Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #1426
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherBeWithMickey View Post
Corinna, may I ask where you got the Mickey head "decals"?
I got them from a UK based seller on Ebay.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:32 PM   #1427
Poohbear 64
Mouseketeer

This has been a fun thread to look through. I am doing the FE for our cruise in August, first time doing it. I must say that I am obsessed with finding stuff to make. My brain is going to burst with all of the information that I have stuffed into it. I am looking forward to more ideas, my brain has a few extra openings.

August 2014 Fantasy Western Carribean
September 2013 Wonder Pacific Coast
April 1989 Big Red Boat
22 Cruises on "other" Cruise Lines
Poohbear 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #1428
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelFloyd View Post
Does this sound good and how old are kids when they no longer want to color? I don't want anyone to feel too old for their gift.

Thanks.
Welllll......we were a group of 3 adults participating in the FE about a year ago and received a package of silicone mold/home-made crayons as a FE gift. I still chuckle at that. Maybe you are never too old for crayons!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #1429
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Diz View Post
Welllll......we were a group of 3 adults participating in the FE about a year ago and received a package of silicone mold/home-made crayons as a FE gift. I still chuckle at that. Maybe you are never too old for crayons!
I know, I love the ones I made, so figured kids would too. I did mickey heads and skulls in pirate sacks for the boys and snowflakes and mickeys for girls. I am happy with how they turned out, hope they like them as much as you liked yours. Thanks for the input

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
RapunzelFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #1430
spjack13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarefb View Post
Some key chains & matching American Girl doll & girl bows
I know this is quite an old post, but I would really love instructions for making these for my December fe.

Thank you
spjack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #1431
rigsbpk
Earning My Ears

Make that 24!!!
rigsbpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:24 PM   #1432
mommymoose
Earning My Ears

So DH thinks the adults would like TGIFridays free appetizer coupons for when they get off the ship, he works there, so it is a little something unique to us....would that be cheesy or more appreciated than something specifically disney themed???
mommymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:19 AM   #1433
Poohbear 64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymoose View Post
So DH thinks the adults would like TGIFridays free appetizer coupons for when they get off the ship, he works there, so it is a little something unique to us....would that be cheesy or more appreciated than something specifically disney themed???

I know we would like that as a gift, but TGI's might not be in everyone's area. It is the thought that counts though.

August 2014 Fantasy Western Carribean
September 2013 Wonder Pacific Coast
April 1989 Big Red Boat
22 Cruises on "other" Cruise Lines
Poohbear 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #1434
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That would be an excellent gift IMO. I do have to chuckle, my DH used to do the same things when he worked there, especially for school events and such. It always was well received.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:30 AM   #1435
ahain
Thankful & Blessed

Quote:
The only downside I would see to this is that many people would feel that they need to spend a bunch of money in order to get that "free" appetizer...i.e. purchasing drinks, appetizers for others in their party that don't have a coupon, or even a meal.

Not that it should matter (since it is a "gift", after all) but some people might be put-off and think it was a cheap (or free, if DH is an employee and has access to free vouchers)/no-effort way to do FE.
Disney Wonder - Alaska - 6/2015 ......Disney Dream - 4 night Bahamas - 4/2015...Disney Dream - 3 night Bahamas - 10/2014...Disney Fantasy - 7 night Eastern Caribbean - 4/2014 .....Disney Dream - 3 night Bahamas - 10/2012
ahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #1436
mommymoose
Earning My Ears

of course, i understand, but it would only be part of the group's gift- definitely plan on doing some crafting to go along with it. I guess my question is not so much about whether people would gripe over "cost" of gift, but whether or not is non-disney related.
mommymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #1437
joycsk
Red's my girl

Related thought

Quote:
of course, i understand, but it would only be part of the group's gift- definitely plan on doing some crafting to go along with it. I guess my question is not so much about whether people would gripe over "cost" of gift, but whether or not is non-disney related.
I don't think that "disney themed" is necessarily a requirement for FE gifts. Many people comment how "useful" cruise-survival kits (band-aids, lip balm, etc.) are, and those are not 'directly' Disney.

Personally, I LOVE certain, specific TGIF appetizers, so the idea that such a coupon could have a "value" of nearly $10 makes it quite attractive to me. . .

I've posted before about someone who gave an "easy" but fabulous FE gift. They gave each cabin a mickey head wine bottle stopper. That was all, but it was also enough. FEs are primarily for kids, but _I_ enjoyed that 'adult' gift!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #1438
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I agree might be good for some and it is the thought that counts, we just don't have any TGIFs anymore in our area so we wouldn't be able to utilize it but it is a nice gesture.

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
RapunzelFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #1439
Princesstiff3385
Mouseketeer

I've been looking all over this morning and I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind.

A few days ago I was browsing around for ideas, we are cruising in Oct and it's a first time for 6 of the people we are going with including my mother who payed for a portion of our room as an anniversary gift. I really wanted to make a few cute pairs of earrings for everyone and came across a shrinky dink page with the cruise line logo and a mickey head in life preservers, I was son my tablet and it wouldn't save and now that I'm on the computer I can't find it anywhere. Was it in this thread I've read about 55 pages and can't find it.

If you can help I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
Old 02-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #1440
swmal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
the nearest TGI Fridays to us is about 3 hours...so although it's the thought that counts...it might only work for people in metropolitan areas? .
swmal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: