm so glad you guys are ok and made it to Disney World.

That resort looks so gorgeous! Can't wait to hear about your first full Disney day. The first night there is always the best.
Yes it was very scary. It is such a pretty resort, more pics to come in the next installment

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanniGirl View Post
Thank God you are all ok after the accident! Looking forward to reading about your trip
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
The accident story brought tears to my eyes, thank goodness you guys are all safe and okay!

Looking forward to hearing more, i'll be checking in to the GF on Wednesday! Never stayed there before, so looking forward to hearing what you think
Hey Nicole! Thanks so much! Wow, what fun, enjoy!!!!! You are going to love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
new reader to your TR,
Wow what a start.. So glad you all or ok..
can't wait to read the rest.
Welcome welcome welcome! Thanks, more to come!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
I'm so glad you're all OK. I read it on FB & my heart went to my stomach. God was with you all, that's for sure.

I'm so glad you were able to continue on your trip and the GF to boot! Fun!!
Thank you, it was scary for sure. GF is amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
OMG, What a scary beginning to your trip, Thank goodness you are all okay. I could not pick a better resort, than the Grand! Beautiful!

Cannot wait to read more....
Thanks, it truly is Grand!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMomR View Post
So glad you are all O.K. - you are truly blessed. And congrats on your hotel stay "win", that is excellent.
Looking forward to reading another one of your reports.
Thank you, yes, blessed indeed!

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: