Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #1471
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousseauMob View Post
Thanks Corinna, your comment means so much to us! In 2012 my daughter took your class on the Hawaii cruise, and we've continued to make key chains and charms, since then. I can't thank you enough for starting us on this fun hobby!
I am glad that I was able to sew a little seed. This is such a wonderful hobby.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:52 AM   #1472
sarahs0dap0p
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarefb View Post
OK -

I'm not sure I'm supposed to post that? Sorry if not!

You can either buy the bottle caps with a hole punched, or without. The punches are in the jewelry making section at Micheals/JoAnns. I picked out my jump rings first, then got the sized punch to match (they are in mm - of course I have thrown out the packaging so I don';t know the size I bought!) it will probably take a few tries to get them right! Then set yourself up at a table with 2 sets of pliers, jump rings, charms, chain & clips. I found it easier to cut all the chain first, & attach to the clips, then I attached all the charms at the same time. Doesn't take a huge amount of time, if you are organized.

You will also need a 1 inch punch to punch out the bottle cap images. I use a little hot glue to stick them, then carefully (NOT touching the sticky side) put them on top.

I have images if you want me to email them too.

Good luck!
Was wondering if I could get them emailed to me?! I am in love with that whole idea! SOOO doing this!
sarahs0dap0p is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #1473
sarahs0dap0p
Earning My Ears

Smile fantasy cup holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
I just love duct tape I even made my FE using a shopping bag from Disney's 40th and gold duct tape.

The steps were slightly different for four cup holder vs the two cup.
Start with it folded. I believe for two cup I did red row of duct tape o bottom, then gold row starting at top edge of cup part, then black strip over leaving a bit of red and gold showing,(go all the way around) I then did a red strip at top folding over (so half strip) then covered top with a couple rows of white. (For top part i did one side at a time instead of going all the way around)

I used an exacto knife to cut through at the right spots. It helps to look at is unfolded to see where you need to cut. I found using the sheets of duct tape from craft store easier for making the circles. Fantasy I just printed, laminated and glue dotted.
The main difference for four cup was an extra black row and the cutting was a bit awkward. It might be easier with a different type holder. I had Chick-fil-a holders and the 4 cup curved at top of cup part.
Hmmm... Maybe I will get a couple more and take pictures of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Do you have a blog or anything with pictures on how to do this? this would be PERFECT!!!!
sarahs0dap0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #1474
Bandit16
Earning My Ears

Can I get these too??? Please!! Sorry, I'm new to this.... The hidden Micky things is what I'm asking about.
Bandit16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:55 AM   #1475
2disneycruzrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahs0dap0p View Post
Do you have a blog or anything with pictures on how to do this? this would be PERFECT!!!!
I found this online doing a search if OP doesn't respond. It was a PERFECT photo step by step. If you PM your email address, I'm quite certain I have the file.

Wonder 10/14 * Reimagined Magic 12/13 * Swan/Dream/Animation: 12/12 * Beach Club: 1/12 - work * AKL/Dream: 9/11 - my daughter's and nieces' first cruise! * Beach Club/Wonder: 11/08 - work * Beach Club/Wonder: 8/08 - work (I get paid to go?!) * Dolphin/Wonder: 12/05 * RCCL - Jewel inaugural season (Western) 4/05-work * RCCL - Serenade inaugural season (Alaska) 8/04 - work * Swan/Magic: 11/03 Eastern * Dolphin/Wonder 10/02 - our honeymoon * WDW '83
2disneycruzrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:21 PM   #1476
drkathyj
Earning My Ears

loved these

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
Ok.. not really home made, but I did design on the computer to have the beanies created..

This is one of the gifts we gave out for our Alaskan cruise. We passed them out before we got to Tracy's Arm on July 4th, so that they could be used during the cool day going through the fjord and glacier viewing.

My son loved his beenie and still wears it

First WDW trip 1972-been going ever since. Have stayed at Polynesian, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Port Orleans, Dixie Landing, All Star Sports, Car Beach, Old Key West, Boardwalk.
Disneyland 1990 first time-Disneyland Hotel and Candy Cane Inn yearly ever since.
First Disney Cruise-Alaska Wonder 2012.
WDW 2012, March 2013
Grand Californian Mar 2014
Paris Disney Mar 2015
Baja 5 night Wonder Oct 4 2015
drkathyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:40 PM   #1477
cpcos2005
Earning My Ears

where did you find the luggage slips thanks
cpcos2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:12 PM   #1478
ScrapHappy
Earning My Ears

Chalkboard art FE for my upcoming cruise. This is my first homemade FE and I think I'm hooked! I have so many more ideas running around in my head

ScrapHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #1479
MnMzMoMi4LiFe
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapHappy View Post
Chalkboard art FE for my upcoming cruise. This is my first homemade FE and I think I'm hooked! I have so many more ideas running around in my head
Very nice! So when are you going to post the step by step instructions?

“If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it - then I can achieve it.” ― Muhammad Ali
MnMzMoMi4LiFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #1480
ScrapHappy
Earning My Ears

MnMzMoMi4LiFe, I'm happy to post the instructions. I posted them on the DCL FE Facebook group page so as far as I'm concerned they're public domain

Chalkboard Art How-To
1. In a photo editing program such as Photoshop Elements, open up a jpg file of the chalkboard background. I found mine by Googling chalkboard art backgrounds and then I right-clicked and saved it to my computer to use.
2. All of the fonts I used are free online to download, most of them I think I found at dafont.com.
3. Use the font Newport Classic for the words, "Disney Cruise Line'.
4. Open up a file containing the image of the name of the Disney ship and copy that name over to the chalkboard background and resize it to your liking. Again, I found my image by Googling DCL ship logos and looking at Images until I found one that I could right-click and save.
5. Here are a list of fonts that work well as chalk-style writing fonts or images: Grutch Shaded, Bergamot Ornaments, Birmingham, KR Down by the Sea, Handy George, Lucida Handwriting.
6. For my chalkboard art I used Wingdings 2 and Mickey Mousebats for some of the images.
7. For my chalkboard art I used the following fonts for the various words/images:
• Grutch Shaded - Cruise date, "Grand Cayman"
• Bergamot Ornaments - "To" image, the swirls on both sides of "To", the scrolls on the sides, and the divider above and below "Magic"
• Newport Classic - "Disney Cruise Line"
• Wingdings2 - Hand image
• Birmingham - "Key West"
• KR Down by the Sea - Shell image
• Handy George - "Cozumel"
• Lucida Handwriting - "Castaway Cay"
• Mickey Mousebats - Mickey head image
8. Once you have your chalkboard the way you want it, print it out in the size you wish to use. Just print it on a regular printer using regular copy paper.
9. Cut out the chalkboard art image, then adhere onto surface of your liking. Spray adhesive works best because it doesn’t get the paper wet which will make it wrinkle or bubble up. I adhered my chalkboard image on canvas board, but blocked canvas or wood can be used as well. You may want to paint the edges of your background surface black.
10. Once the image has dried on the background surface, spray it with a few coats of matte sealant to seal it.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it but that's how I made mine. Hope that helps!

ScrapHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #1481
Carrie in AZ
DIS Veteran

Thanks for these instructions! I sure wish I was on your cruise. Take a bow, you did an excellent job for sure!!
July 2013 Aulani
June 2012 - GCH July 2012 - Aulani
June 2011 - CR/BCV
Thanksgiving 2010 - Disneyland
Nov 2009 - CR/Poly Oct 2009 - GCH Nov 2008 - BC
June 2008 - GCH Oct 2007 - DLH
Nov 2006 - POR June 2004 - DLH
Apr 2002 - POR Nov 1999 - Dixie Landings
Carrie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #1482
MAJPLO
DIS Veteran

Magnet question.... When you print magnets on card stock and then put them on the stick-on magnet sheets, do you laminate before sticking? Or just do clear contact paper on top?

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011
Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean May 2013
Sapphire Princess California Coastal January 2014
Disney Magic Southern Caribbean September 2014
MAJPLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #1483
spjack13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahs0dap0p View Post
Was wondering if I could get them emailed to me?! I am in love with that whole idea! SOOO doing this!
Hi I know this is an old post but I cruise in 2 months and would love to do this. Can I trouble you for the pics as well? Thank you for the directions.
spjack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #1484
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

I have decided I am doing the FE exchange on my December cruise.
I am not crafty but I do have a hot glue gun which I think is half the battle?

Anyway, for anyone that is really in the know, is it really that much more cost effective to buy one made than make your own? I am up to do both so whatever you think, I will end up doing

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #1485
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEDisneyFans View Post
I found packs of six bottles at Oriental Trading dot com for $6.50! They are listed as "Bottle Charms With Cork Stopper" (item # IN-68/46106), just in case the link below doesn't work:

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/br...g&sku=68/46106

Doing something similar, but my cruise won't be 'til 2015.
I L O V E this idea and since I am not crafty it could work.
I could make a label that says Castaway Cay and our cruise date and give it
out and people could fill it. Would that be okay for a FE gift?
Also, have to fly and doing 3 nights at Disney and then cruise so my luggage will be at the weight limit.

Also, do we put a note on our FE on who it came from?
Thank you.

Last edited by js; 10-09-2014 at 03:33 PM.
js is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: